8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By GTGeorge
Hi guys,

My first post here. I've been around the other sites but dropped off. Looking forward to hanging out
here.
George_s-87-928S4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
GTGeorge wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm Hi guys,

My first post here. I've been around the other sites but dropped off. Looking forward to hanging out
here.

George_s-87-928S4.jpg
Glad to see you were able to get in.

Beautiful car, welcome!
By worf
Adamant1971 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:44 pmHowdy :)
Hey! Good ta’see ya!
Adamant1971 liked this
By Don Smith
Welcome aboard. Tell us about your orange car.
Cheers
Don
By bizman928
Joined a short while ago. Stopped sponsoring the other site a couple of years ago after many years and then got blocked unless I paid them again? So stuff that!
Looking forward to catching up with old & new 928'ers on here in a much more relaxed and friendly environment.
DSCF0257.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bizman928 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By worf
bizman928 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:36 pm Joined a short while ago. Stopped sponsoring the other site a couple of years ago after many years and then got blocked unless I paid them again? So stuff that!
Looking forward to catching up with old & new 928'ers on here in a much more relaxed and friendly environment.
Welcome! Not sure who you are though. Many of use the same or similar handles for transparency.
By bizman928
worf wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:49 pm
bizman928 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:36 pm Joined a short while ago. Stopped sponsoring the other site a couple of years ago after many years and then got blocked unless I paid them again? So stuff that!
Welcome! Not sure who you are though. Many of use the same or similar handles for transparency.
Was Bizman928 on RL of Woodypeck.com we sell the 928 luggage covers and LED bulbs and now lots more 928 spares
WIll get the hang of how to post my 928 photo on here asap. :banghead:
By worf
bizman928 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:00 pm Was Bizman928 on RL of Woodypeck.com we sell the 928 luggage covers and LED bulbs and now lots more 928 spares
WIll get the hang of how to post my 928 photo on here asap. :banghead:
Cool!
By hernanca
Finally looking around the new hangout and wanted to check in. Joined last year, mainly because I've been along for an exodus or two and this had all the rumblings of yet another move. I have been noticing a bit of an echo at the other site and looking around I started feeling a bit like I was at the wrong party (no pun intended..).

Looking around here and seeing Gene'O's babe proudly displayed on the wall told me I was in the right place!

Now that I sold my white/black 86.5 5-speed (and all the kids and step-kids are pretty settled in to colleges or jobs) I can finally focus on my silver 86.5 auto. I may have gone a little crazy with it, but I am having fun, look forward to sharing, and I'm sure I will be asking for help!

Speaking of recollections, the 2001 pic below was posted on the other site by jon928se (Australia) in Shawn Stanford's thread requesting old Frenzy pics.

After my 2 cents to identify Marc Thomas and David Lloyd, Jon updated the caption to what you see below.

Participants L-R. Marc Thomas, Dave Roberts, Jim Bailey, Jay Kempf, David Lloyd, Wally Plumley (I think) and John Eifert in the background.
By worf
Welcome (back) Carlos.

So... who are these guys :)

By hernanca
Thank you, D.

I know it's a rhetorical question, but I will answer anyway:

L-R at the table: Wally Plumley, Dave Roberts, Marc Thomas, Kim Crumb, Ed (YMMV) Ruiz, and Mark Anderson. Standing with the Mic is Marc White (and that might be his 928 in the background), and at the front of the audience in the white T-shirt is David Lloyd. Ahhh, the good ole' days!
By worf
hernanca wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:42 pm Ahhh, the good ole' days!
Heh. I need to scan one of our “special” membership cards and post it. Or would that be copyright violation?
By hernanca
I believe Mr. Schmidt would be the one to ask about that. I came across one of mine the other day. Boy those 928 hoods are sturdy! :wink:
By Benno
thanks for creating this forum. looking forward to posting here. Question, is there some sort of forum sync with the RL site? It seems as though I am seeing the same threads in both forums
By worf
Benno wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:12 pm … is there some sort of forum sync with the RL site?
Any “sync” is done manually by humans who decide they want two threads.
By worf
Welcome Ake.

We're going to need more info on this Ferrari...
By worf
amdavid wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:44 pm We're going to need more information on the "Bird Site" too.
Here… with a spoon:

By worf
eman 928 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:17 pm Hi just joined and looking forward to this forum
Eric?

Welcome.
By Rich928
Well I'm in!

I had contributed quite a bit to Rennlist in the past but when they went commercial and I didn't pay their dues my image bucket was full so I couldn't help anyone anyone with images.

Glad to be here!
Rich
928 OC Membership Chairman
Electronik Repair, Inc.
www.electronikrepair.com
worf, SeanR, Bertrand Daoust liked this
By fpena944
Rich928 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:34 pm Well I'm in!

I had contributed quite a bit to Rennlist in the past but when they went commercial and I didn't pay their dues my image bucket was full so I couldn't help anyone anyone with images.

Glad to be here!
Rich
928 OC Membership Chairman
Electronik Repair, Inc.
www.electronikrepair.com
Welcome Rich!

Sorry it took a few tries to get you in. I'll look into what might have been the issue and make sure it doesn't prevent other users from joining.

Let me know if you have any questions on the forum itself or suggestions/feedback!
worf liked this
By Joe F
Hello,
Just found you and checking in. I came to get in on the College football pick-em contest that's going here, but am a long time car person and am glad to be here.

Joe F.
Portland, OR area
By fpena944
Joe F wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:31 pm Hello,
Just found you and checking in. I came to get in on the College football pick-em contest that's going here, but am a long time car person and am glad to be here.

Joe F.
Portland, OR area
Welcome!

If you have any questions related to the forum itself or suggestions, please reach out to me directly. Enjoy!
By Babado
New 86.5 928 owner, not sure if I'm a refugee yet ( new other site member too) followed Ed (Linderpat) here via a thread with 1 refugee and a current other site member arguing about something I can't remember at the moment, anyway, you all probably know who I'm talking about, just happy to have a 928 and be part of a great community of car enthusiasts.
I'm giving up a restoration project on my 51 year family owned AR 71 1750 GTV for 928 ownership, at least at this point my wife thinks I am :lol2:
worf, SeanR, Bertrand Daoust and 1 others liked this
By worf
Welcome aboard.
By Ed Scherer
We might pick up a few more refugees given yet another train wreck thread over on RL.

Hadn't been there for a while and came across the 928 Forum "Tool to remove Front Upper A-Arm bolts" thread. I'll leave it to someone else to provide a direct link if you'd like.

Ego! Defensiveness! Martyrdom! Pot stirring! Aggression — passive, or active, take your pick! Something for everybody who has a passing interest in psychology and how not to win friends and influence people.

Glad to be here. :smile:
hernanca liked this
By worf
Ed Scherer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:05 pm We might pick up a few more refugees given yet another train wreck thread over on RL.
Yeah. I saw that. RL is mostly bickering and poor advice now.

The more we use this forum the better it will be.
hernanca liked this
By fpena944
Ed Scherer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:05 pm We might pick up a few more refugees given yet another train wreck thread over on RL.

Hadn't been there for a while and came across the 928 Forum "Tool to remove Front Upper A-Arm bolts" thread. I'll leave it to someone else to provide a direct link if you'd like.

Ego! Defensiveness! Martyrdom! Pot stirring! Aggression — passive, or active, take your pick! Something for everybody who has a passing interest in psychology and how not to win friends and influence people.

Glad to be here. :smile:
worf wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:30 pm
Yeah. I saw that. RL is mostly bickering and poor advice now.

The more we use this forum the better it will be.
Thankfully Google seems to be treating us nicely here. Even though the other options have been around much longer, we're also on page one:
image.png
By Ed Scherer
Let's see what the new tech has to say:
ChatGPT session wrote: (Ed) What alternatives to Rennlist are there for Porsche 928 owners?

(ChatGPT) There are several alternatives to Rennlist for Porsche 928 owners. Some of the most popular ones include:

928 Owners Club: This is a community of Porsche 928 owners that offers a forum for discussing topics related to the 928, including maintenance, repairs, modifications, and more. The forum is free to join and provides a wealth of information from experienced 928 owners.

Porsche Club of America: The Porsche Club of America (PCA) is a national organization that offers membership to Porsche owners, including those who own a 928. The PCA provides access to events, resources, and a community of Porsche enthusiasts.

928 Registry: The 928 Registry is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of the Porsche 928. The organization provides a forum for 928 owners to connect, share information, and participate in events.

Facebook Groups: There are several Facebook groups dedicated to Porsche 928 owners, including "Porsche 928 Owners Group" and "Porsche 928 International." These groups provide a platform for 928 owners to connect, ask questions, and share information.

Pelican Parts: Pelican Parts is an online community and parts supplier for Porsche enthusiasts. The site includes a forum for discussing topics related to Porsche, including the 928.

Overall, there are several alternatives to Rennlist that Porsche 928 owners can turn to for information, resources, and community.

(Ed) What about the Open Road site and forum?

(ChatGPT) Open Road is another alternative for Porsche 928 owners. Open Road is a community of Porsche enthusiasts, and it offers a forum that includes discussions on the 928 model, among other Porsche models. The forum covers a wide range of topics, including maintenance, repairs, modifications, and general discussions about the Porsche 928. The Open Road forum is free to join and is open to both novice and experienced Porsche 928 owners.

In addition to the forum, Open Road also offers a classifieds section where users can buy or sell Porsche parts and vehicles. There is also a news section on the website, which includes articles on Porsche-related topics and events.

Overall, Open Road is a useful resource for Porsche 928 owners who are looking to connect with other Porsche enthusiasts, find information on the 928, and participate in discussions related to the model.
So close... ! :smile:
By fpena944
Ed Scherer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:35 pm Let's see what the new tech has to say:
ChatGPT session wrote: (Ed) What alternatives to Rennlist are there for Porsche 928 owners?

(ChatGPT) There are several alternatives to Rennlist for Porsche 928 owners. Some of the most popular ones include:

928 Owners Club: This is a community of Porsche 928 owners that offers a forum for discussing topics related to the 928, including maintenance, repairs, modifications, and more. The forum is free to join and provides a wealth of information from experienced 928 owners.

Porsche Club of America: The Porsche Club of America (PCA) is a national organization that offers membership to Porsche owners, including those who own a 928. The PCA provides access to events, resources, and a community of Porsche enthusiasts.

928 Registry: The 928 Registry is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of the Porsche 928. The organization provides a forum for 928 owners to connect, share information, and participate in events.

Facebook Groups: There are several Facebook groups dedicated to Porsche 928 owners, including "Porsche 928 Owners Group" and "Porsche 928 International." These groups provide a platform for 928 owners to connect, ask questions, and share information.

Pelican Parts: Pelican Parts is an online community and parts supplier for Porsche enthusiasts. The site includes a forum for discussing topics related to Porsche, including the 928.

Overall, there are several alternatives to Rennlist that Porsche 928 owners can turn to for information, resources, and community.

(Ed) What about the Open Road site and forum?

(ChatGPT) Open Road is another alternative for Porsche 928 owners. Open Road is a community of Porsche enthusiasts, and it offers a forum that includes discussions on the 928 model, among other Porsche models. The forum covers a wide range of topics, including maintenance, repairs, modifications, and general discussions about the Porsche 928. The Open Road forum is free to join and is open to both novice and experienced Porsche 928 owners.

In addition to the forum, Open Road also offers a classifieds section where users can buy or sell Porsche parts and vehicles. There is also a news section on the website, which includes articles on Porsche-related topics and events.

Overall, Open Road is a useful resource for Porsche 928 owners who are looking to connect with other Porsche enthusiasts, find information on the 928, and participate in discussions related to the model.
Love it!

Ok have to go positively influence those Chat-GTP developers so they can move us up the list just a bit. :evilgrin:
By hernanca
Ed Scherer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:35 pm Let's see what the new tech has to say:

[...]
ChatGPT does not need to compete with excellence to do well, it only needs to compete successfully against a large portion of our human, if mundane, endeavors, which it appears to do successfully to a scary degree! Wish I had stayed in AI to know more!
By linderpat
there is some other new site started where Dr Bob and some of the other RL outcasts went. I forget waht it's called. I looked at it and it makes Pelican look good.
By worf
JBT3 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:50 am JT with a GT checking in. Tried to join months ago and had technical difficulties. I see a lot of familiar names!
Welcome abord!
By fpena944
deutschmick wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:46 pm Unvaccinated, so I hope that I can make a first post here. Not sure why I can't put up an avatar but that's OK.
Welcome!

We accept all types here whether diseased or not! :biggrin:

Can you let me know what type of trouble you are having adding your avatar?
By worf
deutschmick wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:52 pm I'm still unable to add an avatar and unable to do a paid subscription as it goes to "This page doesn't seem to exist"

I promise to get vaxxed and boosted if I can get some help!

Thanks
@fpena944 Fernando, any idea what’s up here?
Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks Dave. I surely don't want to mess with th[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]