By fpena944
Just like they redefined transportation when they launched the minivan, if they would have done it right they could have revolutionized what the minivan is today.

I'm sure there are many who don't want an SUV but feel forced because that is the only "cool" choice for family transportation.
By NSXguy
I don't care about my DD being cool, I'm on my 3rd consecutive minivan as proof :thumbup:

Having said that, our 1st minivan was a 1989 Chrysler with a 2.5 Turbo and a 5-speed manual.

Much like this one, but in silver;

Talk about a "sleeper" :rockon:
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:37 pm I'm sure there are many who don't want an SUV but feel forced because that is the only "cool" choice for family transportation.
That is funny because when Kid one was 1 and Kid 2 was on the way (1991) my wife did not want a minivan, so we got an SUV (slightly ahead of the craze).
At the time, the only thing that fit the bill ( Big enough for 2 car seats and a person between, and smaller than Full-sized pick-up based) was the Explorer (Rode like crap, even with the "Eddie Bauer" package), the Land Curser (J60 was hard to find, and not a great ride, and J80 was brand new and premium priced), and the Range Rover.

We ended up with an 89 Range Rover.

30 years and 6 SUVs later, still no minivans.
By tooloud10
SRT vehicles stopped being interesting to me when I realized that they didn't really seem to be competing with high performance cars, but rather just dropping the same big ass engine in every vehicle that FCA made. That's good for a party trick, but I think most buyers are looking for more 'well-rounded' vehicles.

It's not really a knock on them, it's just not what I'm looking for.
amdavid liked this
By N_Jay
tooloud10 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:05 pm SRT vehicles stopped being interesting to me when I realized that they didn't really seem to be competing with high performance cars, but rather just dropping the same big ass engine in every vehicle that FCA made. That's good for a party trick, but I think most buyers are looking for more 'well-rounded' vehicles.

It's not really a knock on them, it's just not what I'm looking for.
Well, they could do one one, by putting the SRT in a Fiat Spider? (Think Sunbeam Tiger or AC Cobra!)
By Bill d Cat
NSXguy, worf, Flat6Noise liked this
By fpena944
Bill d Cat wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:40 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8
Awesome video and so true. The other day I saw a beautiful Ferrari 328 drive by. Interesting to note that most family sedans could beat it in most performance categories.
By Scott at Team Harco
NSXguy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 pm Thanks for the autocross video, that was great!
Maybe Honda makes Mugen kit for your minivan.
By NSXguy
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 am Maybe Honda makes Mugen kit for your minivan.
There have been a few 'specials' built up for One Lap of America :thumbup:

By Streck-Fu
Maybe they are trying to distribute their abilities to more platforms.
All of the core elements of the SRT performance engineering team have been integrated into our company’s global engineering organization”, a spokeswoman for Stellantis told us. “This action will have the two-way benefit of ensuring that our brands’ SRT and performance-focused product offerings continue to meet the highest quality standards and expectations while delivering key learnings from motorsports and other high-performance-technology applications across a wider mix of our company’s product lines”.

“These products have delighted enthusiasts for nearly two decades, and Stellantis will continue to sell and develop the next generation of Dodge//SRT-branded vehicles, as well as Jeep® and Ram vehicles that utilize high-performance SRT technology”, the spokeswoman added.

So it seems that while the SRT team has been disbanded, SRT engineers will now be mixed with performance engineers from the PSA side of Stellantis and both teams will be able to work on high-performance projects across all brands in the Stellantis portfolio.
By maddog2020
they only reason I buy SUV's is for the room and the all time 4 wheel drive. I had a few MB sedans with the 4matic over the years but I prefer the height of the SUV and the ability to put anything I want within reason in the cargo area.
By CBEJBL
Have wanted a Hellcat for several years. Came close to buying a few times. There's a great looking F8 green Challenger in Houston. Will probably just watch it until it sells. :byewave:
By N_Jay
maddog2020 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:17 pm they only reason I buy SUV's is for the room and the all time 4 wheel drive. I had a few MB sedans with the 4matic over the years but I prefer the height of the SUV and the ability to put anything I want within reason in the cargo area.
That explains my GL. And the diesel for towing.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]