Watercooled 911s
By fpena944
Took my car on a 300 mile round trip yesterday which was most miles I've racked up in quite some time.

Noticed when opening the passenger side door that it wasn't dropping to clear the top frame. Now about 10 years ago I had to replace this regulator so I know how to fix it, but what I don't understand is why this side?

My driver's side window regulator has never been changed yet here I am needing to fix the passenger side again. What could possibly cause this? Is the passenger side just more prone to failing?

And yes I realize I really can't complain that I have to do this once every 10 years. :biggrin:
By Cuda911
Have you tried the reset procedure? I think hold down for 10 seconds, then up for 10, or similar. Anyway, those regulators crap out a LOT!
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:33 pm Have you tried the reset procedure? I think hold down for 10 seconds, then up for 10, or similar. Anyway, those regulators crap out a LOT!
I forgot about the reset procedure, will give it a shot later on today. If not then I guess I'll be taking the door apart soon.

Thanks!
By Alansglide
Had to replace the regulator on the drivers side in my 996 . The original lasted 14 years. :)
By fpena944
It's the regulator. I was trying to reset it and got a bunch a crunching and grinding when pushing the window down. Was lucky it made it back up again so will order a new one and see if I remember how to do it again from so many years ago.
By XR4Tim
I've done quite a few 996 window regulators. They fail often, but seeing as they operate every time the door is opened or closed, it's not too bad.
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]