By fpena944
Went to a "Hot Wheels" car shown with my kid yesterday and we saw this one:

By NSXguy
Something has changed, as I can't see any images in this thread...even the ones I've posted (???)
By NSXguy
I updated my Firefox so maybe that's what was needed, as I can now see pictures again :rockon:

Success, it seems I've fixed the fuel feed issue on the Acty microvan....so we took it to a car show today.

Chester Cheetah greeted many onlookers :thumbup:
By NSXguy
SOMEBODY STOP ME :lol2:

We added yet another mid-engined Honda to the fun fleet, this time in the form of an old school '84 ATC 125M.
YES, one of the infamous 3-wheelers that were banned to sell by Consent Decree after 1987.
This one is set up for off-road, so cruising our (private paved road) sub is a challenge at anything beyond puttering speed....but it's still been pretty fun so far.

i am not a traitor liked this
By Gregs04.5
Those 3 wheelers were a BLAST to drive, but can be very unforgiving, pretty easy to get one upside down at speed.
That being said, just for the cool/nostalgia factor, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I saw one for sale.

Be safe, Greg
NSXguy liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
Can you find a Reliant Robin body kit for that thing? Might improve its stability...
NSXguy liked this
By Gregs04.5
They can be lightly modified as well.
lupo.sk, amdavid liked this
By NSXguy
OK, more on-topic we took the microvan to the race track today and let some friends putter around during lunchtime lapping.

Fun.Was.Had. :rockon:
amdavid, XR4Tim liked this
By NSXguy
Well we finally answered the question MANY have asked us, how fast does that little microvan go?
We took it on the freeway (something we generally avoid) going Eastbound (so at least not against the wind) and logged a GPS honest 73mph.
The HH4 Actys (4WD Van) have been reported to only max out at under 70mph, so we've achieved a better number.
The HH3 vans (2WD) have a bit less weight but top speed is all about HP, so it's not surprising that we were able to (eventually) equal that mark.
XR4Tim liked this
By i am not a traitor
NSXguy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:20 pm Well we finally answered the question MANY have asked us, how fast does that little microvan go?
We took it on the freeway (something we generally avoid) going Eastbound (so at least not against the wind) and logged a GPS honest 73mph.
The HH4 Actys (4WD Van) have been reported to only max out at under 70mph, so we've achieved a better number.
The HH3 vans (2WD) have a bit less weight but top speed is all about HP, so it's not surprising that we were able to (eventually) equal that mark.
Try dropping a deuce and doing another run. Maybe you'll hit 75! :poop:
By NSXguy
i am not a traitor wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:29 am
NSXguy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:20 pm Well we finally answered the question MANY have asked us, how fast does that little microvan go?
Try dropping a deuce and doing another run. Maybe you'll hit 75! :poop:
I think if I tried another high-speed run, a dropped deuce would be a given :surrender:
Cruising at 45-60 or so is the sweet spot with these little machines, it hums along quite happily at 50 turning 4500 rpm's...
By NSXguy
I attended a large Cars & Coffee event at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, MI yesterday, that featured Asian/JDM vehicles.
To my surprise, our Acty microvan was one of only a half-dozen Kei-class cars there....but unsurprisingly it got a lot of positive attention!
amdavid, dmo liked this
By Majestic Moose
My mom and aunt have just bought a pair of Honda Street vans (1992 and 1993 I believe). They will be daily drivers believe it or not and I will be going through them top to bottom to make sure they are in good driving condition. I have found some good online resources for maintenance but do you have a good source for parts?
NSXguy liked this
By NSXguy
Majestic Moose wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:48 pm My mom and aunt have just bought a pair of Honda Street vans (1992 and 1993 I believe). They will be daily drivers believe it or not and I will be going through them top to bottom to make sure they are in good driving condition. I have found some good online resources for maintenance but do you have a good source for parts?
Wow, how cool.......got pictures?
Ours is honestly just a toy, but it does work well enough to be used as a DD if you can reconcile the idea that it's a sub-2000lb vehicle that puts the driver in the crumple zone.

I've found van (HH3/HH4) parts through multiple sources;
https://honda-acty.com/hh3-hh4-acty-van/
https://rightdriveparts.com/honda/acty-parts/
https://www.minitruckgarage.com/honda-a ... 4-hh5.html

I look forward to your future inputs into this thread, the more the merrier :thumbup:
By Majestic Moose
Awesome that is exactly what I was looking for!
I just have one photo but I’ll get more when I see them.
I have a Geo Metro so these are right up my alley, so much fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NSXguy, XR4Tim liked this
By NSXguy
If you notice excess vibration (especially at idle), your 30 year old motor mounts might be in need of attention.
There are 3 motor mounts, but fortunately the easiest one to R&R is the one most likely to fail.
IF the LR motor mount looks like this new ones can be ordered, or you could try to repair the existing one with polyurethane like I did.
Seal up one side very well (this stuff is thin and on my 1st attempt much of it ran out) and pour the urethane in.
I let it set up for a couple days before re-installation, and it's been working great ever since.
Bonus, it even firmed up the shifting a bit too :cool:
Majestic Moose liked this
By John j smuts
Choosing a Honda Acty is a great decision! It's a reliable kei truck and holds its own among other options in the market. You can find out if the honda acty is the best option for you in this post https://lorryhub.lk/the-best-japanese-m ... k-in-2023/ and the specs of Honda acty like top speed and mpg here
https://lorryhub.lk/honda-acty-top-speed-and-mpg/
By Scott at Team Harco
NSXguy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:47 pm After a looooong session in the garage, I have a couple updates.

The straight-through exhaust was a bit too loud to live with, and since Supertrapp apparently doesn't sell the 5" SS end cap with the hole already drilled.....I decided to make one from a solid end cap.
Scott at Team Harco suggested I start with 3 holes with the possibility of adding more if it's too muffled, but after a spin around our sub we decided it was good just like that.
I prepped and painted the end cap high heat black, which came out great.

When we were behind you, on the way home, Wednesday, you 'accelerated' away from an intersection. Someone (not me), remarked that it sounds like a wet fart... :roflmao:
lupo.sk liked this
By Majestic Moose
I did a full service on my mom’s van and even took it camping! A twin air mattress fits perfectly.
I’ve returned it to her and now have my aunt’s to do the same to it.
I’ve seen those blue strut rod bushings on willpoweredperformance.com. Did that help with steering shake above 80kph? I saw they have shifter bushings and will get those too.
My mom is so smitten with hers she is getting it painted but we are wondering where to get replacement stripe decals.
By NSXguy
I've been looking forward to your updates Alex, so thanks for posting!

I did the blue strut rod bushings and the steering bushing* at the same time (*thanks to Scott at Team Harco for the use of his press), so can only say that between the 2 it totally cured the steering shake that started around 50mph and got worse with speed.

Put this in your cart at WillPowered as well, and you should be golden;
https://www.willpoweredperformance.com/ ... g-bushing/

When my wife was in AZ visiting relatives, I actually camped in the Acty at the race track....which worked very well for ONE adult :thumbup:

By Majestic Moose
Ah good to hear I will get that too! The steering wheel does also clunk while going over rough terrain at low speeds like a gravel parking lot so that might help. Did you get a steering alignment after?
By NSXguy
Majestic Moose wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:51 am Ah good to hear I will get that too! The steering wheel does also clunk while going over rough terrain at low speeds like a gravel parking lot so that might help. Did you get a steering alignment after?
It will need an alignment afterwards for sure, but so far I just did one in the garage with a tape measure...
By Majestic Moose
I did find that site but I got two full sets of decals from here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1101986904 ... rs=1&sts=1
The only one missing was the 660cc for the back window but I found it on ebay.

I did the timing belt on my aunt's van and her engine mount is pretty cracked so I will get that two part urethane like you did.
My mom is picking up her's from the paint shop tomorrow! She changed it to a brighter red.
By NSXguy
Majestic Moose wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:32 pm I did find that site but I got two full sets of decals from here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1101986904 ... rs=1&sts=1
The only one missing was the 660cc for the back window but I found it on ebay.

I did the timing belt on my aunt's van and her engine mount is pretty cracked so I will get that two part urethane like you did.
My mom is picking up her's from the paint shop tomorrow! She changed it to a brighter red.
Sounds like some good progress so far, please share some pictures here as well.
I got my decals from Etsy too, which came out great.
By fpena944
maddog2020 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:54 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/a- ... 961d&ei=37
Honestly I don't see the big deal here. I doubt anyone has high expectations that these vehicles are going to fare well in a collision with an American-sized SUV.

Yeah they're safer than motorcycles, but I would treat driving in one of these like I would a bike - always drive defensively!
By NSXguy
There are places in the USA that sell brand new ones, which are not street legal here (for farming etc.) like this dealer in Ohio;
https://minitrucksohio.com/

I don't consider ANY cab-over design to be safe by today's standards, so that's a given to me.
My old '68 VW Doublecab pickup probably would hold up somewhat better due to it's extra size and weight, but I shudder to think what crashing that would have looked like.
By jcnesq
Just stumbled across this thread. Hadn't really known much about Kei cars (other than seeing zillions of them in Japan over many, many trips), but saw this recently and immediately thought "I want one!"
NSXguy liked this
By NSXguy
Jim, having imported and driven ours for a while now I can confirm the old adage...It's more fun to drive a SLOW car FAST :thumbup:

Alex, the bright red repaint on your mom's deluxe (dual sunroofs, etc) Acty microvan looks fantastic.

How is the progress on your Aunt's microvan?

Please post updates and especially PICTURES here for us all to enjoy :beerchug:
jcnesq liked this
By Majestic Moose
I really haven't had a chance to do any more but I have received all parts needed. Now my aunt wants to have her van repainted too! By the way, my mom took it to Maaco, they were very enthusiastic about it and did a great job.
By NSXguy
Does anyone (Alex?) have a source for a Fuel Pump Relay for the Acty?

I ordered one through Hondapartsnow.com but they canceled it due to the part being no longer available...
By Scott at Team Harco
NSXguy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:06 am Does anyone (Alex?) have a source for a Fuel Pump Relay for the Acty?

I ordered one through Hondapartsnow.com but they canceled it due to the part being no longer available...
P/N?
By Majestic Moose
You might try contacting some of the Acty part suppliers or check eBay. I did find another site with a good selection. I haven’t ordered anything yet but they have the exhaust temp sensor that I need for one of the vans. The wiring is very frayed. I could not find the relay though.

https://fast-east.com/

I have done some more work but no photos. I’ll make a post when I get a chance. Spring is coming!
By NSXguy
Part No.: 16760-692-003
Relay Assy., Fuel Cut-Off (IWM-77001-4) (SHINDENGEN)

BTW, that exhaust temp sensor only lights a dash light so has no other function as far as I can tell.
By Scott at Team Harco
NSXguy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:38 pm Part No.: 16760-692-003
Relay Assy., Fuel Cut-Off (IWM-77001-4) (SHINDENGEN)

BTW, that exhaust temp sensor only lights a dash light so has no other function as far as I can tell.
Last One

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/relay-fu ... 760692003/
By NSXguy
If I can find the spec's, maybe I can test my current relay and if it's out of spec.....try to repair it?
By Scott at Team Harco
NSXguy liked this
Bring A Trailer finds

no it doesn't Right, so the Shelby Do[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]