Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By AKSteve
Before I decided to hang on to my 991 turbo cabriolet for another year, I mentioned the idea of trading it in to my sales dude at the local Porsche dealership. He said they would have to lowball me on a trade-in offer because CARFAX is showing that my car had a collision. I bumped into someone's rear bumper at about 2mph the very first day I picked the car up. I didn't even know there was any internal damage for almost 4 years and only found out when I got the bumper repainted to fix some rock chips.

There ended up being about $5k in internal damage, but it definitely wasn't any sort of major collusion that should effect the value of my vehicle. I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever dealt with CARFAX about a situation like this and been successful in getting them to remove a "collision" from their car's record. I know I should just contact them myself, but I thought I'd mention it here first to see if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation.
By fpena944
AKSteve wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:03 am Before I decided to hang on to my 991 turbo cabriolet for another year, I mentioned the idea of trading it in to my sales dude at the local Porsche dealership. He said they would have to lowball me on a trade-in offer because CARFAX is showing that my car had a collision. I bumped into someone's rear bumper at about 2mph the very first day I picked the car up. I didn't even know there was any internal damage for almost 4 years and only found out when I got the bumper repainted to fix some rock chips.

There ended up being about $5k in internal damage, but it definitely wasn't any sort of major collusion that should effect the value of my vehicle. I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever dealt with CARFAX about a situation like this and been successful in getting them to remove a "collision" from their car's record. I know I should just contact them myself, but I thought I'd mention it here first to see if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation.

Hopefully it's not as bad as trying to remove an incorrect credit entry on a credit report.

I wonder what their dollar threshold or percentage of value figure is for what would be considered a collision?
By amdavid
Guessing NFW can you change what's been "documented" on a title....but that's just a guess.
By Cuda911
There was a similar thread on the other site. Seems like it's nearly impossible to get it revised.
By linderpat
Correcting an error is one thing, and Carfax should have a process in place for that. However, removing something that is not an error would never happen. You had a "collision". Even though it wasn't much of a collision and you didn't even know there was damage until a long time later, it turns out there was and you said about $5K was spent to fix it. So what you are really talking about is having Carfax show the degree of damage - minor damage (although I might quibble that a $5K repair bill is "minor"). There is no way they'd remove your entry, nor should they in my view. But they can show it as minor; reach out to them and see what they say.

It used to be that British car folks all eventuall[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Monthly Breakfast[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Hi Fred, I'm changing the two rear brake lines fo[…]

Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

My age and mobility has led me to decide to sell m[…]