Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By amdavid
I like them....

Here's a Ruf based 964 modern resto-mod. Not huge on the color, but what a nice 911 for driving all the time. I've owned both a 964 and a 9934s, really, really hard for me to pick my favorite. I think I liked looking at the 993 more, but enjoyed driving the 964 more.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/113 ... n-restomod
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm I like them....

Here's a Ruf based 964 modern resto-mod. Not huge on the color, but what a nice 911 for driving all the time. I've owned both a 964 and a 9934s, really, really hard for me to pick my favorite. I think I liked looking at the 993 more, but enjoyed driving the 964 more.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/113 ... n-restomod
Love it!

Although like you, I would probably select a Lapis Blue instead of this purple.

In terms of which I enjoy the most - I'll also agree with your assessment. In fact no other car has brought such a huge smile to my face when behind the wheel than a 964. Granted I've only ridden in a G50 911 and never driven one but the 964 is tops for intoxicating driving experience.
Chaos liked this
By linderpat
I enjoy a quality resto mod, and Ruf is top of the food chain in he Porsche world for sure. I do not mind the purple, but I don't care for the rear spoiler. Too aggressive and boy racer for my taste.
By Sazerac
Looks certainly interesting. The only thing I don't like about the model shown is the dashboard and metallic paint. I really like the vintage metal gauges without any LCDs on them in the 80's 911s, and I don't like metallic paint on sports cars either. Otherwise, looks like a good ride as long as I had USD 425'000... :silenced:
But, probably at that price point, you could get any dashboard you want though, so that's kind of a non-issue.
By TheDeckMan
Personally like the RUF stuff over Singer.

It used to be that British car folks all eventuall[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Monthly Breakfast[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Hi Fred, I'm changing the two rear brake lines fo[…]

Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

My age and mobility has led me to decide to sell m[…]