Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By worf
SeanR wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 am I very much doubt Fernando would care. I sure do not.
Yup.
By linderpat
I think Sean's right on this. I would certainly feel comfortable providing the link, but if I were you I probably wouldn't try to recreate it all over here. Rennlist 928 tech will no doubt remain as the primary go to source for a long time to come still, as it should IMHO. The other stuff over there can whither and die for all I care.

The real problem is that almost nothing ever lasts forever. In that regard, Droo, you should really be publishing a hard cover book on #1, with everything you have loaded onto the renny threads in the book. Forums come and go, but books stay forever (well, mostly, some cancel culture stuff is encroaching there too, but that's a discussion for the dive bar). And remember - you OWN your content. There is a gross misconception in the threads on rennlist right now that they own all of our content. They don't, they just have a very broad perpetual license to it. They cannot stop you from doing what you want with your content.

Anyway, I would buy an oversize coffee table book on #1 in a heart beat! Or just a regular size one for that matter, with all the pretty picture stuff and the tech stuff. Or a book of all of the press cars known as of now, so that the info on them doesn't ever get lost. If you want, I can help you with the process, editing, composition, material gathering, etc.

Back to your initial question, management here is, at least for now, Fernando. The rules are all up to us. Link away on any tech subject you want, and folks will either click over and read it or generate new. The Reutterwerks forums never really took off, in spite of initial enthusiasm.
By worf
linderpat wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 pm The Reutterwerks forums never really took off, in spite of initial enthusiasm.
There was nothing obviously *wrong* with Rennlist at the time RW sprang to life.
By Crumpler
Wondering if any of the RL ex-pats That were living In exile on the Pelican forum made it over here?

I started over there many years ago before I was on the list. I got the impression, rightly or wrongly, that there was a core group like MPdano, Danglerb, etc. That had there own falling outs early in the IB saga?

Then, I have one name. A name that lives in our hearts and minds forever....
Not a Pelican man.
Not a mere man at all.
An American Gladiator.
Do you spell Kibort with one b or two? :o
By SeanR
Pelican has always been the place of misfits, I think I check that forum out once every 6 months and each time I go over there it seems the same.
Crumpler wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:08 am Wondering if any of the RL ex-pats That were living In exile on the Pelican forum made it over here?

I started over there many years ago before I was on the list. I got the impression, rightly or wrongly, that there was a core group like MPdano, Danglerb, etc. That had there own falling outs early in the IB saga?

Then, I have one name. A name that lives in our hearts and minds forever....
Not a Pelican man.
Not a mere man at all.
An American Gladiator.
Do you spell Kibort with one b or two? :o
By worf
SeanR wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:13 am Pelican has always been the place of misfits, I think I check that forum out once every 6 months and each time I go over there it seems the same.
Every time I’ve gone to Pelican (~ < 12 total) I’ve gotten some sort of security warning from my ‘puter. Haven’t been there in years. Although I could venture there now without undue concern.
By AirtekHVAC
Pelican was a good forum. I started there as well, and was cross posting my threads, but got tired of doing both sites for (3) cars...I still pop in every couple of months, but the regulars over there faded away as well...
By linderpat
Yes, many banned from renny ended up on the "bird". And it shows. I do drop in occassionally though, because I am addicted to 928's in all their forms and places. Yes, I said it out loud! I ....am....addicted.... to 928's :shock:
By Polecat702
I didn't renew my membership at RL, so can only get on the tech forums. I don't care ether. LTC Montana, gave me the word that this is our new home, and I made it over here. Couldn't login, for a few days after the RL safe place, went away but Fernando, fixed it for me.
Glad to be here with old friends!
SeanR, linderpat, Gretch liked this
By worf
Welcome!
Polecat702 liked this
By SeanR
Polecat702 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:29 pm I didn't renew my membership at RL, so can only get on the tech forums. I don't care ether. LTC Montana, gave me the word that this is our new home, and I made it over here. Couldn't login, for a few days after the RL safe place, went away but Fernando, fixed it for me.
Glad to be here with old friends!
Glad to see ya buddy. Hope things are going well for you and the gal.
Polecat702 liked this
By Crumpler
Just got my renewal notice from RL.
Respectfully decline.

I guess I need to make sure there is no automatic renewal. Erik, if you are still watching, can you check into that? :)
By fpena944
I've got no issues linking to RL or anywhere else since we don't have a solid foundation yet of technical content.

Only thing I don't want here is spamming. But even if you want to provide a list with links of 928 resources or anything else to help owners or perspective owners, go for it!

Also if anyone has suggestions, please share them with me - I have no ego or pride to keep us from changing things up here based on what works best for users. Enjoy all!
By maddog2020
Crumpler wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 am Just got my renewal notice from RL.
Respectfully decline.

I guess I need to make sure there is no automatic renewal. Erik, if you are still watching, can you check into that? :)
renewals are not automatic. mine expires in April. I would recommend that if you have any info you would like to keep, to export all of your PM's to a spreadsheet. when your account is downgraded your number of PM's that you can send and store drop drastically and you can't do anything until you delete a bunch. mine expires in April. No worries. there is a sucker for every scam. RL is now the new scam.
By Scott at Team Harco
maddog2020 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:33 am
Respectfully decline.

renewals are not automatic. mine expires in April. I would recommend that if you have any info you would like to keep, to export all of your PM's to a spreadsheet. when your account is downgraded your number of PM's that you can send and store drop drastically and you can't do anything until you delete a bunch. mine expires in April. No worries. there is a sucker for every scam. RL is now the new scam.
Mine expires in June. I am aware that PMs go away, and would like to archive them somehow. You suggest exporting them to a spreadsheet. Got any step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

Yes - they can kiss my ass.
By Crumpler
For the record, I don’t really need Hacker to supervise my exit strategy from RL. I was being a smart ass, knowing that he passes through over here, apparently to see what the cool kids are up to.
By maddog2020
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 am
Respectfully decline.

Mine expires in June. I am aware that PMs go away, and would like to archive them somehow. You suggest exporting them to a spreadsheet. Got any step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

Select all messages and at the bottom right is a drop down. Choose download as CSV. choose a folder where you want to save them and done.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:36 am
Respectfully decline.

I am not and have never been a member on RL - I have PM capability. I've had a RL account since 2004. I've also figured out how non-members can post pictures. I don't post there anymore, but will PM folks if I can quickly help them out.
By WyattsRide
I didn't renew my membership at RL either. I just posted some pics on a thread over there with no problem. Just click the Insert Image button (sim to the one here) and select the picture from your computer.
By Stepson
worf wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:38 pm

I have removed the URL for my 928 inspection guide from my signature on Rennlist. I would like this place to be it's new home.

Presently there's no way to make it available here in the same manner: PDFs can't be uploaded.

I will ping Fernando about that presently.
Worf, I see that you got with Fernando and got that figured out. We appreciate that. :)
worf liked this
By worf
Are we getting refugees from IB vendor wars?
By SeanR
worf wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:20 pm Are we getting refugees from IB vendor wars?
I posted a link on my FB page as people were talking about the unrest on RL. Comes up about once a month. Hell, I have more activity on the FB page than rennlist does and I've cut down on FB because I hate it.
By Wisconsin Joe
Well, then I should probably say "hello".

I saw Sean's FB post about this place and finally found out where all you wingnuts, weirdos & miscreants escaped to.

I've read through a bunch of the 928 stuff on here.
I agree with whoever/wherever said something to the effect of R/L is always going to be the premiere tech site, but the bickering & drama have gotten tiresome.

Of course, the first thing I notice is that one of the more prolific posters has 'edited' ALL of his posts to be empty.
So it looks like the drama isn't going to be completely absent here.
Oh well.
I'll try to ignore it, focusing on the cars & the technical details.

FWIW, I can probably measure the 'approach angle' of an early car with a chin spoiler, set to a bit under spec front height. It'll take a day or two, but I'll post it when I can.
SeanR liked this
By linderpat
Welcome Joe, and there is no world where 928 lovers exist without some form of drama or another :rockon: That's part of the enjoyment :evilgrin:
By Daniel5691
Oh great, Joe's here.
Well, there goes the neighborhood.

ha ha just kidding Joe and welcome welcome welcome
Dan
By Crumpler
Daniel5691 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:40 pm Oh great, Joe's here.
Well, there goes the neighborhood.

ha ha just kidding Joe and welcome welcome welcome
Dan
Dan, nothing to do with Joe, but I was thinking recently ( it was when you were brown nosing Roger last week) it might be satisfying for me to list you as a “Foe”?

What would the advantages be in doing so?
Is there a “Nemesis” category? Foe, is kind of a nuclear option.
Thoughts?

Best, Dave.
By Daniel5691
Dave,
I would consider it a magnificent honor to have you as a nemesis, perhaps even The Nemesis if you will.
However, if we are "foes", I wonder if that means I can't read your posts any longer ? Kinda like "ignore" function ???
By Crumpler

True, I would miss your gentle-minded musings.
It's much like watching the panda-cam video feed from the National Zoo, the way they sit there and chew on bamboo that the keeper provides for them twice daily.
You're not terribly productive, but you aren't really hurting anyone either. Right?
By Daniel5691
Crumpler wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:46 pm Image

True, I would miss your gentle-minded musings.
It's much like watching the panda-cam video feed from the National Zoo, the way they sit there and chew on bamboo that the keeper provides for them twice daily.
You're not terribly productive, but you aren't really hurting anyone either. Right?
You've OVBIOULSY never hunted zoo panda. They can be hard to squeeze into a garbage bag.
By worf
Did yaw’ll see that the new 992 GT3 Cup Car has copied the 928’s front suspension?

And everybody’s gushing over it. How advanced and revolutionary it is :roflmao:

https://openroad.site/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 315#p66315
hlee96 liked this
By Crumpler
As an aside to today’s events. I feel as though Dan implied that I require adult diapers.
This is not true.
My bowel movements are controlled, regular, and formed.
By Daniel5691
Dave, Dave, Dave...

we can hear the plastic squinching sound coming from your pants when you walk around here in the forum.
By Crumpler
Umm. Hmmm.

Always the cheap laugh.
Predictably, those are the assistment undergarments that you see in your Walmart while shopping in Kentucky.
Next to the snack cakes that you get.
There are better options to maintain independent lifestyles. If needed.
By JBRob007
Sean,

We had a similar experience. A work friend of mine brings in his 87 S4 to repair the odometer.... that's it. The car is all original... I mean ALL original with one headlight wrapped in cellophane (no lens) and he had no idea if the TB had ever been done. It was running so bad we could barely get it in the garage and couldn't diagnose anything :poop: We put together a "gotta do" work list (fuel lines, CPS, tune up, TB/WP/PKT) and a "recommended" work list (everything else we could see) with parts (at cost) from Roger and you (thank you). He said DO IT! After finishing all that, he added tail lights repair, head light lens repair, replace MMs, steering rack bushings and 1/2 shafts rebuilds... Frankly, I've forgotten ALL we worked on because we fixed shit as we found it... and shit was everywhere... and of course we CLEAN every part we touch. We stopped short of a top end refresh (it's not sucking air) and I didn't want him to be EVEN MORE upside down. He could care less and he's sooooo happy he's bringing in his wife's 944 for an odometer repair ... Here we go again. :beerchug:

SeanR wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:07 am So, a car shows up from Colorado this weekend that had been at a Porsche shop in the Denver area for the past year. No start condition and we'd been giving the owner and the shop a ton of advice on what to do. They couldn't get it to run and since I was actually back to working in 2020 told him to bring it and i'll jump on it immediately.

CE panel was a mess because that was apparently where they had focused their attention. Got it put back together with new relays, unplugged shit that should not have been plugged in and still no start. Has spark so I knew the CPS was doing it's thing and grabbed my rebuilt JDS LH and plugged that in. Car starts right up and runs great. This was one of the first things I told the shop to do, relays, check for spark, jumper the fuel pump, then LH. From looking at things It's obvious they knew better than I did and ignored me.

Told the owner this morning and he's so happy, happy enough he told me to find other things to do to it and report back.

Love happy customers.
Daniel5691, SeanR, hlee96 liked this
By Crumpler
Anyone following the latest moderator redacted GB adventure?
This week GB v. the European Union.

This guy needs a handler.
By The Fat Man
Yeah...I just noticed that.
"or we can just agree that no engine is any good unless it's a GB 360rwhp product and move on..."

:banghead:
By Crumpler
And in the states we dyno shop until we get a number we like.
By worf
Made me look.

Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]