8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By GT6ixer
Hey can someone tell me how to post a pic? I've tried multiple times into the picture thread with no luck. I don't want to be Dave's first mouse nest!
By SeanR
GT6ixer wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 pm Hey can someone tell me how to post a pic? I've tried multiple times into the picture thread with no luck. I don't want to be Dave's first mouse nest!
They are working on the copy/paste for images, easiest to just upload or click the pic icon above and copy image address.
By SeanR
Crumpler wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:11 pm Yes. I crawled out under the concertina wire when they weren't looking.
I was afraid to be left behind.
Welcome buddy. Glad to see ya.
By worf
GT6ixer wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 pm Hey can someone tell me how to post a pic? I've tried multiple times into the picture thread with no luck. I don't want to be Dave's first mouse nest!
Attachments tab is your friend until drag/drop is finished.
After 100% upload, Make sure to wait until you see ‘place inline’ button.
By worf
Oh, and, btw @Crumpler at @GT6ixer Welcome!
By linderpat
It seems to me that if people don't want rennlist to be the tech oracle, then a better solution would be the 928 Owner's Club site. At least it already has a tech library and some technical forums. I like the idea of having a 928 lounge here, but it is just too big of a mountain to think about all of the rennlist tech being recreated here. When I post a question on rennlist, it is seen all over the globe, and I have some weigh in within hours (and sometimes minutes). I just don't see that happening here.

The real beauty of this place is to get what I got in OT and P&C on the other site. Looking at what these subforums have become on rennlist is disgraceful. So this is a new home and permanent stop for me for some things, but not for everything.
SeanR liked this
By maddog2020
worf wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:20 am More this:

0D3C77EB-F862-4A1B-AAFC-8CBF87B950B3.jpeg
that is a purdy windshield washer fluid neck.
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm that is a purdy windshield washer fluid neck.
And it holds washer fluid reaaal goood.

Tell us a little more about that ITB setup. What COP tech? Engine managment?

User name is good too.
By worf
linderpat wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:14 pm It seems to me that if people don't want rennlist to be the tech oracle, then a better solution would be the 928 Owner's Club site.
Maybe.
At least it already has a tech library and some technical forums.
Last time I checked it didn't have any of the tech docs from the original OC site. Those are lost. Except for all the original source materials that are on my hard drive.

I'm a founding member of the OC, btw.
By maddog2020
worf wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:58 pm
maddog2020 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm that is a purdy windshield washer fluid neck.
And it holds washer fluid reaaal goood.

Tell us a little more about that ITB setup. What COP tech? Engine managment?

User name is good too.
Ott ITB setup VW Audi COP. Link Thunder ECU I was hoping to have it fired up by labor day but I'm too far behind to get everything wired up.
By GT6ixer
So what's the deal with the membership here? What is the "Inner Circle"and why would I want to be in it?
By worf
GT6ixer wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:48 pm So what's the deal with the membership here? What is the "Inner Circle"and why would I want to be in it?
The only reason is to be in the Dive Bar (aka P&C) forum.

As for membership and other SOPs, it’s all still being worked up. Fernandos busy stomping bugs ATM.

Once that’s done, I imagine there’ll be discussions on the future. Some of those and the story of Bloody Tuesday are in the Dive Bar.
By amdavid
Hey Sean, are you running the FB group in your sig? I just tried joining but since I specified my 928 was a 944, I'm still pending. :mrgreen:
By SeanR
amdavid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:07 pm Hey Sean, are you running the FB group in your sig? I just tried joining but since I specified my 928 was a 944, I'm still pending. :mrgreen:
You are in now. Thanks for joining up. I usually look at the join requests once a week and and have been pretty picky about who gets in. Thanks for the reminder to check those :)
By Sazerac
So, how can I actually use this forum? I would be interested to hear about the behavior of other 928 owners and the insurance policies they have. Can I just start a new thread in the transaxle section? Do we format the information towards all transaxle cars?
By worf
Sazerac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm So, how can I actually use this forum? I would be interested to hear about the behavior of other 928 owners and the insurance policies they have. Can I just start a new thread in the transaxle section? Do we format the information towards all transaxle cars?
You can start a thread.
By The Fat Man
Sooo...I have joined up with the rest of you delinquents. Am I on probation or such since I was not banned? Maybe some Animal House 'Double Secret Probation'?
By worf
The Fat Man wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:30 pm Sooo...I have joined up with the rest of you delinquents. Am I on probation or such since I was not banned? Maybe some Animal House 'Double Secret Probation'?
Familiar looking dude in that avatar’s driver seat. Not 100% sure though.

Their is a private forum, not indexed by google that is the equivalent of RL’s P&C. SOP on how to get in is still under development. If you didn’t GAF about P&C then it doesn’t matter. If you did, lemme know.
By worf
Sazerac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm Can I just start a new thread in the transaxle section? Do we format the information towards all transaxle cars?
Your call. The more 928-specific threads we have the quicker we’ll get our own subforum.
Last edited by worf on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SeanR
Glad ya made it buddy, you should have full access. Pass the word along to trustworthy peeps.
The Fat Man wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:30 pm Sooo...I have joined up with the rest of you delinquents. Am I on probation or such since I was not banned? Maybe some Animal House 'Double Secret Probation'?
By linderpat
Hey Seth - glad you found us. Welcome aboard matey! Don't pull a Sean and get banned on RL, :o since I still need the tech from there and you are a contributor!
By Charlie
Hi all. First post! Some may recognize me from 'other' fora.

I am in the OpenRoad orientation program now. I'm happy to see a few of my favorite 928 people over here.

Do I need 3 negative tests to post pics?
Last edited by Charlie on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SeanR
Charlie wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:08 am Hi all. First post! Some may recognize me as chart928s4 from 'other' fora.

I am in the OpenRoad orientation program now. I'm happy to see a few of my favorite 928 people over here.

Do I need 3 negative tests to post pics?
Welcome Charlie. Be patient as there are teething issues that are being worked on and pictures are one of them. Things will will start working better soon.
By Charlie
Thanks Sean. Just 'general banter', not a complaint. It's great to see people so dedicated and I know things take time. Appreciate all the effort.
Getliquid88 liked this
By SeanR
Charlie wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 am Thanks Sean. Just 'general banter', not a complaint. It's great to see people so dedicated and I know things take time. Appreciate all the effort.
I can't take any credit, this is all Fernando doing this. Once the shit hit the fan on Renn he jumped right in and started what you see here, which is a fantastic set up. Play around with the settings and set the forum up the way you like it and enjoy. More forum sections will be set up as things progress. Call this the beta version as alpha has passed.
By SeanR
Kingsman11 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:00 pm Checking in on the site and forum to say hello.
Welcome buddy. Glad to see ya. Get your brother in too.
Kingsman11 liked this
By bjenkins
I took the exit ramp off Rennlist and found myself here. :grin:

I am currently knee/elbow deep in an engine swap, either my engine shit the bed and made my supercharger try to clean it up, or vice-versa. Either way, replacing them both.

This:
20200601_143714.jpg
Has become this:
20200820_113540.jpg
I bought an 89 engine with decent mileage, swapping over my porkensioner and Guardian water pump, adding Siemens Deka IV injectors, sharktuning it all with computers from Hans.

On top of all that , USPS lost/stole my supercharger, pulley, and tensioner. So I now need to replace all of that.

Anyhoo, glad there is a safe place to go to discuss our cars.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeanR liked this
By Kingsman11
Sean; I'll let Bruce know about this change.

SeanR wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:22 pm
Kingsman11 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:00 pm Checking in on the site and forum to say hello.
Welcome buddy. Glad to see ya. Get your brother in too.
By Christine
Hey, this looks like a cool place to hang out. And, no, my name is not Christine. That is my 928's name, and as in the movie, it is known to be sometimes possessed....it seems happiest in Dave's shop.

Anywho, I like what's happening here. I'll be around.
SeanR liked this
By captainOCD
I got surrounded by mustangs

By captainOCD
So will there wind up being a separate 928 forum here?
By SeanR
captainOCD wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:54 pm So will there wind up being a separate 928 forum here?
I think you already found it, it's been here the entire time :)
By captainOCD
I just noticed that there is now. I had opened this thread a couple hours ago and it seemed like the whole water cooled front engine section was only 1 forum. I may just be crazy though.
By SeanR
captainOCD wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:58 pm I just noticed that there is now. I had opened this thread a couple hours ago and it seemed like the whole water cooled front engine section was only 1 forum. I may just be crazy though.
LOL, we got our own little corner about 10 minutes ago.
By Ghosteh
Not quite sure what the entire backstory was "over there", but I'm happy to be along for the ride here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Crumpler
Just noticed we got our own forum!!!
And we got Seth too :)

Feels right.
Best to all.
Dave H.
By linderpat
the place is starting to fill up with familiar faces! Awesome.
By Landseer
It will be a good place.

Would sure like to see the ability to post separate threads within 928.

I wonder if the search function is effective? If so, it might be worth inserting some tech...
By SeanR
You should be able to do that now.
Landseer wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 am It will be a good place.

Would sure like to see the ability to post separate threads within 928.

I wonder if the search function is effective? If so, it might be worth inserting some tech...
By ladybug83
Hello folks. Good to see some familiar faces here. The other site has a weird vibe to it lately, and I was sorry to hear about what happened with SeanR & Worf, but glad to be here. Happy Friday

L-Bug
By Erik N
Sazerac wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm I would be interested to hear about the behavior of other 928 owners
Be REAL careful what you wish for...
928'ers are a bunch of delinquents, generally.
My type of people.
By worf
Strange
Last edited by worf on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By worf
Christine wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm Hey, this looks like a cool place to hang out. And, no, my name is not Christine. That is my 928's name, and ...
Welcome aboard!
By SeanR
worf wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Christine wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm Hey, this looks like a cool place to hang out. And, no, my name is not Christine. That is my 928's name, and ...
Welcome aboard!
You can say that again. Welcome Ladybug. Glad to see ya.
By V-Fib
Well, since I still own the 79, I guess this forum may reignite my passion for the old bugger I had when we purchased it 18 years ago..........
By SeanR
V-Fib wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:28 pm Well, since I still own the 79, I guess this forum may reignite my passion for the old bugger I had when we purchased it 18 years ago..........
You need to remind me what interior bits you told me you needed and I can go through Rogers piles of stuff to see if he's got them. I think I still owe you those.
By V-Fib
Appreciate it Sean, but you don't "owe" me anything...

I'll get a list of some small parts I need............
By SCX2132
linderpat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:26 am I come here really for the OT/P&C from the former renny site. But the reality is, nothing will duplicate the breadth and depth of knowledge on the rennlist tech forums (at least for 928 and 997), and that will remain my daily fix and first go to for questions, answers, etc. It just doesn't make sense to try to recreate that here. Still, I'm glad we have these placeholder forums, if for nothing else, to see who all came over.
Apologies if this has been covered.

If a new (or existing) member has a tech inquiry that has been extensively documented on RL, what is the position of the management here about linking to said RL discussion?

I blew a lot of hot air type entertainment into RL in recent years regarding early car history, with some tech peppered in there. Fortunately a new inquiry here like "Hey who knows about press cars?" is not likely as forthcoming as the the timing belt, clutch, steering rack, instruments, electrical, etc etc et questions.

Would those inquiries be ignored, linked to the existing RL library, re-hashed through here, or ?

I think this is worth a discussion, it would say a lot where this might all be going.
By SeanR
I very much doubt Fernando would care. I sure do not. Rennlists tech forums for the 928 is the best in the world and cars like yours are well documented there. Don't see a reason that it needs to be duplicated here as it would take up too much time and effort. Linking and continuing the discussion is a good idea and leaving it up to the people here whether they want to click and give Renn the attention is up to them.
SCX2132 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:18 am
linderpat wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:26 am I come here really for the OT/P&C from the former renny site. But the reality is, nothing will duplicate the breadth and depth of knowledge on the rennlist tech forums (at least for 928 and 997), and that will remain my daily fix and first go to for questions, answers, etc. It just doesn't make sense to try to recreate that here. Still, I'm glad we have these placeholder forums, if for nothing else, to see who all came over.
Apologies if this has been covered.

If a new (or existing) member has a tech inquiry that has been extensively documented on RL, what is the position of the management here about linking to said RL discussion?

I blew a lot of hot air type entertainment into RL in recent years regarding early car history, with some tech peppered in there. Fortunately a new inquiry here like "Hey who knows about press cars?" is not likely as forthcoming as the the timing belt, clutch, steering rack, instruments, electrical, etc etc et questions.

Would those inquiries be ignored, linked to the existing RL library, re-hashed through here, or ?

I think this is worth a discussion, it would say a lot where this might all be going.
Ineos Grenadier

Anyone have any experience with the Ineos Grenad[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]