General discussions related to cars and driving
By SeaCay
https://carbuzz.com/news/new-porsche-fe ... g-displays

Strange.

Did Laguna piss off Porsche?

If they're pushing this event w/ C-19, what happened to RR VII?

Anyway, planning on going. New experience on the ground floor at a new venue for me.

Who else?

edit: edited title of thread to reflect actual event name.
Last edited by SeaCay on Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fpena944
SeaCay wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:47 pm https://carbuzz.com/news/new-porsche-fe ... g-displays

Strange.

Anyway, planning on going. New experience on the ground floor at a new venue for me.

Who else?
Like you said, the venue must have upset the wrong person because it does appear that events now are taking place throughout the country with very few restrictions.

Make sure to take lots of pics to share as I won't be able to attend myself.
SeaCay liked this
By Wade B
SeaCay wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:47 pm https://carbuzz.com/news/new-porsche-fe ... g-displays

Strange.

Who else?
Heck yeah, only a couple of hours away. Gonna have to go.
SeaCay liked this
By SeaCay
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/2021 ... 24843.html

No schedule yet.

Luftgekühlt is happening the same day (Friday) as the opening of the Sportscar Together Festival (dumb name): https://luftgekuhlt.com/luft-7

Luft is 12:00 to 5:00 (10:30 early entry tix avail), and is downtown in the Bottleworks District.
By jcnesq
Rennsport is not an every year thing and even if due this year I can see with COVID why it got postponed. As for Laguna Seca, the management of the track was taken over in the last year (or two?) by local politicians (used to be run by SCCA - Sports Car Club of America), so who knows if the new management pissed Porsche off. Or maybe just time to move it for general reasons.
By SeaCay
jcnesq wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:33 pm Rennsport is not an every year thing and even if due this year I can see with COVID why it got postponed. As for Laguna Seca, the management of the track was taken over in the last year (or two?) by local politicians (used to be run by SCCA - Sports Car Club of America), so who knows if the new management pissed Porsche off. Or maybe just time to move it for general reasons.
No, it averages every 3 years (I've been to 4 of the 6). It's due this year. My questioning is what happened to it, and where did this new event come from? It's essentially a Rennsport type gathering, with less emphasis on historic racing vehicles. It's got backing by Porsche, and PCA. So, has RRVII been postponed a year? Have they changed intervals? Perhaps they needed more time to do the logistics for a new venue? I dunno the answer to any of these, but it would be interesting to know.
By jcnesq
SeaCay wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:10 am
jcnesq wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:33 pm Rennsport is not an every year thing and even if due this year I can see with COVID why it got postponed. As for Laguna Seca, the management of the track was taken over in the last year (or two?) by local politicians (used to be run by SCCA - Sports Car Club of America), so who knows if the new management pissed Porsche off. Or maybe just time to move it for general reasons.
No, it averages every 3 years (I've been to 4 of the 6). It's due this year. My questioning is what happened to it, and where did this new event come from? It's essentially a Rennsport type gathering, with less emphasis on historic racing vehicles. It's got backing by Porsche, and PCA. So, has RRVII been postponed a year? Have they changed intervals? Perhaps they needed more time to do the logistics for a new venue? I dunno the answer to any of these, but it would be interesting to know.
Well, I was just speculating other than the management change at Laguna Seca. I went to IV, and planned to go to V and VI (even made hotel reservations 9-12 months in advance for the latter two, but circumstances prevented me from going). Laguna Seca for me is a fantastic venue, lots to do around the area and an easy and fun drive for me. Hopefully back in 2022.
By SeaCay
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the marketing events meetings this week. By my accounts this event was a disaster. It was very well put together (with exception for zero aftermarket vendor presence), but the numbers were, per my observations, pitiful. Sunday had fewer participants than Porsche employees. Racing was sparsely watched from very few vantage points. Few classes, none vintage as with RR. I know it's not meant to be RR, and I think I understand that's it's more for the new car purchaser, but those people aren't the soul of Porsche, and won't travel for something like this. At this point, I'd be quite surprised to see this again in the future, unless major changes are made.

Luftgekuhlt on Friday made the trip worthy, this thing that Porsche put together? Not so much...

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]