8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Geza-aka-Zombo
This is the process I used to refinish my intake for those interested in doing their own from home. No worries about ingesting grit!

By worf
Good job.

I am always interested in success stories for intake refinishing.

The proof of the pudding is one to two hundred heat cycles down the road.
checkmate1996 liked this
By Sazerac
Well, it certainly looks good on the outside! Why exactly did you worry about the inside?

I had some intake parts once done by a pretty competent person. However, with years, and in addition to some only very minor bubbling, the powder coating actually had flowed out from underneath the bolts and all the bolts were loose where they had been tightened over the powder coating. Rather surprising phenomenon. So, now, I am a little concerned about the materials properties of anything used to put on intakes and especially these kind of exotic intakes on our 928s.
By MFranke
Looks really great! I've used 2K urethane and also the newer ceramic enamel paint. While not "hi temp", it also does just fine on the intake and valve covers.

It is some labor to chip all the old paint off!
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Sazerac wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm Well, it certainly looks good on the outside! Why exactly did you worry about the inside?
That's a good question - it just seemed like the right thing to do, being that the OEM had a finish. By covering over all the inside surfaces (except the flappy valve area), I know the old finish will never peel or flake off. Perhaps it wasn't necessary, but it makes my display intake look cool!
MFranke wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:52 pm Looks really great! I've used 2K urethane and also the newer ceramic enamel paint. While not "hi temp", it also does just fine on the intake and valve covers.

It is some labor to chip all the old paint off!
I agree, High Temp is overkill.

My original was not difficult to scrape the old finish off as most of it would just flake off. The used one I got was already refinished (poorly) by someone - that one was a bitch to scrape.
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]