Four cylinder transaxle cars
By SeaCay
Big Reds, Big Black's, now there are Big Blues, fresh from PMB:
SeanR liked this
By NSXguy
Wow, very nice :thumbup:
SeaCay liked this
By SeaCay
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:30 am Looking good. Let's see them on the car, now.
Car is under (long term) construction.

I'm in the gathering/refurbing parts phase currently. Once I'm done there, the fun really begins.

The list of parts on this thing will be hella impressive when it's done... My only issue is time to work on it. :frown:
By Scott at Team Harco
How about some details? What's the end goal? What are you starting with?

My problem is kind of the opposite. I have plenty of time, but no strength.
By SeaCay
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 am How about some details? What's the end goal? What are you starting with?

My problem is kind of the opposite. I have plenty of time, but no strength.
'89 turbo S. Black on black. BBS 18" LM wheels, gold centers (black car with gold wheels SCREAMS 1980's). I have a 968 RS carbon fiber wing, looking to get matching diffuser and splitter. Upgraded brakes as seen. M030 "Cup" suspension with rebuilt double adjustable Koni's, helper springs in rear, upgraded sways with Lindsey sway mount up front, Elephant racing bits throughout. Billet "Charlie" A-arms. Upgraded turbo (Evergreen) , upgraded intercooler, BOV and wastegate by TiAl. New wiring harness from Kroon. Full Alcantera interior from Classic 9, sport seats. 930 steering wheel. A ton of Rennline stuff. 968 Cab rear seat delete. Fabspeed stainless exhaust... I'm sure there's more.
By amdavid
Those that comment on my S2, I tell them it came stock with a mullet....:laughing: .

Good stuff, looking forward to more visuals....the blue will look nice with the black and gold, good choice.
SeaCay liked this
By amdavid
SeaCay wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 pm Big Reds, Big Black's, now there are Big Blues, fresh from PMB:
How's progress..?
SeaCay liked this
By SeaCay
amdavid wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:06 pm
SeaCay wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 pm Big Reds, Big Black's, now there are Big Blues, fresh from PMB:
How's progress..?
Progress at this point is ordering parts, delivering parts, planning and so forth.

As mentioned in my road trip thread, the entire interior is at Classic 9 now, waiting it's turn to get the full Alcantara treatment. Among the many specific requests was the overriding goal of the project: "the best 944 interior in the USA". Now, I realize that's quite a low bar (generally), but I believe what I've spec'd will be truly amazing once done and installed.

This week I've ordered a ton of parts from Paragon, 944online, and Auto Atlanta. An even bigger order goes to Suncoast early next week after I go over final needs. I have an order in to DRS for a carbon diffuser, and splitter.

Once it cools off a bit (it was freakin 90F here today), I'll drop the engine/transaxle for cleaning, then the actual build will start. Once started, I should have everything on hand and I won't be in many holding patterns waiting on parts.

Once the build starts, I'll post a separate thread with tons of pics.

Thanks for the inquiry, it's always good to get a reminder to stay focused. :beerchug:
amdavid liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
SeaCay wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:07 pm
amdavid wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:06 pm
How's progress..?
Progress at this point is ordering parts, delivering parts, planning and so forth.

As mentioned in my road trip thread, the entire interior is at Classic 9 now, waiting it's turn to get the full Alcantara treatment. Among the many specific requests was the overriding goal of the project: "the best 944 interior in the USA". Now, I realize that's quite a low bar (generally), but I believe what I've spec'd will be truly amazing once done and installed.

This week I've ordered a ton of parts from Paragon, 944online, and Auto Atlanta. An even bigger order goes to Suncoast early next week after I go over final needs. I have an order in to DRS for a carbon diffuser, and splitter.

Once it cools off a bit (it was freakin 90F here today), I'll drop the engine/transaxle for cleaning, then the actual build will start. Once started, I should have everything on hand and I won't be in many holding patterns waiting on parts.

Once the build starts, I'll post a separate thread with tons of pics.

Thanks for the inquiry, it's always good to get a reminder to stay focused. :beerchug:
I couldn't recall the guy's name, or the name of his business - but I have seen his work. He was at at least one 944Fest many years ago (2006?). The Alcantara work is beautiful. You obviously know this.

He's kind of local to me - but none of my cars are (ever will be) worthy of such fine work. Hope it all goes well for you and exceeds expectations.

Good idea on a separate build thread. I think most of us enjoy those. :beerchug:
SeaCay liked this
By SeaCay
I just can't leave well enough alone.

Have a complete, double adjustable, Koni M030 "cup" suspension. Noooo, I had to go out and buy an Intrax 4 way adjustable system with ARC. Buying direct from the factory, I got them to delete the red parts and refinish in gold. So the suspension will color match the wheels and rest of the car.

It's only money.
By Scott at Team Harco
SeaCay wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:56 pm
It's only money.
SeaCay liked this
By amdavid
SeaCay wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:56 pm I just can't leave well enough alone.

Have a complete, double adjustable, Koni M030 "cup" suspension. Noooo, I had to go out and buy an Intrax 4 way adjustable system with ARC. Buying direct from the factory, I got them to delete the red parts and refinish in gold. So the suspension will color match the wheels and rest of the car.

It's only money.
Let me know when you want to part with the M030 cup setup. :evilgrin:

....AND..progress report.
By SeaCay
I'm ready now.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]