8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Don Smith
O.K., I have to be honest, I have a gripe about my car.... no cup holders. Simple solution, but I have looked for a while for something that doesn’t interfere with my entry and exit, into the car, or spilling coffee all over the radio.
So, I drilled a 2 and 3/4 inch hole in my cassette holder spot. Perfect! I don’t have any more tapes, so, I won’t miss the unused space.
The carpet was cut underneath the cup holder to allow the coffee cup to sit in deeper, and the insulation taken out, then painted black to blend in with the black plastic of the cassette holder.
Here are a few photos.
Cheers
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By linderpat
nice work :thumbup:
By Don Smith
I thought about your solution, but did not feel good about drilling holes through the metal. They are all good solutions. Why Porsche never thought of a coffee cup, is beyond me. These cars are all about driving long distances, and sometimes you need a coffee to keep going. First coat of paint done....
Adamant1971 liked this
By PorKen
Don Smith wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:37 pm O.K., I have to be honest, I have a gripe about my car.... no cup holders. Simple solution, but I have looked for a while for something that doesn’t interfere with my entry and exit, into the car, or spilling coffee all over the radio.
I like the simplicity and there's room for two.
Adamant1971 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 pm Nice work. This is what I did.
That is a spot I never thought of. I need to check if a folding "Ultimate Cup Holder" fits there.

Having a cup holder is soooo nice when you need it. I made one for a while - if only to say: "I-did-it" :redface:
PKup_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Don Smith
Good morning, Ken. I am sitting here, having my first cup of java, wondering how that clamps on,or glues on, or however that sits on your dash?
And now, I realize that I need a second hole, for my wife’s coffee.....third world problems, eh?
BTW, I have your tensioner, on my car, previously bought, by Luc(Oups59), and I am another truly satisfied client. Thanks for all that you do.
By PorKen
Don - it fits in the gap between the console and the dash and uses layers of self-vulcanizing rubber tape to adjust the fit. It is quite stable, surprisingly.

I only sold a handful of them. The fancy (German) cup holders are expensive. Also the name may have been off-putting: the "PKup" :biggrin:

On my newest S4 the column was replaced and adjusted tight against the dash so I need to adjust it to use my cupholder. There should be a gap to match the glovebox.
PKup_bracket_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By GTGeorge
A temporary solution......
coffee.jpg
Don Smith liked this
By Don Smith
Good morning Ken. That is a really nice set of cup holders. If I were to make a set, I would name it the “ D cup”, and probably get banned everywhere, because some people just don’t have a sense of humour......
Cheers :roflmao: :roflmao:
checkmate1996 liked this
By bizman928
We sell cup holders for your 928 door pocket which fit really nicely.

928 Cup Holder
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]