8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By chalkboss
Someone before me broke the plug that goes into the TB cover and connects to the pin. So I have a very (now) short wire in one hand and a bare useless barrel or pin connector in the other (don't know the proper name). Roger has nothing; I cant find anything local. Should I just order a barrel connector online? Any advice?

Thanks
By worf
chalkboss wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:42 pm Someone before me broke the plug that goes into the TB cover and connects to the pin. So I have a very (now) short wire in one hand and a bare useless barrel or pin connector in the other (don't know the proper name). Roger has nothing; I cant find anything local. Should I just order a barrel connector online? Any advice?
AFAIK, everything you might need is available. Post a picture of exactly what’s broken so I can point you in the right direction.
By chalkboss
This is the wire that's broke. It has no plug (circled in red) any longer.

Not my pic, Dwayne's is much better.
By SeanR
Engine side plug and grommet are available, the car side plug has been NLA for a long time. There were a bunch in the states back when Roger announced I was making harnesses and the next week all of them were purchased and it went NLA. So someone has them but isn't saying so.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:59 pm ... the car side plug has been NLA for a long time. There were a bunch in the states back when...
@chalkboss

Kroon is making LH harnesses. So, they have to have them. I could have *sworn* I ran across this connector randomly in the past month.

I'd contact them (Kroon) and ask for info or if they'll sell the connector bits. They have been helpful to me in the past when trying to find connectors.

In particular, they pointed me at the 2- and 3-pin connectors for the O2 sensor, PSD, EGTs, etc. I was able to order a pile of them from the manufacturers' US rep.
SeanR liked this
By maddog2020
I purchased a new firewall boot from Kroon for the engine harness. Exact reproduction of the factory boot. If they can't find it, they have it made. Not cheap but they have high standards for quality.
By ChrisZ
Hm. How difficult might it be to print up a part? I'm finding this 3D printer to be damn useful.....
By linderpat
I saved mine from my old windshield, since Roger told me that they are nla and the same part as the timing belt warning plug.
By chalkboss
Finally wrapped this up. Got one from Greg Brown, he sometimes has them (off windshields as mentioned above). Can't believe this was so hard to find :banghead:
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]