Watercooled 911s
By fpena944
Was just browsing through some old photos and came across this little collection.

It just goes to show how much cell phone technology has progressed since 2009. I remember taking these photos as they were what I texted my wife to tell her that this was what I was coming home with :grin:

And just for comparison here is how it sits today - in need of a nice detail job but I think not looking bad after another 110k miles were added to it in the last 11+ years.

Never thought I'd own a car this long but love it so can't get rid of it!
By wwilliams888
Our 2009 Carrera delivered in Jan of that year. Slightly over 5 miles on the odometer when delivered, now just shy of 120K miles. I added some red bits to the interior at the factory to tie in to the exterior color. Waiting on that ship to arrive in Brunswick was the longest month of my life.

amdavid, TheDeckMan liked this
By fpena944
@wwilliams888 - beautiful car, love the color!

How has the interior held up for you? I have the Savannah Beige as well and to me it has turned a bit more orange/yellow than I remember it being. But I also have abused my car so I can't complain. :biggrin:
By wwilliams888
fpena944 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:23 am @wwilliams888 - beautiful car, love the color!

How has the interior held up for you? I have the Savannah Beige as well and to me it has turned a bit more orange/yellow than I remember it being. But I also have abused my car so I can't complain. :biggrin:
My interior, sand beige, has held up reasonably well. It’s obviously not new anymore, but it looks close to the same color wise after 12 years. I mainly drove it back and forth to work. It was in a garage at home and close to shade at work. So I don’t have much sun related fade.
By wwilliams888
amdavid wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:25 am "@wwilliams888 - beautiful car, love the color!".....Striking indeed. Typically not huge on Red, but I do love me some Arena Red....right TA?
Ruby Red metallic. Looks a bit on the brownish side in shade, but the color really pops out in the sun.
By amdavid
wwilliams888 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:20 pm
amdavid wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:25 am "@wwilliams888 - beautiful car, love the color!".....Striking indeed. Typically not huge on Red, but I do love me some Arena Red....right TA?
Ruby Red metallic. Looks a bit on the brownish side in shade, but the color really pops out in the sun.
Ah, I do see it's a bit lighter than Arena....thanks for the correction.
By fpena944
wwilliams888 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:19 pm My interior, sand beige, has held up reasonably well. It’s obviously not new anymore, but it looks close to the same color wise after 12 years. I mainly drove it back and forth to work. It was in a garage at home and close to shade at work. So I don’t have much sun related fade.
Mine has always been garaged as well but I think between daily driving, track duty, and taking my messy kid for a ride the car has been through quite a bit.

Plus I believe Porsche realized some of the mistakes they made in the interior quality and probably stepped it up a bit with the 997 to make sure some of the same complaints wouldn't be heard.
TheDeckMan wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:02 pm 2014
Is that the beast that is currently undergoing transformation?
LPMM wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:40 pm [Air cooled content] Delivery day 8 years ago.

Oh wow you have piqued our interest, we need to see more pics!
By TheDeckMan
fpena944 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm
Is that the beast that is currently undergoing transformation?
Yep that is how it started out :thumbup:
By LPMM
fpena944 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm Oh wow you have piqued our interest, we need to see more pics!
Flat6Noise wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm Wait a second!
You can’t just show up with a teaser like that and then not show more!
Oh yeah, and congrats!
Thank you gentlemen. It is not a real Roadster, big booty was added. Here are a few more pics, more here

When I purchased it
5D3_3316.jpg
Now without the HREs and sporting Fuchs replicas
20181001_131707-2.jpg
View from above
5D3_4645.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flat6Noise, TheDeckMan liked this
By fpena944
LPMM wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:47 pm
fpena944 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm Oh wow you have piqued our interest, we need to see more pics!
Flat6Noise wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm Wait a second!
You can’t just show up with a teaser like that and then not show more!
Oh yeah, and congrats!
Thank you gentlemen. It is not a real Roadster, big booty was added. Here are a few more pics, more here

When I purchased it
5D3_3316.jpg

Now without the HREs and sporting Fuchs replicas
20181001_131707-2.jpg

View from above
5D3_4645.jpg
Gorgeous!

I have a soft spot in my heart for 964s as when I was getting into Porsches that was the current 911 model. Plus when I was looking to buy a 911 I test drove a 964 that brought the biggest smile ever on my face.

So did it start life as a standard 964 cabrio and then had the turbo fenders grafted on? I'm not familiar with the "Roadster" - I know there was a "Speedster" but this one is obviously different as it doesn't have that clamshell and the shorter windshield. Standard engine 3.6 engine?
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]