8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Don Smith
There certainly isn’t too much dust there!
Beautiful, beautiful,beautiful, just f***ing beautiful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTGeorge liked this
By worf
How to install piston seals.
In 47 easy steps.
In 8 languages.
Instructions in every single kit. 7 kits per caliper.
If tree huggers only knew.

Scoper liked this
By GTGeorge
I sure have missed going to car shows.
Trinity_Car_Show1522358209.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By SeanR
Can finally resume earning a living now that this transmission has shown up.
image.png
By WyattsRide
Sean, did that trans. come in a box marked FRAGILE? If so, it must be Italian.

By Bertrand Daoust
Nice pic (and car!) Rick. :thumbup:
I miss that parking lot with all the beautiful 928's and their great owners!
Frenzy is always an awesome event. Always. :bowdown:
Really hope the border will be open by September...
By Tony
Doors hung..handles on ..locks in and PPF under the door handle. Amazes me how the door of a 33 yr old car with 200k miles still closes like a vault.

Don Smith, ladybug83 liked this
By Don Smith
Aw, what the heck. It is Sunday . I just picked up my car from Luc(Oups59) and drove it home. 2 hours passed by quickly. I was being followed by my wife, so it was not a “ spirited” ride. She had an accident recently, and is very apprehensive behind the wheel, so I have to respect that.
Love the car!
Bertrand Daoust, GTGeorge, ladybug83 and 1 others liked this
By worf
GTGeorge wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:02 pm Congratulations! Beautiful car and color! :thumbup:
The first (and only) rule of The 928 Photo Thread: always post a new 928-related photo.

By JBRob007
After pics post Super Charger removal... oh and a gift from the 80's... The Big Chill Soundtrack on cassette.
C4CD6598-A053-4DD3-A826-4E10F382A88E.jpeg
3D33B3CA-5DE3-4D55-A455-CDB3DBE3E42D.jpeg
3455BB60-133C-4B50-95A4-0E6A50FC7DAA.jpeg
3D1C021B-AD9B-42EE-BBF7-217EC4447813.jpeg
Don Smith liked this
By Don Smith
So true! I follow rules, most of the time(O.K., I try anyways). So, first day home, and the hood is open, and I am answering all my neighbour’s questions. One guy, said it was the most beautiful car he has ever seen.
The wife asked, which car would you really choose, a 10 year old Panamera,or the 928.. hands down, the 928. But, if it was a new Panamera, hey, I’m not brain dead yet.
So, on to why the rear hatch only works with the key....the motor is missing. I am going to have to hunt down a rear hatch motor.
Bertrand Daoust, Redgt, XR4Tim and 1 others liked this
By JBRob007
Nice!!
By Bertrand Daoust
Congrats Don for your new car!
I know that car enought to know that you picked up a great 928. :thumbup:
Don Smith liked this
By Don Smith
Thanks Bertrand, and Joel.
Not one, but two S4’s, on the driveway....
XR4Tim liked this
By h2pmr
what you get between a fixed roof headliner and roof skin
By Stepson
I think that the chip in my instrument panel has gotten German stubborn in it's old age. The language changed from English to German, and even though I know how to change it back to English, it ignores me. All measurements are now metric and all language is German. It absolutely will not change. I have the repair manual for the 1989 instrument cluster, and jumpered pins 5 and 13.
By Tony
Pax glass and motor assembly etc in.

Sadly going to need all new weather strippping. Its shot. :bigcry:

Fyi...see that white flat panel on the floor. Its an LED ceiling light from costco. 49 bucks. With a little diy wiring it makes a great shop light to slide around under the car or hang etc...Only 1 inch thick.

By worf
Lookin’ good T!

This, not so much:

By Addlight
Up Clear Creek Canyon, west of Golden, CO, to do a little fishing tonight. Just one brown trout and a great drive to show for it.
Don Smith liked this
By Don Smith
I spent 20 mins removing old tire weight residue off the wheels. I could not find anything else. My neighbor shot this photo, as I was putting the car back in the garage. I guess it is the “money shot”.
Cheers
amdavid liked this
By WyattsRide
Bertrand Daoust wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:54 pm Nice pic (and car!) Rick. :thumbup:
I miss that parking lot with all the beautiful 928's and their great owners!
Frenzy is always an awesome event. Always. :bowdown:
Really hope the border will be open by September...
My long lost Canadian Brother and his beautiful 928!
IMG_20150926_115824982_HDR.jpg
linderpat, Don Smith, amdavid and 1 others liked this
By Don Smith
Lovely work, Tony. What are your front seats?
By h2pmr
Don Smith wrote:Lovely work, Tony. What are your front seats?
I was wondering the same about the seats.

By Charlie
How to get mass loaded vinyl to go around a complex curve and still allow the next layer to stick... fiberglass drywall tape stuck with Weldwood.
IMG_1672-800x600.jpg
worf, Don Smith, Adamant1971 liked this
By Adamant1971
The shark is out of storage. I always forget how loud and stinky the exhaust is. Need to put on some cats this year.
By Tony
Seats. Bought them about 15+ yrs ago. Graphite grey, perforations in the cushions, holes for harness.

Im going back to a set of stock seats that i have just refurbished.

http://www.cerullo.com/xrseat

I may be unloading them eventually. Good enough seat, just wanted to go back to a more stock look.

Don Smith, maddog2020 liked this
By h2pmr
GTGeorge wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:14 pm Yesterday.......
Wiregrass-5-16-2021.jpg

Wiregrass-Trophy-5-16-2021.jpg
congratulations on your trophy.
cheers
Phil
By Ghosteh
seats3.jpg
Don Smith liked this
By UKKid35
amdavid liked this
By worf
By Don Smith
Good morning guys and gals. It’s a slow morning in Quebec. 2nd coffee is finished, gardening is done, wife is gone to her horse riding lessons, so I thought that I would entertain myself and you, with a few photos.
I had a car b q back in 2016, and the fire dept. that answered the call, was led by a captain, by the name of Charlie. Three months previously, he answered a 911 call, from me, as I was having a heart attack. He arrived within 5 mins, and saved my life. Here is a photo of my car b q.
So, now, 5 years later, after selling off all the good parts, I’m back into Oups59’s car, as most of you know.
Here is my problem, which my wife settled, as they usually do, so well. She named the car “Kaboom”.. the tossup was Charlie, or Kaboom, and Charlie lost.

Have a great day everyone. Cheers.
Last edited by Don Smith on Sun May 23, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sazerac
Oh my goodness, Don, when did that happen?

Obligatory pictures: fan amplifier maintenance. First picture, cleaning back and front of fan amps. Second picture application of fresh heat sink paste.
By Don Smith
Good morning Sazerac.
The car b q and the heart attack both happened in 2016. I spent a complete year getting my car ready. I purchased it in 2015, as a no start. Luc answered my distress call to find my problem(LH module), got the car running, only to find out the tranny was no good. I sourced a tranny(auto) Replaced it and all was good for 50 miles, then the fire happened.
Anyways, I am back now, with a better car, and very,very happy.
By UKKid35
By Sazerac
Don Smith wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:17 am Good morning Sazerac.
The car b q and the heart attack both happened in 2016. I spent a complete year getting my car ready. I purchased it in 2015, as a no start. Luc answered my distress call to find my problem(LH module), got the car running, only to find out the tranny was no good. I sourced a tranny(auto) Replaced it and all was good for 50 miles, then the fire happened.
Anyways, I am back now, with a better car, and very,very happy.
Don, 2o16 was not a good year for you. If I had a car-b-q, I'd probably have a heart attack. But, glad everything worked out for you with the health and new car! The car looks good!

Obligatory photo: "The Cash GT in the Wild"
By JBRob007
Amelia...
96663C08-7004-4007-B0FB-DEEC1463F21F.jpeg
515D5E15-82E9-4E03-8A0C-42D917CE0A92.jpeg
A5AC5FDE-25EF-4DA6-9ECD-6590A266D17B.jpeg
A2048E1E-761C-4C49-9C0A-1CC9AD2E22FE.jpeg
DC872507-FB84-468A-A55C-6C46CBEB7333.jpeg
Bertrand Daoust, Crumpler, SeanR and 2 others liked this
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]