8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Tony
how on this earth do you close this gap on the outer window trim. it's not much, but the factory installation had zero. it has to be installed at an angle due to the shape of the trim and how it extends into the upper corner. you can get it started and then bend it slightly a d it closes but not completely flush.. I've. lubed the metal... gently tapped on the other end etc. the tapping gets absorbed by the upper corner prior to this joint.

it's not. bad... but not perfect either. and I can live with it.

By Ed Scherer
It's at the back of the window, about 24 cm above (and slightly in front of) the center of the door lock cylinder.

Tony, I just looked at mine ('90 S4) on both sides, and it's not much tighter than yours. Maybe a little. But it doesn't even look as even (parallel ends) as yours. Maybe it was just the camera angle on mine.

By Tony
sean.. you probably can't see it as it's a perfect flush fit from the factory.. or... after a while that small gap just gets filled with shmutz.

meanwhile.. it's never easy when your plastic malet misses and scratches your previously applied perfect coat of SEM trim paint. :bigcry:... you spray it over but now ON the car. :banghead:

By Don Smith
Mine is pretty well parallel, also, and very little gap.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]