8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By WyattsRide
Anyone try this yet? The adapter for the front rubber fuel line doesn't seem like it can get tight enough to seal, because of the lager nut that holds the FPR onto the bracket. I have the large nut as tight as I can get.
The blue tape is on there so I won't scratch up the new FPR when i'm counter holding it to tighten the large nut.

More help needed! Thanks

By worf
If it doesn’t fit correctly and obviously, seek guidance from the vendor or return it.

You should not have to guess, go on faith, or ‘fettle’ with anything fuel system related.

You can’t pay me enough to use these new two-piece ‘budget’ FPRs in a client’s car.
By captainOCD
Watching to see what comes of this. I bought the same regulator for my 86.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Hey Rick,

If you haven't yet, you might consider replacing that short heater hose WYAIT. Mine blew out driving up my driveway after a spirited drive - I was able to get home just in time. Roger sells a heavy duty red replacement for ~$15, as I recall.
By SeanR
I've installed a few of these and I thought it was close on the front side of the FPR but it is exactly the same size as the factory one for the threaded portion. My biggest issue with these is the housing is aluminum and you really have to tighten the inlet/outlets more than you should have to, then loosen it and retorque them. The seating of the steel to aluminum takes more effort than I like. But they do work.
By WyattsRide
captainOCD wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 am Watching to see what comes of this. I bought the same regulator for my 86.
I'm going to remove the washer between the large nut and the bracket to see if that gives me enough room to tighten the silver adapter nut. If that doesn't work Kevin will send me a smaller silver nut.
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:01 am Hey Rick,

If you haven't yet, you might consider replacing that short heater hose WYAIT. Mine blew out driving up my driveway after a spirited drive - I was able to get home just in time. Roger sells a heavy duty red replacement for ~$15, as I recall.
Thanks Geza. I'll look into it.
SeanR wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:50 am I've installed a few of these and I thought it was close on the front side of the FPR but it is exactly the same size as the factory one for the threaded portion. My biggest issue with these is the housing is aluminum and you really have to tighten the inlet/outlets more than you should have to, then loosen it and retorque them. The seating of the steel to aluminum takes more effort than I like. But they do work.
I would think that the threaded portion should be a little larger on this one. At least for when it's used on a MY 85-86. Maybe I'm missing something. On the 85 FPR there is no additional adapter nut that has to be screwed on to that threaded portion. Just the washer and 24mm nut, then the rubber fuel line is worm clamped to the port(?).
By JBRob007
We installed it on my 86 and we’re wondering the same thing. It works, but we kept an eye on it to be sure. We also use blue pipe thread sealer on all our fuel line connections. It’s a lubricant for the threads and seals. Compatible with gas, fuel, water, etc... Unless they start making the FPR with a longer threaded connection, then a shorter adapter nut is probably the way to go.
By WyattsRide
I removed the washer between the large nut and bracket. That seemed to give enough space to tighten the adapter nut up. We'll see Saturday how it goes.
By captainOCD
Glad to hear things are going well with these Roger. I have mine waiting to go on once I take care of my intake refresh and some other maintenance.
By checkmate1996
I need a damper to replace the 0 280 161 008 on the front of my car...any updates there?
By checkmate1996
What's taking so long....??? :roflmao: :thumbup:
By checkmate1996
are any donors needed? if so, i have a dead one...
By WyattsRide
Everything done and all put back together. No fuel leaks and the engine is running smooth as silk. :rockon:

I'll see some of you at Carlisle! :drink:
checkmate1996 liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]