8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By fpena944
AirtekHVAC wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:31 pm All his posts appear to be deleted. Did I miss something?
There's a lot to explain but go to these links to get the backstory:

https://openroad.site/viewtopic.php?p=59578#p59578

https://openroad.site/viewtopic.php?p=61247#p61247

His departure sure did leave a hole in the content here but I hope in time we can fill in the gaps.
By AirtekHVAC
Well, I asked....wow!

Thanks for the info. Too bad, kinda liked him. I didn’t follow that thread....

Oh well, hopefully he will lick his wounds, and return to our loving little group! :drunk:
By fpena944
AirtekHVAC wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:48 pm Well, I asked....wow!

Thanks for the info. Too bad, kinda liked him. I didn’t follow that thread....

Oh well, hopefully he will lick his wounds, and return to our loving little group! :drunk:
That's what I was hoping. The door is open for him and he was cordial when I exchanged emails with him. Again not happy that he threw a grenade on his way out but he was the source of a lot of great discussion so I welcome him back.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
He actually directed me to this site when the RL goons tried to put the kybosh on my damper hub infomercial. He also bought two - hope he comes back.
By Sazerac
Well, that certainly is strange.

Anyway, owning your own content is important, thanks, El Jefe. But that doesn't mean you personally have to go erase it. Content owners could just erase it themselves. Seems like a lot of work for you.
By fpena944
Sazerac wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:37 pm Well, that certainly is strange.

Anyway, owning your own content is important, thanks, El Jefe. But that doesn't mean you personally have to go erase it. Content owners could just erase it themselves. Seems like a lot of work for you.
Well actually he did go in and do it himself. I wouldn't have done it but I honor the right for someone to do it themselves.

What was most destructive though is that he took every thread he created and deleted his content, locked it, and then changed the title to "DELETED". So I had to go in, give it a title again, unlock it, and just keep the content that was from those we replied to him.

In time those posts will become buried but for now it does appear pretty strange.
By maddog2020
part of the challenge was that he opened a ton of threads asking how to do stuff, and then would debate the people's suggestions who had been there and done that. The last straw was a wheel offset thread where he bought custom wheels that were so far off they would never fit. I and several others posted how to measure the wheels, as his numbers didn't add up. next thing ya know he was deleting posts.
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:23 pm The last straw was a wheel offset thread where he bought custom wheels that were so far off they would never fit. I and several others posted how to measure the wheels, as his numbers didn't add up. next thing ya know he was deleting posts.
Meh. We beat that to death in the other two threads.

You and Scott were arguing vehemently against the fit for completely different and completely contradictory reasons. I can see why he was frustrated with you both.

Shifted blowing up all his marbles and running home was a tantrum, and not cool. But you two helped. Own it and move on. Glass houses and such.

In conclusion: can’t stand the heat? It’s ok to get out of the kitchen, or yell at the other cooks. But, nuking the kitchen is a move that burns all your bridges and any goodwill earned otherwise.
Crumpler liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]