8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By checkmate1996
I am working on a 79 that needs the driver CV axle replaced. The current axle has part# 928 332 026 03 which has the hub bolt carrier on both sides of the axle (top picture). I had an 82 laying around in good shape but its the lower picture. I am guessing they aren't but I thought I'd atleast ask...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By checkmate1996
Ok - I was able to answer my own question. I decided to yank the old one off since i removing it anyway. After I unbolted everything AND removed the drive shaft , the flange hub just slid right out. I compared the flange and the newer style shaft and everything was pretty much identical. To install, I had to lower the rear exhaust so I could get a straight shot in the wheel hub and the splines wouldn’t bind. Once in, I put the washer and nut and pulled the rest of the shaft through the wheel hub. I used the original bolts off old shaft and buttoned everything down. Took it for a spin and everything was great! :burnout:
The 928 Photo Thread

trawling through ebay there was a guy selling 911 […]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Agreed, I was yelling at my screen during SQ3. V[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]