8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By worf
We're glad to see more folks crossing the fence to the Open Road from The Site That Shall Not Be Named.

If you've just made the crossing you can check in here ...

... in this one-stop-shopping sticky thread.
Last edited by worf on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By Redgt
Welcome, Bertrand, glad to see you ( and your beautiful 928) here!
By fpena944
Although not always clear, you can reach out to me directly if you need any assistance with logging in, using the site (since we use different software than other forums you might be used to - and yes there is a reason why!), suggestions, and even complaints.

Just reach out to me directly or fill out the form under "Contact Us" (all the way on the bottom of the screen) or this link:

https://openroad.site/pages/contact-us/

In any case, welcome all!!!
By The Fat Man
I've been here for awhile, but don't visit nearly enough. Checking in now!
:beerchug:
By h2pmr
Ah this is where all the cool kids now hangout :rockon:
seems a more friendly place.

cheers
Phil
By worf
Won’t speak for anyone else, but I’ll be friendly as long as you keep that avatar. :eyepop:
By Sazerac
h2pmr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:42 pm Ah this is where all the cool kids now hangout :rockon:
seems a more friendly place.

cheers
Phil
Hi Phil!
Welcome to the friendlier side! I enjoyed your posts on RL :cool: and your avatar their too! Please keep up the good work here!
John
By JBRob007
Sharks Circling Amelia Island label.png
Hey Sharks... Joel Roberts, aka JBRob007... from THE 928 BuckeyeLandsharks. Just joined and happy to be here. Still figuring out how to import an avatar, etc. In the news. The above pic is the 928 BLS Bourbon Whiskey 100 proof label for our club's limited edition bottling. We'll be bringing 30 bottles to Amelia Island in May and will be available for purchase to 928ers in attendance (if we don't drink it all on the way down). Price TBD, but it won't be expensive - all proceeds will go to the distiller (a 928 owner / club member) and our club coffers to fund our 928 BLS website.

In other news: I just bought a dust covered 82 Chiffon White w/ Rogerbox barn/garage find. Needs a leather dash & pod and driver seat recover, but the rest of the leather interior is in VERY good shape - needs a LOT of cleaning, scubbing, and TLC. It has a 928 Motorsports built 5.0 liter short block w/ 84 top end (cams/intake), complete top end refresh, forged pistons, steel sleeved cylinders, oil pan spacer, mini-starter, MMs, steering rack, 1/2 shafts, engine harness, green wire, race radiator, etc, etc... A TON of work done in 2016 including a working 928MS Stage I Super Charger kit with all the gauges. Took us a day to get the car running and a week to get it running well (after we removed the SC kit and replaced the fuel pump, new gas/techron, hotter plugs). We adjusted the transmission modulator (after removing the SC kit) so it starts right up, runs great and shifts smooth at well over 100 mph. The car was owned by a guy who doesn't know a screw driver from a wrench and it was sitting in a dusty garage since 2017 on 16" phone dials / Toyo 888 racing tires and a spare set of 15" phone dials leaning against the rear bumper. The BEST part is the tool box is complete including the yellow handled screw driver & plastic orange box of spare bulbs/fuses, tire pump, & aux belts from the factory / owners manuals. The plan it to CALL ROGER (help fund his summer vacation plans) by reverting back to stock, as close to stock as possible, without replacing the 5.0 liter (damn car MOVES even with a 3 speed), replace the enginebay fuel supply/return hoses, clean the interior & work on the seats while Mike does his magic with the all ORIGINAL (single stage) Chiffon White paint. I'll post pics as soon as I can get them off my phone. Sorry for the loooooooong intro, but I'm pretty stoked about the find. :jumper:

Oh yeah, is anybody in the market for a complete 928MS Stage I Super Charger kit for $2500 OBO? :evilgrin: If so, call me at (614) 886-three, five, one, one. See ya'all at Amelia Island!! Fins Up!!! :rockon:

Joel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i am not a traitor liked this
By Erik N
Joel, would that SC work on a 10:1 euro engine? Is that the kit with the intercooler?
By Rod Schneider
Just found this site and signed up! I'm getting a bit tired of the silliness over at that "other" forum. I've been a paid member, but I doubt I'll be renewing........
By JaredB
Heard about this forum on that bird site. Was on that other one for a year, posted twice, was getting a little too weird over there, and the whole thing with Roger, really, wtf. I joined here tonight.
By SwedeInSiam
Registered here back in August but my account was blocked for some reason but OK now.

Haven't been very active last year since I haven't been able to get home to Thailand for 15 months due to COVID.
Will go home on April 2 and after 16 days prison (Quarantine) I hope to see the 928 again (and the family :lol2: ).

Hope my bumpers I sent away to paint before I left for work in December 2019 is still OK :burnout:
By worf
Welcome “Bird Site” folks!

This thread might as well be a place to ask questions about site functionality if you run into trouble.
By worf
Kinda cool that my 928th post was in this thread:
By SeanR
worf wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:59 pm Kinda cool that my 928th post was in this thread:

Here's a cookie for ya. :lol2:
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
SeanR wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:03 pm Here's a cookie for ya. :lol2:
Thanks Hon. Grab me a beer while you’re in the kitchen. :tongue:
SeanR liked this
By Gary Knox
Been here a few days - trying to get oriented (and find the way to change the avatar!!). Thanks for the welcome David.

Gary
worf, Bertrand Daoust liked this
By fpena944
Gary Knox wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 pm Been here a few days - trying to get oriented (and find the way to change the avatar!!). Thanks for the welcome David.

Gary
Welcome!

At the top of the screen click on your name and you'll see a submenu pop up. Look below at the circled area and this is where you can change your avatar image:
image.png
By Daniel5691
Constantine wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:25 pm First post.

Looking forward to some good discussions and sharing of knowledge.

Cheers,
Constantine
Last edited by Daniel5691 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Daniel5691
Gary Knox wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 pm Been here a few days - trying to get oriented (and find the way to change the avatar!!). Thanks for the welcome David.

Gary
Last edited by Daniel5691 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gary Knox
Bertrand Daoust wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:36 pm Welcome Gary!

Nice to see you here my friend.
Many of the old gang is here now!
And you're for sure part of it. :bigok:

Bertrand,

You certainly got the 'old' part right - ha! Hope we can get together at Frenzy '21 this fall (or maybe the Carlisle Swap Meet if you are heading south for that). We've had one 80 degree F day, and Easter Sunday is supposed to be mid 70's, so May 1st should be a great day to get some warm southern sunshine!!

Cheers

Gary
Last edited by Gary Knox on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Erik N
Well, shit. How did Daniel get in?
[EDIT] Crap! He's been here all along?
OK, legit question: How do I add a pic to my signature? I could only get the avatar one to go when I joined.
[EDIT II] is there a way to shrink that photo V I just uploaded?
By worf
Erik N wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 pm [EDIT II] is there a way to shrink that photo V I just uploaded?
Sure. With a program before you upload it.

What 'device' are you using? iPhone? Windows PC?
By fpena944
Erik N wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 pm Well, shit. How did Daniel get in?
[EDIT] Crap! He's been here all along?
OK, legit question: How do I add a pic to my signature? I could only get the avatar one to go when I joined.
[EDIT II] is there a way to shrink that photo V I just uploaded?
worf wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:12 pm
Erik N wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 pm [EDIT II] is there a way to shrink that photo V I just uploaded?
Sure. With a program before you upload it.

What 'device' are you using? iPhone? Windows PC?
If you can't do it let me know and I'll take care of it. But it's pretty easy using either desktop or online tools.
By aridaen
I just found out about what happened Roger. That sux, I'm jumping off the rlist ship too.
SeanR liked this
By SeanR
Mike-JDSPorsche wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 pm Not sure if I'm a refugee as such but thought I would say hello anyway and come join up to see what is what.
Welcome Mike, glad to see you here.
By Mike-JDSPorsche
SeanR wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:03 pm
Mike-JDSPorsche wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 pm Not sure if I'm a refugee as such but thought I would say hello anyway and come join up to see what is what.
Welcome Mike, glad to see you here.
Cheers. I just made a SMAF, you might know who that is for. :burnout:
By worf
Welcome!
Wil wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 pm So this is where everyone went. Not too bad only having to switch up forums twice in 25 years. 928s4vr to RL to here.
So you'll recognize this then?

By fpena944
Wil wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 pm So this is where everyone went. Not too bad only having to switch up forums twice in 25 years. 928s4vr to RL to here.
Yeah a lot of us were previous forum veterans for sure. I know I personally did 18 years at the other site.

But we're in this for the long haul so with our first year approaching here fast I look forward to celebrating many more!
By Wil
worf wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:00 pm Welcome!
So you'll recognize this then?

difficult to forget ;)
By linderpat
Wil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:44 pm
linderpat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:36 am welcome WIL. Where in Pittsburgh are you? What 928 do you have?
Sewickley. It's that '85, black, euro S with the german plate that shows up to the PVGP.
Well if you aren't doing anything April 30th - May 1st, a few of us are leaving from the Sheetz lot on Rt 8 at 12;30 to caravan to Carlisle (formerly Hershey). We always have a blast, and the ride up is quite spirited. Hotel details on the renny thread
Wil liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]