8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Daniel5691
Howdy !
I'd like to announce a "contest" for everyone to have fun with.
I've got 2 prizes to give away, a $25 BASS PRO gift card and an Official Scheissco Oil Pump Gear Installation Tool (PN8675309)
Here's how it works...

I'll post up a list of my random unlabeled Victor Reinz 928 Gasket kit parts,
with photos and measurements for width of the gasket and outside diameter in mm.

The expert mechanic who correctly identifies the most gaskets will get the $25 BP card.

Then, from all the folks that posted at least one in the thread,
one will be chosen at random to win the Scheissco OP gear install tool.

The only problem is,
I don't know which answers will be correct because I have no idea,
they just shoved all my gaskets in one big plastic bag and there you go, LOL.

So correct answers will have to have some kind of consensus. No penalty for guesses or wrong answers, we'll just count the correct ones at the end...

OK? Let's give it a shot.

GOOD LUCK !!! ! ! If you want better/ different photos, just let me know. Maybe we can use this to start a visual database for all those orphan gaskets out there.....
By worf
Did you order a gasket set? Or by part number? Who’s the vendor?
By Crumpler
Ok.
I never win contests, but here goes:

Some of them are copper and the others are made of rubber compound.

I think they are for a car.
By Daniel5691
worf wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm Did you order a gasket set? Or by part number? Who’s the vendor?
Hey ! Yes sir, these are part of one full Victor Reinz engine set, which also contained head gaskets, exhaust gaskets,OPG, etc...
They came all-in-one, without separate numbers for the gaskets.
I think I got this set from Rog, about 5-6 years ago...
By worf
Daniel5691 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 pm Hey ! Yes sir, these are part of one full Victor Reinz engine set, which also contained head gaskets, exhaust gaskets,OPG, etc...
Right. So, here's the thing: the V-R gasket set is a one size fits none kinda deal. It has most, but not all, of the parts you need. If you haven't taken apart your engine yet, as you do so, note each gasket you find and compare against "inventory."

I think you bought the 16v kit. I'm not familiar with it. Answers OTTOMH below should be independent of engine type.

D: Oil pump shaft seal
E: Oil pick-up tube seal. Discard immediately. Order the Porsche gasket by part number. Or you and your bearings will be very sorry.
F: exhaust cam nose seals
G: If there are three: Oil pump bolt seals.
M: Water bridge block seal.
O: Oil pump block seal.
Q: Thermostat seal.
R: If there are eight: exhaust manifold seals. If just one, oil pressure sender adapter.
Daniel5691 liked this
By SeanR
I won a $950 box of cigars and it was the only thing I've won that has any value so I stopped playing any more, besides this one would be unfair. Let others have some luck. :)
Daniel5691 liked this
By Hey_Allen
I agree with M appearing to be a water bridge seal, but haven't been into my engine far enough to venture a guess on most of these.
Daniel5691 liked this
By Daniel5691
Hey everybody is a winner here.
Who wants a Juice Box and a banana?
LOL

I definitely ordered the 16V kit.

Seriously, thanks for all the help on this thread.

I'm hoping to get a picture/ part number/ application document available for others to use at the end of this...

And the prizes are legit... for $25 you could almost buy a box of twenty .22LR at Bass Pro. Quite the deal.
And that Scheissco Oil Gear install tool is a one-of-a kind.
By The Fat Man
Show me the Schiessco tool first. I'm not stupid. Show me the candy. THEN I get in the van...
linderpat liked this
By WyattsRide
linderpat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:33 am M appears to be a male enhancement ring :hiding: :eek:
I think I have one of those. :thumbup: It may be P though.

B looks like a fuel injector O ring.
Daniel5691 liked this
By linderpat
The Fat Man wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 pm Show me the Schiessco tool first. I'm not stupid. Show me the candy. THEN I get in the van...
:roflmao: sick and twisted, but then again, we're in a Daniel thread :lol2:
Daniel5691 liked this
By Daniel5691
linderpat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:52 pm
The Fat Man wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 pm Show me the Schiessco tool first. I'm not stupid. Show me the candy. THEN I get in the van...
:roflmao: sick and twisted, but then again, we're in a Daniel thread :lol2:
I take no responsibility for Seth. I am a serious-minded contributor and what-not.
Besides, last I heard, he got radiation poisoning from some off-brand auto parts...
By MFranke
These "complete" kits always seem to have extra parts left over, while some needed ones are missing. Definitely save your old sealing rings and gaskets, at least until you can match them up!
Daniel5691 liked this
By The Fat Man
Ed: yes, yes I am.

Daniel: I am suffering no ill aftereffects of my Schiessco experience. Or at least, that is what my therapist/parole officer told me to say.

Fine. Sigh. I'll get in the van...
By Wisconsin Joe
linderpat wrote: :roflmao: sick and twisted, but then again, we're in a Daniel thread :lol2:
Well, despite the Minnie Pearl pic in the "top" thread, I haven't seen any chickens.
It's not really a "Daniel thread" without chickens, is it?

My entry:
Pretty sure "N" is 928 105 184 00. Part #11 on page 103-05 of the PET.

It's the little oil passage seal that gets squashed between the cam housing and the 'cam front' plate.
:beerchug:
Daniel5691 liked this
By Erik N
GOOD USE OF A TOILET PAPER ROLL! Oops, forgot I was on all caps.
Daniel5691 liked this
By Daniel5691
Erik N wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:32 pm GOOD USE OF A TOILET PAPER ROLL! Oops, forgot I was on all caps.
Hey hold on there bub, that's a high quality tool. That's 100% genuine plastic.
Hmmph. The eventual winner of that tool will vouch for me.
PS you're entered to win.
Ineos Grenadier

Anyone have any experience with the Ineos Grenad[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]