Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By WyattsRide
Registration Days Posts Custom
Setting my last intake in place, I somehow ripped the paper gasket. Am I SOL for now, until I get another? Or can I smear some peanut butter or something better on it and keep going? (Don't judge me because I used paper gaskets.)

Thanks for any advise

By SeanR
You could use a bit of Victor Reinz on that spot and hope it seals it up. Ideal? Nope, doable? Possible. FWIW, I use the paper gaskets and have had no issue doing so.
By WyattsRide
SeanR wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:00 pm You could use a bit of Victor Reinz on that spot and hope it seals it up. Ideal? Nope, doable? Possible. FWIW, I use the paper gaskets and have had no issue doing so.
Where can I get Victor Reinz? Basic Auto parts store or only on-line? How about 3m black gasket sealant?

Bertrand Daoust wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:03 pm Is it completly rip in two?

If it is, I would change it.

But that's me!
Unfortunately it's completely ripped. :bigcry:
By Bertrand Daoust
Registration Days Posts
Like Sean said, ideal no but you can try to glue it with some sealant.
If the finish is clean and smooth, worth a try maybe...
By Crumpler
Registration Days Posts
At least you caught it before you buttoned up.
I chased a lean condition for months before I found a damaged gasket on a smoke test.
I’m sure sealant above would hold or some drei bond, but will you agonize knowing it’s there and not perfect :)
By WyattsRide
Crumpler wrote:At least you caught it before you buttoned up.
I chased a lean condition for months before I found a damaged gasket on a smoke test.
I’m sure sealant above would hold or some drei bond, but will you agonize knowing it’s there and not perfect :)
I was really making progress today too! I could have put in the injectors and fuel rails next. Looks like I'm just going to order a couple new gaskets. It's the best option for sure. :surrender:
By linderpat
Rick I have the sealant from Roger and you can borrow a dab. I would get the new paper gasket though. I would not trust it.
By SeanR
WyattsRide wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:19 pm
SeanR wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:00 pm You could use a bit of Victor Reinz on that spot and hope it seals it up. Ideal? Nope, doable? Possible. FWIW, I use the paper gaskets and have had no issue doing so.
Where can I get Victor Reinz? Basic Auto parts store or only on-line? How about 3m black gasket sealant?

Bertrand Daoust wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:03 pm Is it completly rip in two?

If it is, I would change it.

But that's me!
Unfortunately it's completely ripped. :bigcry:
Roger is always the answer.
By WyattsRide
Yes, he is! Already spoke to Roger and it's being delivered to me. Roger is hand delivering new gaskets to me in person. What customer service!!
Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

It was a great race, which was surprising after al[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]

Rear Brake line Seized

Now I will need to pass the new right line over […]