8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Tony
I just did this last year but the he!! If i can find my notes on it...i just replaced the front bushing on the weissach arm.(#12) Last piece of rubber on the underside. :rockon:

Need the values for these hi-lited. The wsm has them i know but trying to figure out what they are describing in their descriptions gives me questions.

# 41..42. .....3 bolts on the mounting of the front of the weisach arm to the under body....33ft lbs (light alloy casting for lower control arm to body)

#25....The link pin nuts....pretty sure those are 103ft lbs. (wheel carrier to lower suspension link)..but see refernce to 80ft lbs also

#8...On the blade of the weissach arm.... Camber ...146 ft lbs

#16...On the front of the weissach arm.......Track....88 ft lbs

These look familiar......????

:beerchug:

By worf
Alloy casting (Weissach bracket) to body: 46 N-m.

Coilover Pin nuts: 140 N-m.

Camber Eccentric Nuts: 200 N-m.

Toe Eccentric Nuts: 120 N-m.
By Stepson
Tony,
Most of the torque values courtesy of Rob Edwards and Andrew Olson are in this spreadsheet:
928 S4 Automatic bolt sizes and torque values 1-pager 04-29-10.pdf
John Curry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Tony
Thnx guys....

I just printed and laminated that. ..why i hadnt already is beyond me. :banghead:
By Tony
Would be a neat project to combine those PET images and TQ charts... :typing:
By worf
Problem with Rob’s charts are that some/many of the N-n values are wrong.
By Stepson
Worf,
I have original files for these that can be corrected. If you let me know of any discrepancies, I can fix them and re-issue as .pdf files to print. I do seem to remember that the block drain bolts torque is wrong.

John Curry
By worf
Stepson wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:31 am I have original files for these that can be corrected. If you let me know of any discrepancies, I can fix them and re-issue as .pdf files to print. I do seem to remember that the block drain bolts torque is wrong.

John Curry
The block drain torque is wrong in the spec books. ft-lbs value is the N-m value. And ft-lbs value needs to be calculated from N-m value.

Many years ago, I started to correct the N-m values in the sheet and even mentioned it (IIRC), and then gave up 'cause it seemed like no one cared about the N-m values. So, I don't remember which were wrong.

Ok, just looked up the m3, m4, and m5 time-sert ki[…]

Thanks for getting back to us.

good forum "engine"

was busy typing a response to a question :typin[…]

Gary, Worf, many thanks! I think I must have even […]