Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By Luigi Vampa
As the title says - we need a racing and DE subforum. Hopefully some of the "right minded" drivers migrate over here as well.
By David993S
Hope this forum gains some traction......pun intended.

I have a good "Michael Andretti at his 1st SCCA Drivers School at Nelson Ledges" story I'll contribute someday.........
My avatar is me at an SCCA National at Nelson more than a few years ago. :D
By Luigi Vampa
Thank you!
By Luigi Vampa
I think this forum is going to take a little longer to get going but will be worth the effort.
By Cuda911
Luigi Vampa wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:20 pm I think this forum is going to take a little longer to get going but will be worth the effort.
Yeah, all our track stuff has been cancelled. Anything going on in your area,?
By Luigi Vampa
Cuda911 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm
Luigi Vampa wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:20 pm I think this forum is going to take a little longer to get going but will be worth the effort.
Leaving tomorrow for New Jersey Motrosport Park for my first race since Sebring. I cannot wait!
By Mark Dreyer
Doing PBOC Super Solo next month at Sebring. I sold Boxzilla so will be tracking my newly acquired 2014 Cayman S.
By Mark Dreyer
Doing PBOC Super Solo next month at Sebring. I sold Boxzilla so will be tracking my newly acquired 2014 Cayman S.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Porschemaven
I wonder what you are doing for instruction in your region? PCA allows in car - to my surprise since they are usually overly cautious. On the other hand they refuse lead and follow. Some of our Reds prefer not to do in car, same for some students. Sanitizing intercoms is a problem. We bought 30 radios with ear pieces, plan to have aa red car, two greens then a red. Each group on their own channel. Lead car sets the pace follow car observes and provides corrections.

In order to do this we will have to run a non PCA event. I don't get what PCA National has in mind - especially since our DE season ends in September up here.
By Luigi Vampa
Porschemaven wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:39 am I wonder what you are doing for instruction in your region? PCA allows in car - to my surprise since they are usually overly cautious. On the other hand they refuse lead and follow. Some of our Reds prefer not to do in car, same for some students. Sanitizing intercoms is a problem. We bought 30 radios with ear pieces, plan to have aa red car, two greens then a red. Each group on their own channel. Lead car sets the pace follow car observes and provides corrections.

In order to do this we will have to run a non PCA event. I don't get what PCA National has in mind - especially since our DE season ends in September up here.
CVR, where I am Asst. track chair, isn't doing lead follow or in car - solo only this year. We will sort it out next year. We did allow a few "on the cusp" solo drivers to drive with a loose type of lead follow. All the people selected for this were very competent and mature.

I also drove with Ferrari Club at LRP a couple of weeks and was asked to do lead follow. I agreed, because I wanted to help, and it worked out fine. Did the student learn much? Some, but not nearly as much as in car instruction. The main thing is the guy had a good time, we cleaned up a few things, and he will be back. Still not a fan of lead follow other than to keep some people interested and get a few extra cars on track to make the day financially successful.
By mussberger
Luigi Vampa wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:29 am
Cuda911 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm
Leaving tomorrow for New Jersey Motrosport Park for my first race since Sebring. I cannot wait!
Don't worry Murphy has the flies on lock down
928s For Sale Thread

That's quite optimistic for an S. Very nice, but […]

Front Wiring Harness

The best time to replace the FME (Front Main Engin[…]

the top one is 34 + years old bottom one about 34[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

also just picked up the new wheel nuts that the or[…]