By Asquared
I would not have guessed the Audi and BMW would be on this list given my personal experience with Audi and from what I've heard from friends with BMWs.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/the-most-relia ... ur-experts
By XR4Tim
They picked one from each of the brands they support, and I would agree with their selections (though I would have selected older versions of each). There are plenty of Audis and BMWs that I would never put on a "reliable" list.
By TheDeckMan
MK4 1.8t and VR6 still do pretty damn well. Saab 9-3ss with the 2.0t ecotec are just about bullet proof, sold mine with 235k miles on it and it is still going very well for the owner, replaced with a V6t Aero which has way more power but sucks fuel economy wise.

B6 A4 1.8t would be my go to on bullet proof Audi's, lots of them with 250k+ miles going and going.
By Don Smith
How about the 92 to 95 URS/4/6. Solid reliable, bullet proof motors, big power potential, great seats, everything you need for blasting across the country. Or, the even greater, V8 powered S6 Plus.
XR4Tim liked this
By XR4Tim
Don Smith wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:32 pm How about the 92 to 95 URS/4/6. Solid reliable, bullet proof motors, big power potential, great seats, everything you need for blasting across the country. Or, the even greater, V8 powered S6 Plus.
The AAN 2.2 turbo is extremely solid. I loved my urS6, and would love to get an RS2 as well.
By Scott at Team Harco
Don Smith wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:32 pm How about the 92 to 95 URS/4/6. Solid reliable, bullet proof motors, big power potential, great seats, everything you need for blasting across the country. Or, the even greater, V8 powered S6 Plus.
Very nice.

We have two 94 S4s. Both are well up in miles. One has been relegated to a parts-car. I'm hoping the better of the two will successfully allow my wife to compete in (and complete) this year's Press On Regardless rally. This very car actually won the event on two previous occasions (by the previous team).

By Don Smith
Yours is very nice, also. I love, love,love the S4’s and S6’s. I have had 6 already. The RS2 is the best of the best. You owe it to yourself to try one. They are intoxicating.
The S6 Plus is a bitch slap in the face to Porsche, for not making another RS2 together. Different, but oh so quick, with that V8 rumble.
They are all special cars, like the 928’s.
Cheers
By N_Jay
My son had my dad's 2000 A6 2.8
Even with the little engine, it was a great highway cruiser. Smooth, good handling, and comfortable.
By XR4Tim
Here's my old 95.5 S6 with my wife's Passat W8:
N_Jay wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:51 am My son had my dad's 2000 A6 2.8
Even with the little engine, it was a great highway cruiser. Smooth, good handling, and comfortable.
Those 2.8s are very solid as well, and pretty easy to work on!
By NSXguy
In terms of being stone cold reliable, our (now 21 year old) S2000 has needed nothing but fluids/filters, tires and a spark plug swap in over 40K miles.
I almost hate to type such a thing, cuz' it just might tempt fate :hitfan:
By Don Smith
Yup. Honda is hard to beat, for reliability. Those are fun, driving machines.Enjoy!
NSXguy liked this
By Don Smith
XR4Tim wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:51 pm Here's my old 95.5 S6 with my wife's Passat W8:
N_Jay wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:51 am My son had my dad's 2000 A6 2.8
Those 2.8s are very solid as well, and pretty easy to work on!
Have you ever been on Quattroworld?
By Don Smith
Good bunch of guys. Very knowledgeable.
By XR4Tim
Don Smith wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:20 pm Good bunch of guys. Very knowledgeable.
Send them here :grin:
I currently have a 2010 S6, which I would also put in the reliable cars over 10 years old category. So reliable, that I've hardly had to look anything up for it!
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]