General discussions related to cars and driving
By amdavid
I like them....

Here's a Ruf based 964 modern resto-mod. Not huge on the color, but what a nice 911 for driving all the time. I've owned both a 964 and a 9934s, really, really hard for me to pick my favorite. I think I liked looking at the 993 more, but enjoyed driving the 964 more.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/113 ... n-restomod
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm I like them....

Here's a Ruf based 964 modern resto-mod. Not huge on the color, but what a nice 911 for driving all the time. I've owned both a 964 and a 9934s, really, really hard for me to pick my favorite. I think I liked looking at the 993 more, but enjoyed driving the 964 more.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/113 ... n-restomod
Love it!

Although like you, I would probably select a Lapis Blue instead of this purple.

In terms of which I enjoy the most - I'll also agree with your assessment. In fact no other car has brought such a huge smile to my face when behind the wheel than a 964. Granted I've only ridden in a G50 911 and never driven one but the 964 is tops for intoxicating driving experience.
Chaos liked this
By linderpat
I enjoy a quality resto mod, and Ruf is top of the food chain in he Porsche world for sure. I do not mind the purple, but I don't care for the rear spoiler. Too aggressive and boy racer for my taste.
By Sazerac
Looks certainly interesting. The only thing I don't like about the model shown is the dashboard and metallic paint. I really like the vintage metal gauges without any LCDs on them in the 80's 911s, and I don't like metallic paint on sports cars either. Otherwise, looks like a good ride as long as I had USD 425'000... :silenced:
But, probably at that price point, you could get any dashboard you want though, so that's kind of a non-issue.
By TheDeckMan
Personally like the RUF stuff over Singer.
Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Gary, hope all is well, and thanks for chiming in.[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

after many years of searching finally found a set […]

There were more 928s there, but I was happy to rem[…]

Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) simila[…]