8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By checkmate1996
Others may chime in but here are a few suggestions:

Let’s get some sticky announcements like the other place on upcoming events such as Amelia island etc.

Also- we can do a new member faq and just hyper link to the other thread!!😂😂😂

Also- I checked all my notification settings and my junk mail and I’m still not seeing notifications for new threads. What am I doing wrong?
By fpena944
checkmate1996 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 am Others may chime in but here are a few suggestions:

Let’s get some sticky announcements like the other place on upcoming events such as Amelia island etc.

Also- we can do a new member faq and just hyper link to the other thread!!😂😂😂

Also- I checked all my notification settings and my junk mail and I’m still not seeing notifications for new threads. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the suggestions. I just stickied the Amelia Island event, if there are any others let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Worf created a new member announcement that is currently at the top of the forum. I'll work on some FAQ talking points and post them this evening.

For the last thing, I have been getting a number of alerts that some of my emails aren't getting through the spam filters. So I'm researching that. I'll check your email in particular and see if I'm having issues with it and let you know.
By worf
checkmate1996 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 am Also- I checked all my notification settings and my junk mail and I’m still not seeing notifications for new threads. What am I doing wrong?
I turned off all email notifications except for PMs, and just rely on the ‘alert menu’. I find that makes my life easier and doesn’t fill up my inboxes.

By fpena944
worf wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 am
checkmate1996 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 am Also- I checked all my notification settings and my junk mail and I’m still not seeing notifications for new threads. What am I doing wrong?
I turned off all email notifications except for PMs, and just rely on the ‘alert menu’. I find that makes my life easier and doesn’t fill up my inboxes.

I have the exact same configuration. Since I'm on here all the time I'll see my notifications listed on the top menu and can select them individually.
By worf
fpena944 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:54 am I have the exact same configuration. Since I'm on here all the time I'll see my notifications listed on the top menu and can select them individually.
Way better than on TSTSNBN.
By checkmate1996
I do prefer email notifications because I don't have the website open all the time...thanks for looking into it!
By fpena944
checkmate1996 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:33 pm I do prefer email notifications because I don't have the website open all the time...thanks for looking into it!
Well I did find that there were some errors in my email server configuration. Got those fixed today and checked your email address in particular to see what deliverability looks like.

If you're all set up you should start receiving your notifications now. If you don't then disable the notifications, save the change, and re-enable again to see if that jump-starts it.

Let me know how it turns out!
By checkmate1996
It worked! I am now receiving notifications. Also I recently found your “contact us” form is Not working. I got locked out of my account for whatever reason saying it was inactive. When I tried to use the form it gave me a google recaptcha error but no captcha was given to enter.
By fpena944
checkmate1996 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 pm It worked! I am now receiving notifications. Also I recently found your “contact us” form is Not working. I got locked out of my account for whatever reason saying it was inactive. When I tried to use the form it gave me a google recaptcha error but no captcha was given to enter.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into that one and see if we can fix it! :eyepop:
By Gary Knox
I'd like to see posts organized into something like 'sub-'topics' on the 928 Forum.. e.g. Technical (maybe with subgroups like engine, transmission, suspension, etc.), Off Topic, Concours, Cars for Sale, etc. Prefer not to have to scroll down through a lot of posts to get to those that are of immediate interest - for example suspension bushing info by David C, Tony, et al.
By fpena944
Gary Knox wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:20 pm I'd like to see posts organized into something like 'sub-'topics' on the 928 Forum.. e.g. Technical (maybe with subgroups like engine, transmission, suspension, etc.), Off Topic, Concours, Cars for Sale, etc. Prefer not to have to scroll down through a lot of posts to get to those that are of immediate interest - for example suspension bushing info by David C, Tony, et al.
I can do that but without a lot of posts here yet it might look a bit empty on some of those. Plus moderating it can become quite involved to make sure that each topic remains in the right spot or else the categories become meaningless over time.

Keep in mind we also have tags on here where the original poster can categorize entries so that it would allow for more simple browsing. Could that serve as a substitute in the short term? See how it works below:
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
Gary Knox wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:20 pm I'd like to see posts organized into something like 'sub-'topics' on the 928 Forum.. e.g. Technical (maybe with subgroups like engine, transmission, suspension, etc.), Off Topic, Concours, Cars for Sale, etc. Prefer not to have to scroll down through a lot of posts to get to those that are of immediate interest - for example suspension bushing info by David C, Tony, et al.
TSTSNBN has existed since inception with the 928 forum as a single giant forum. There are other model specific forums that have been divided-down into sub-models and it's a dog's breakfast. You end up needing to look at 8 different forums.

Other sites, planet-9, 718forum, have sliced everything into 5-10 different forums with only the first few threads of each 'active.' I end up using the "new posts" feature on those sites just to see what's new.
By worf
We could maybe agree on a set of tags for threads. An infinite sea of tags is as useful as no tags.
By checkmate1996
Standard tags would be good. I agree - too much segmentation gets difficult to navigate ...
By Gary Knox
Here's a link to a Forum where I was a 5-6 year active participant. There were about 10 'topics', 5 of which I rarely if ever visited. It seemed to work very well for these members.

https://e9coupe.com/forum/

Members self selected where they made their posts, and were quite good at getting the new post in the appropriate topic.

Thanks for all you do to make this a growing forum for 928 enthusiasts.

Gary Knox

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]