SUVs and sedans
By amdavid
2011 Cayenne S, runs perfect, been slow starting, original battery so before total failure, we replace. No problem, change the battery, done.

However.........now my little piggy is dyeing when coming to a stop/stopped (occasionally)...will just die. Starts right back up, no problem. No CEL or any errors thrown. I figure there's a sensor that after power down, didn't come back up happy, but not sure where to start/look.

Any suggestions..? Researching is coming up all over the place.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:44 am 2011 Cayenne S, runs perfect, been slow starting, original battery so before total failure, we replace. No problem, change the battery, done.

However.........now my little piggy is dyeing when coming to a stop/stopped (occasionally)...will just die. Starts right back up, no problem. No CEL or any errors thrown. I figure there's a sensor that after power down, didn't come back up happy, but not sure where to start/look.

Any suggestions..? Researching is coming up all over the place.
Can you try to run a reset through a Durametric (or equivalent) and see if that helps clear anything up even without errors showing?

That's strange, I don't remember having to change or reset anything when we swapped out the battery on my 2011.
amdavid liked this
By amdavid
Don't have a durametric, but do have a odbII scanner. I did take it back apart to disconnect/reset again, same result....
By amdavid
This may be a case of the auto start/stop feature being enabled after the reset. Wifey is "disabling" via the dash switch...we'll see if that was the issue.
By LPMM
Something to look into is that you may have to "register" your new battery with the vehicle via coding. A lot of the newer vehicle have that stupid feature and they won't run right (i.e. weird behavior) or kill the battery fast if you fail to do it.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:26 pm This may be a case of the auto start/stop feature being enabled after the reset. Wifey is "disabling" via the dash switch...we'll see if that was the issue.
Oh yeah we permanently disabled ours as I hate that feature. I forgot that we even have it but remember how scary it was the first time it turned the engine off.
By amdavid
fpena944 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm
amdavid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:26 pm This may be a case of the auto start/stop feature being enabled after the reset. Wifey is "disabling" via the dash switch...we'll see if that was the issue.
Oh yeah we permanently disabled ours as I hate that feature. I forgot that we even have it but remember how scary it was the first time it turned the engine off.
Okay, we are getting somewhere, it does appear that was the issue. Next question, how do you "permanently disable"?....at least until there's a battery disconnect/reconnect.
By amdavid
LPMM wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:44 pm Something to look into is that you may have to "register" your new battery with the vehicle via coding. A lot of the newer vehicle have that stupid feature and they won't run right (i.e. weird behavior) or kill the battery fast if you fail to do it.
I read that too, however not the case on 2011....maybe the newer models, which makes me want to shy away from new shit even more....geez. I'm the last person that needs an auto start/stop feature on my car, hence me not even knowing it existed as a feature/option.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:34 pm
fpena944 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm
Okay, we are getting somewhere, it does appear that was the issue. Next question, how do you "permanently disable"?....at least until there's a battery disconnect/reconnect.
On my 2011 I just turned it off once and it remembered that setting. But I know that the newer ones require you to turn it off each time you turn the car back on.
By maddog2020
on the mercedes the autostop feature was disabled with a odb plug in device that I bought on ebay. the default behavior was to enable the "feature" on every startup. the module I bought on ebay forces it to remember after shutdown. You only plug it in once and run it. There was a caveat that you may need to do it again after battery replacements.

I think some models disable it when in sport mode. Can you program sport mode to key fobs on the cayenne?
By fpena944
maddog2020 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:40 pm on the mercedes the autostop feature was disabled with a odb plug in device that I bought on ebay. the default behavior was to enable the "feature" on every startup. the module I bought on ebay forces it to remember after shutdown. You only plug it in once and run it. There was a caveat that you may need to do it again after battery replacements.

I think some models disable it when in sport mode. Can you program sport mode to key fobs on the cayenne?
Unless he changed something during the battery swap his 2011 should just disable autostop indefinitely until it is re-enabled. That's the way mine is but maybe his is newer. But if so that doesn't explain why it wasn't doing it before?
By amdavid
So....once you hit the button it says in selected position....it just got reset to ON after the battery swap....all better, just 1/2 a day of wtf.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:15 am So....once you hit the button it says in selected position....it just got reset to ON after the battery swap....all better, just 1/2 a day of wtf.
Perfect. I know when I had my CTT in for service they gave me a Macan to drive. First stoplight the damn thing turns off, I'm thinking, "WTF how did this thing already die?!?" But then I remembered... :biggrin:

I'm so glad I can still "permanently" disable it with the 2011 model year.
amdavid liked this
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]