Watercooled 911s
By Gregs04.5
For those of you that have changed your headlights to something new, what did you go with? Are you happy with them? Was there an increase in useable light?
My headlights are the standard bulb, not li-tronic, and reflectors are not what they once were, as well as the lenses are in need of refinishing.
For the time being, I will refinish the lenses, but want to switch to led at some point.
So lets see what you have, or have on your wish list.

Greg.
By Scott at Team Harco
Good questions. I'd like to see good answers, too. Mine are Litronic, but the driver's side has issues. I have a kit to polish the lenses, but haven't found the time to get to it.

I will be more likely to add auxiliary lighting, if there are no inexpensive options for the OE lights.
Last edited by Scott at Team Harco on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gregs04.5
http://www.vendio.com/stores/www.xtreme ... d=49310502

There is a member on RL that used these, and liked them, may be worth a look.
1k for a set of headlights seems like a lot, but there are not too many offerings out there.

I'm seriously looking at the chrome ones, they come in black as well, but I'm not sure how they would look on a Palladium Metallic car (pale gold)

Greg.
By Scott at Team Harco
That's a bit more than I'm willing to spend, at this point. I'd be more likely to try and create my own lighting. I'd start with someone's old cast-offs for that experiment, though.
By Gregs04.5
https://www.morimotohid.com/h7-morimoto ... restrict=1

This may be an option, still not cheap. there was an article there a few months ago, that covered the install into a 996 head light, I don't see it now. Maybe on youtube, I'll look.
By Gregs04.5
I've thought about it long enough, my headlights have been refinished once already, and are yellowed again. Time for a new set, thought I'd go with these.
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm I've thought about it long enough, my headlights have been refinished once already, and are yellowed again. Time for a new set, thought I'd go with these.
That should brighten up the front end quite a bit!

When you polished them last time, did you put UV protectant on it? I ask because I polished mine years ago and then placed XPEL film over them. I've not seen any deterioration since.
By Gregs04.5
This is a pic taken last summer, they were refinished by the p.o. I suppose I could try and refinish myself, but then I'd have a set of good looking OLD headlights.
I will hang on to them, and may try an clean them up at a later date.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By TheDeckMan
Start with 600 grit and work up to 3k, then polish and then toss Lamin-X

By fpena944
TheDeckMan wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:39 pm Start with 600 grit and work up to 3k, then polish and then toss Lamin-X

What car did those come out of?

They look like 996.1 lights and I thought yours was a Turbo?
By TheDeckMan
Did my buddies .1 car that had a hazy yellow clear coat sprayed on them.
By Gregs04.5
I rubbed mine with few Benjamins, and this was the result.
Took about 3 weeks to get here, but I'm pleased with the look, and fit.
And yes, I was going to order them in chrome, but I changed my mind after looking at a few cars with black background, and I knew it had to be black.
By mussberger
That actually looks good!
By Gregs04.5
mussberger wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:51 pm That actually looks good!
Thanks, I think I'm really gonna like these lights, the fried egg look that literally no-one liked, is gone. The lower led row switches from white to amber for turn/flashers. Now just need to add high output leds for the headlights, as they come with halogen installed.
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:43 pm
Thanks, I think I'm really gonna like these lights, the fried egg look that literally no-one liked, is gone. The lower led row switches from white to amber for turn/flashers. Now just need to add high output leds for the headlights, as they come with halogen installed.
Doesn't moving to the LEDs require additional modifications or are they just plug-in?

Thankfully mine included the Xenon factory lights but when they needed replacing several years ago they were quite pricey.
By Gregs04.5
fpena944 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:49 pm
Gregs04.5 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:43 pm
Doesn't moving to the LEDs require additional modifications or are they just plug-in?

Thankfully mine included the Xenon factory lights but when they needed replacing several years ago they were quite pricey.
The addition of LEDS does require some minor mods, mostly for wire routing, and mounting the module. Still pretty much plug and play as I understand it.
I'll update when I get them and install.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]