8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By linderpat
Anybody going? What hotel should we use? The event has been moved from Hershey to Carlisle. I'll be there, and hopeful to see Otto/Robin, Stan, Steve G, Alex, and all the 928 guys. I'm sure Rick will be there too. Maybe the Columbus guys?
By fpena944
Saw it advertised on Pano and was wondering if it was the same event as Hersey or not. Looks like a huge venue.

Probably won't make it but have fond memories of going there over a decade ago.
By WyattsRide
You know I'm in. :beerchug:

We just have to find an Official 928 Motel.
By linderpat
we do Rick. We need someone from out that way to assist.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
I think I'll make it out that way. My brother does Mopar events out in Carlisle every year; he stays at the:

Comfort Inn
77 Shady Lane, Carlisle
717-706-3400
By WyattsRide
Official 928 Hotel

Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham.
15 Westminster Dr.
Carlisle, PA 17013

I called about a group rate for a block of 15 (2 queen bed) rooms at $69/night and will provide the group name and number as soon as I get the confirmation E-mail
Check in April 30th
Check out May 2nd

Everyone will have to call this number (1-800-337-0050 ) and group name - Block Porsche 928

I'm booked
By linderpat
Booked also. I had a hassle because I only wanted Friday night, and the foreign phone rep couldn't figure out at first how to deal with that. I think I'm in now for Friday only, but I will call to the actual hotel later to confirm.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
So folks will be hanging out in the parking lot at Microtel? Any Frinday dinner plans or every man for themselves? I booked a different hotel before this was all put together, so I'll be driving over to hang.

Looks like they have the People's Choice Concours - I'm planning on enterning. Current plan: my brother is driving the 928 and I'm taking my 986.

https://www.pca.org/events/porsche-only-swap-meet
By linderpat
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:16 am So folks will be hanging out in the parking lot at Microtel? Any Frinday dinner plans or every man for themselves? I booked a different hotel before this was all put together, so I'll be driving over to hang.

Looks like they have the People's Choice Concours - I'm planning on enterning. Current plan: my brother is driving the 928 and I'm taking my 986.

https://www.pca.org/events/porsche-only-swap-meet
Yes, we'll hang in the parking lot Friday evening until we figure out the lay of the land for this new venue, and then go somewhere and eat dinner. I'm guessing 6 or so, but we'll see. Then back to the parking lot until we drop. Saturday morning, we'll gather the cars in the people's choice too, I'm guessing, like always. We'll just need to figure out where it is, but I'm sure the gate volunteers will tell us. See you there!
Geza-aka-Zombo liked this
By Eplebnista
I will be there unless my trick Geza harmonic balancer hub fails and my super dampener goes flying off into a cornfield.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Eplebnista wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:26 am I will be there unless my trick Geza harmonic balancer hub fails and my super dampener goes flying off into a cornfield.
The cornfield scenario would be impossible! The pulley stack will keep it captive....would make quite a racket, though... :)

I'll be bringing the remaining 11 hubs for anyone interested...

Have a safe & enjoyable trip everyone.
By WyattsRide
Bertrand Daoust wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:36 am Have a great weekend guys.

Drive safely and have fun!

:beerchug:
Thanks Brother! Loading up the car right now. Can't wait. My wife says I'm so excited that "I'm Pissing my pants" :roflmao:
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By linderpat
Rick Rick Rick :roflmao:

Bertrand -I really hope that border opens for Frenzy! It's been too long my friend :beerchug:
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By Bertrand Daoust
It's been two years but feels like ten! :(

I think the border will be open by September.
Vaccination is finally going good now here.
That's what will make things change I think...

Anyway, don't forget to post some pictures for all of us that can't be there!
Always nice to see familiar faces... And cars! :)

Cheers and have fun guys! :beerchug:
By checkmate1996
Have fun everyone!
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]