8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By N_Jay
Shifted wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:24 pm I placed another order through FCP Euro (http://fcpeuro.com), this time for a brake rotor. Not only was their price significantly lower than anywhere else, but their "slowest" free shipping has the rotor on track to arrive at my place by Sunday. Two calendar days after I placed the order. That's pretty amazing for such a great price and for something heavy like a rotor.

They also offer lifetime replacement on parts that you purchase through them. It appears to also apply to brake pads, since they have photos of used ones in their lifetime replacement literature:

https://lifetime.fcpeuro.com/

Just another place to consider for parts as prices, rarity and poor customer service are on the rise. FCP Euro has been good to deal with so far, including responsive customer service.
I have used them for years.

Always great service and good parts, and often close to if not the best prices.
By worf
How does a business that offers free replacement of wear items (e.g. brake pads and rotors) stay in business? How do they manage the risk and plan for the expensive of that model?

I have used FCPEuro from time-to-time. But, because of the above, I am very cautious and very selective.

If it’s too good to be true then it is usually not true.

Google’s not free. InstaTwitBook isn’t free. FCPEuro’s free replacement wear parts aren’t free.
By N_Jay
Most of what I have purchased was before they were pushing the lifetime warranty, so their prices could have gone up some.
I have called them on the phone to get parts advice, so that is also a value above bottom dollar.
By Crumpler
I have only purchased kits from them, don’t get me started on the breather design for Volvo’s.

But service was good, shipping was consistent.
By Scott at Team Harco
We have a Volvo V70 R, a few Audis and a bunch of Porsches. I spread my parts buying money around to many vendors.

FCP has always been good at meeting my needs. Reliable and efficient, in my mind.
By XR4Tim
worf wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:09 pm How does a business that offers free replacement of wear items (e.g. brake pads and rotors) stay in business? How do they manage the risk and plan for the expensive of that model?

I have used FCPEuro from time-to-time. But, because of the above, I am very cautious and very selective.

If it’s too good to be true then it is usually not true.

Google’s not free. InstaTwitBook isn’t free. FCPEuro’s free replacement wear parts aren’t free.
I would guess that they pay a small fee per part sold to company that backs the warranty. That money is likely reinsured. The risk is not bad, since most wear items are not worth the cost to return and wait time for replacements, but I would absolutely buy brake rotors from them if I had a 955/957 Cayenne Turbo S. They are also betting that the average person doesn't keep a car long enough to use the warranty on most items.
I used to work for ECS Tuning, and currently work for a warranty administrator, and have discussed similar options with ECS.

We offer lifetime powertrain warranties through certain auto dealers and it works the same way. A fee is paid on each vehicle sold, which goes into an account. Most vehicles never have a claim because the vehicle changes hands or other requirements aren't met, but some vehicles are out there with 400k miles and $20k in claims paid.
worf liked this
By worf
XR4Tim wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:51 pm I would guess that they pay a small fee per part sold to company that backs the warranty. That money is likely reinsured. The risk is not bad, since most wear items are not worth the cost to return and wait time for replacements, but I would absolutely buy brake rotors from them if I had a 955/957 Cayenne Turbo S. They are also betting that the average person doesn't keep a car long enough to use the warranty on most items.
I used to work for ECS Tuning, and currently work for a warranty administrator, and have discussed similar options with ECS.

We offer lifetime powertrain warranties through certain auto dealers and it works the same way. A fee is paid on each vehicle sold, which goes into an account. Most vehicles never have a claim because the vehicle changes hands or other requirements aren't met, but some vehicles are out there with 400k miles and $20k in claims paid.
Solid explanation. :thumbup:

BTW, ECS Tuning is another company I do business with. Also a good company (as far as I know.)
Bring A Trailer finds

no it doesn't Right, so the Shelby Do[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]