8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Just completed replacing the broken door handle on the left side using the write-ups available elsewhere (see attached pdf). Was a bit of a PITA, but not too bad - took my time, no rush. I did have a few breakthroughs I though I'd share (see pic below):

1) Built a chute using that pink foam rubber (could be cardboard) and blue tape to direct dropped hardware out the door, instead of down into the door.

2) To get that inner handle screw started, I took a flat blade screwdriver that would fit thru that bracket hole, wrapped it in some blue tape so the cap screw would stick on it and actually screwed it in to near tight using the screwdriver - followed up with the right angle hex wrench. Worked great, but took me a bit of time to develop the approach. Perhaps a ball end hex wrench would work too, but I don't have any.

Everything works as it should and no parts left over!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shifted liked this
By worf
Didja put the anti-theft plate back in? :hiding:
ROG100 liked this
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Yes, was not a problem at all. You have to get it into the door frame with the window up. Tape it to the door frame. Lower the window and it slips right into place. Tightening the 13mm bolt is a bit of a pain as it requires a mirror to see while working the wrench when tightening.
By worf
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:58 pm Yes, was not a problem at all. You have to get it into the door frame with the window up. Tape it to the door frame. Lower the window and it slips right into place. Tightening the 13mm bolt is a bit of a pain as it requires a mirror to see while working the wrench when tightening.
So, you did put it back in. Good for you! (I always do. I couldn’t sleep at night if I left off parts...)
Geza-aka-Zombo liked this
By linderpat
What's the benefit of putting the anti-theft plate back in? I've been thinking of removing them from my sharks, so if I lock the keys in, I can get in without an issue. Nobody is stealing my car.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Just the principle of the thing. There would be a visible hole in the door, but I suppose one could plug it with a plastic snap in. I don't think I'd want to jam anything down in there - too much stuff to possibly bugger up.
By SeanR
Had a customer who was waiting while I replaced his inner handle on his GTS one day, was in a hurry and didn't put the theft plate back in. He called me a couple of weeks later to thank me for not putting it back in, he had locked his keys in it while in Colorado and the locksmith swore he'd not be able to break in to the car as he'd tried a couple of times on 928s before. When he was told that it would easier since I didn't put it in, the guy got it unlocked in a few minutes. Very happy couple of people.

BTW, it's easy to fashion a coat hanger to open the doors on these cars, just model it after the factory tool in a sort of U pattern and you can push the lock button up.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]