8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By SeanR
Very nice find. I've been buying all the old ones I come across so I've got a decent stock of them, but having a new valve would be fantastic. If you try it out, please keep us updated.
By worf
Nice!
By jschiller
Can you post an Ebay link for this item?
By jschiller
Thanks for the link! I don't need the valves but they are priced so good it wouldn't hurt to have a few on hand for the future. That's when I'll worry about how to mount them :joy:
By Landseer
I think it's another extremely useful thread, breaking new ground. During winter I intend to use it to fix brown car.

So far, in 13 years of ownership, I've never had one with properly working hvac. Really want! I have new diaphragms. Going to see if I can order these solenoids now preemptively. Need fan too, then.

Much appreciated, very well described.
By Landseer
Yup. Along with the squeaking brakes. And cracked tires. It seemed to run well at speed. But really hot in cabin. And vac leak was killing my low end pickup.

Little by little. Have a place to work finally.
By jschiller
Shifted: I've got 5 of these on order so I'd love to see how you mounted them. Alternatively, if you are going to producing the mounting brackets, I'd take a set.
By The Fat Man
Shifted, I am in for a set of the valves/brackets/whatever/etc...if you produce them!
Thanks for taking the time to sort this out. :bowdown:
By Hey_Allen
Thanks for posting this, I have a set of valves on order was well.

With my 928 being a neglected 78 model, just about everything rubber or electrical had degraded, so this is just good insurance to plan for the worst.
By Hey_Allen
I understand project backlog all too well.

I actually ordered the ones without the mounting holes and plan to try making a clamp bracket to sandwich the whole set between a couple strips of material.

Either aluminum or steel if the frame end up being on the front and back, or phenolic board and rubber, if the coils are the exposed part.
By Hey_Allen
Will do, at least once they show up, and I get through the other projects. :biggrin:

I currently have the dash all apart for other reasons, so this will probably end up being done as a small project along the way, when I'm annoyed with or stuck on one of the larger ones...
Last edited by Hey_Allen on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shifted liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]