Four cylinder transaxle cars
By Voith
Because no forum is complete without this section :)

20191029_161309_93ffb3778e94a6c39fe49d79412b1f6bd2c1f53d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By amdavid
Again, everyone likes pics, here's mine (S2). Have some MY02 996/Boxster S wheels I'm in the process of making look pretty.
p1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
Here is my old 1991 944 S2 cabrio. What a wonderful car it was!

Sold it about 12 years ago. Wonder where it is these days?
IMG_2705.JPG
By amdavid
Getting these ready for install. :)
B925A026-FE8E-49D0-B709-33BD6237BFF6.jpg
By BeerBurner
Still plugging along with 191k miles. :)

BB.
911Königin liked this
By alex
Getting ready for complete front end reseal, as well as plug/valve cover gasket replacement, cam chain/pad replacement. After that, clutch and toque tube bearings. Then on to some aesthetic items.
PSFix_20181229_194732__01.jpg
amdavid liked this
By Scott at Team Harco
It's just about time to get back to the engine build on my S2 (Stu). Things got in the way over the last couple of years.

This was from a few years ago. This was at 944Fest at Nelson Ledges. My wife's car is on the trailer. We pulled the head while at the Fest and discovered a broken valve spring (we broke it the year before while on the track). Our buddy's 968 is in the background.

Here's a fun shot. Stu was a good farm vehicle. Here, I am on the front of the horse barn installing an antenna.

Last edited by Scott at Team Harco on Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
911Königin liked this
By amdavid
I got Stu2. Cool, thanks for sharing.

Looks like you like to dive deep, something I admire. I've got no issues attacking anything but motor problems/issues/rebuilds. I'd like to change that in the future, hence me following the 996 rebuild.
By Scott at Team Harco
amdavid wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:59 pm I got Stu2. Cool, thanks for sharing.

Looks like you like to dive deep, something I admire. I've got no issues attacking anything but motor problems/issues/rebuilds. I'd like to change that in the future, hence me following the 996 rebuild.
I have always tried to fix anything I can. Buying well used cars and fixing them up has been a hobby (passion?). I bought Stu for $2000. It had a dead cylinder. The guy that had it didn't have the time or motivation to discover the problem and fix it. I did.

It turned out to be a broken valve spring!

Now it's on an engine stand waiting for the head to go back on. It overheated a few too many times and damaged the head gasket. Look for a new thread when I get back into that one.
By amdavid
Great price for an S2. Looking forward to following............."Stu back to OR life!"
By Landseer
Next father son project.

He sold the last one out from under me after we got it running, a blue uber low mile s2.

Hopefully this white 89 hangs around a while! Any of you guys got general coaching on what I need check out first on this thing?
By Scott at Team Harco
Waterpump and timing belt - you know this already.

Compression check.

Fluids.

Drive it, and figure out what else it needs.
By amdavid
+ sniff/visual for fuel leaks.

Scott at Team Harco wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:15 pm Waterpump and timing belt - you know this already.

Compression check.

Fluids.

By Scott at Team Harco
amdavid wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:52 pm + sniff/visual for fuel leaks.

Scott at Team Harco wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:15 pm Waterpump and timing belt - you know this already.

Compression check.

Fluids.

Good call. Injector seals or cracked injectors are definite concerns on these cars. That and the fuel lines. There have been way too many "thermal events" caused by aged/ cracked fuel lines.
By Gregs04.5
I have a brand new, old stock, 944 flywheel. I don't have any pics of it, but if anyone is interested, let me know. This was fits a 1984 model, may fit others, but I'm not sure what years.
TIA, Greg
By Landseer
Thanks for input on 951.
Fuel. Intake job. TB/WP.

Noticed burnt wires on a pair of big round resistors on firewall, maybe fan speed resistors?

Have a blown cartridge shock, pass side front. Tire contacted top of wheel well liner too. Car sts too low in front on both sides

Will post more specific questions and pics in future.

White, quality repaint, cleaned up nice
By Landseer
Thanks for input on 951.
Fuel. Intake job. TB/WP.

Noticed burnt wires on a pair of big round resistors on firewall, maybe fan speed resistors?

Have a blown cartridge shock, pass side front. Tire contacted top of wheel well liner too. Car sts too low in front on both sides

Will post more specific questions and pics in future.

White, quality repaint, cleaned up nice
By amdavid
^^How's it going?

Post for lack of action. The OR is truly that for the 944 folks.
By Landseer
Cleaned up the paint. Making a list of parts needed.

Comes on boost a little late, thinking vac leak under the intake. I think the CPS wire is screwed up, need to wiggle to get it to start.

Need trans cooling line o ring or gasket where it meets back of transmission. Needs an oil pan crush washer.

Intend to replace right axle tomorrow night.

Somehow son found an OEM NOS dashboard, but we will deal with that later.

I think this one is going to be strong
By amdavid
Excellent, do share when appropriate.
By sh944
Bump…. Any updates?
By SeaCay
sh944 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm Bump…. Any updates?
New thread about my Classic 9 interior.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:17 pm Finally got my updated wheels on....I'm really happy with the way it looks now. :biggrin:

Wow that does not look like a 30+ year old car!
amdavid, Skyhawk172 liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]