Boats, Planes, Motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and all other fun non-automotive vehicles
By sh944
Landing spot for motorcycle discussions...
Flat6Noise liked this
By sh944
My current fleet...
E9A18F13-8525-43C8-8F6C-469B1133FC32.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David993S, Flat6Noise liked this
By amdavid
It's no Harley, but it IS fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flat6Noise liked this
By Paddlefoot64
Now we’ll really test whether freedom exists here or not! Not a huge Harley fan. Love the old ones, like late 40s. Have 3 bikes, but favorite is my Ducati SS.
Flat6Noise liked this
By JustBud
Paddlefoot64 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:19 am Now we’ll really test whether freedom exists here or not! Not a huge Harley fan. Love the old ones, like late 40s. Have 3 bikes, but favorite is my Ducati SS.

Sure does..... Here's my Harley and my Duc (had to sell due to divorce and kids college tuition)
Flat6Noise liked this
By Cuda911
My bike. '86 Suzuki. I bought it new. Only has 14,000 miles on it (stopped riding much after the kids were born).
Flat6Noise liked this
By Airkuhl
I do miss mine, sold it a few years ago to fund a 911 restoration.
IMG_0033.JPG
Flat6Noise liked this
By dryadsdad
For me, the most interesting topic in bikes today is how HD is going to dig itself out of the hole its in. The new, now permanent, CEO seems to have canceled or delayed the streetfighter and is pushing the Adv model. I have a difficult time seeing HD succeed in this segment because while it wasn't looking, the segment matured. There are established players and themes that I can't see HD breaking into.

The other segment, the BEV one, I can see HD winning since it's early to the game so the ball is still very much in play. I don't think the $32k or so LiveWire was the right into. IMO, the big twin boys aren't going to be switching to BEV and those who may be switching have no allegiance to the HD brand.
By milrad
18 Road King Special
84EF91D0-289C-4E68-8AB8-CC98C93FBB13.jpeg
Flat6Noise, amdavid liked this
By jcnesq
For when I'm not driving my Porsches:
Flat6Noise liked this
By Johnny Five
Nice stuff here. I like motor scooters. My old posts didn’t migrate over:
amdavid, Flat6Noise liked this
By sh944
So, now that you are married, are you still parking your bikes in the kitchen? :grinning:
lupo.sk, amdavid liked this
By Flat6Noise
Great thread! I’m in the garage right now working on my Ultra Classic (just clay bar, wax, and a dual usb charger where the cig lighter formerly lived).

This is my customized 95’ FLSTN Softail. This was above Lake Elsinore at the turnout. Mandatory sandwich and beer in a paper bag, of course ;). I just ditched those low bars last week in favor of 18” apes. No photos yet. Total game changer for my old, creaky back. Waaay more comfortable now. I used modified 1-1/4” diameter handlebar 2020 Road Glide clamps, just in case anyone else is interested in tall bars while using the lowest riser assembly possible (that I could figure out, anyway).
fpena944, sh944, amdavid liked this
By amdavid
Just got my M1 license after passing the DMV driving test....hallelujah! Been permit riding for the last year or so, feels good to be legit. Will post more pics of my silly boy bikes, not tough boy HD's like you guys roll. :rockon:
Flat6Noise liked this
By Flat6Noise
amdavid wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:27 pm Just got my M1 license after passing the DMV driving test....hallelujah! Been permit riding for the last year or so, feels good to be legit. Will post more pics of my silly boy bikes, not tough boy HD's like you guys roll. :rockon:
Congratulations on the M1!
And there’s no such thing as “silly boy bikes.” Anything with two wheels and an engine is golden. It’s all about the fun factor. I ride my bikes more frequently than I drive my cars. It’s as close to the feeling of being a kid riding a bicycle on a never ending downhill as it gets. :beerchug:
amdavid liked this
By Gretch
Flat6Noise liked this
By Flat6Noise
amdavid wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:43 pm I hate that I like this thing so much...

I have a 3.5 mile commute, hence the little boy scooter.

It’s got a rack on the back big enough for a 12-pack. What’s not to like about that? :beerchug:
But the only thing that scares me would be if it’s running slower than the speed of traffic.
By amdavid
@Flat6Noise, agreed on the keeping up speed, however I stay on 35mph and under streets in a small town. If I need two wheels to get around faster, I go with the below. If I'm getting out on the "road", you know what I'll be driving. :grin:

Flat6Noise liked this
By Flat6Noise
amdavid wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:32 pm @Flat6Noise, agreed on the keeping up speed, however I stay on 35mph and under streets in a small town. If I need two wheels to get around faster, I go with the below. If I'm getting out on the "road", you know what I'll be driving. :grin:

I get it. That makes sense.

And I like the TW200. I have one of those, too. But my 1999 model is older than yours. I’m hoping to pull it out of storage this weekend and put a new battery in it.
By amdavid
@Flat6Noise the TW is one fun ride, gotta love'em. I hope you have replaced your front tire...? this pic doesn't show the replacement I installed, all I can say is the bike feels so much safer on the road, I really hated the "trail wing"....aka death wing.
By Gretch
I need to replace both tires on my Harley........... just because of age........

and if I do that maybe will be motivated to ride it some more...........

:surrender:

Being "busy" blows................. shitty excuse for not doing the things I love......... DAMMIT!
Last edited by Gretch on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By amdavid
Gretch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:31 pm I need to replace both tires on my Harley........... just because of age........

Beinf "busy" blows................. shitty excuse for not doing the things I love......... DAMMIT!
Do it, dammit! Nothing like new shoes on the 2 wheeler (or any such ride with tires)....and the "rainy" summer is a much better scues.
By Airkuhl
Gretch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:31 pm I need to replace both tires on my Harley........... just because of age........

Being "busy" blows................. shitty excuse for not doing the things I love......... DAMMIT!
I suspect you've been fortunate in your life, and with fortune comes the luxury of time. As someone who has been "shown the exit", I strongly recommend that you get those tires on, go for a ride on a crisp late summer day, and savor every second of it. The ONLY thing in the world that is inarguable is that life is short.
Gretch, Flat6Noise liked this
By sh944
Gretch, get those tires yet?? This was taken while I was at Sturgis this year, heading towards Mt. Rushmore.

amdavid liked this
By Gretch
sh944 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:12 pm Gretch, get those tires yet?? This was taken while I was at Sturgis this year, heading towards Mt. Rushmore.

nope................ I dis charge up the battery this past spring and fire it up........... Sadly that is as far as I got............

Thinking about a ride, lately............ I really need to get my mojo back..........
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]