Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By fpena944
This guy is the epitome of cool!
Text Snippet
Age is just a number, they say. Well, that’s not entirely accurate but to a very high degree, it’s true. Regardless of your age, a youthful spirit can make wonders to your mind and body and we love seeing people who are still young by spirit. And drive cars, of course.

Today’s hero is currently 80 years old and drives his car virtually every day - even in the rainy and cold ones. And his car is not just a normal front-wheel-drive hatchback but one of the greatest supercars of all times. It’s a striking red Ferrari F40 which 80-year-old John Clower still loves to drive.

And he really, really enjoys it. Putting those 472 ponies to work puts a big smile on John’s face and feeds his youthful spirit with positive emotions. We can only wish we’d be so in tune with motoring life at that age.

But John is much more than just an F40 driver. He is a true Ferrari enthusiast and has had 15 or 16 Ferraris in the past. More recently, as he explains in the video, he’s diversified into Lamborghini and his son even owns a Murcielago SV. John seems to like the Aventador very much but is not especially happy with its dimensions - “it’s just too wide and too big, I think.”
By Airkuhl
My old boss used to rally his F40. Plenty of articles about him and the car out there. He put a lot of hard miles on it, although his DD was a 360.
He didn't like the F40 as a DD because it took so long to properly warm up and cool down for his short 5 mile commute. So he only drove it to the office on Friday's.
By fpena944
Airkuhl wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:27 pm My old boss used to rally his F40. Plenty of articles about him and the car out there. He put a lot of hard miles on it, although his DD was a 360.
He didn't like the F40 as a DD because it took so long to properly warm up and cool down for his short 5 mile commute. So he only drove it to the office on Friday's.
Given that most of these cars are garage queens, I wonder what the impact is on value compared to something with ultra-low miles?
By lupo.sk
fpena944 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:50 am
Airkuhl wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:27 pm My old boss used to rally his F40. Plenty of articles about him and the car out there. He put a lot of hard miles on it, although his DD was a 360.
Given that most of these cars are garage queens, I wonder what the impact is on value compared to something with ultra-low miles?
Value to whom? People who DD it do it because they have FU money or just want to enjoy life.
By E55AMG
Good for him.
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:32 pm
Value to whom? People who DD it do it because they have FU money or just want to enjoy life.
Oh trust me I'm completely with this guy as I don't believe in owning museum pieces. But I wonder if you placed his car next to another unused F40 in an auction, what kind of difference in sales price would we see.

I sometimes laugh about the perceived value of my 911 since I have close to 200k miles on it!
By Louis de Funes
fpena944 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:55 pm This guy is the epitome of cool!
Text Snippet
Age is just a number, they say. Well, that’s not entirely accurate but to a very high degree, it’s true. Regardless of your age, a youthful spirit can make wonders to your mind and body and we love seeing people who are still young by spirit. And drive cars, of course.

Today’s hero is currently 80 years old and drives his car virtually every day - even in the rainy and cold ones. And his car is not just a normal front-wheel-drive hatchback but one of the greatest supercars of all times. It’s a striking red Ferrari F40 which 80-year-old John Clower still loves to drive.

And he really, really enjoys it. Putting those 472 ponies to work puts a big smile on John’s face and feeds his youthful spirit with positive emotions. We can only wish we’d be so in tune with motoring life at that age.

But John is much more than just an F40 driver. He is a true Ferrari enthusiast and has had 15 or 16 Ferraris in the past. More recently, as he explains in the video, he’s diversified into Lamborghini and his son even owns a Murcielago SV. John seems to like the Aventador very much but is not especially happy with its dimensions - “it’s just too wide and too big, I think.”
the smile on his face is pricless

as for value personally I would not care - Life is to short - enjoy it while it lasts
By David993S
I've never bought any car, including my Ferraris, as an investment. I have made money on some of them, but it was purely coincidence. Drive them and enjoy them. There's that old expression about not driving your Ferrari : "Not driving your Ferrari to keep the mileage low for the next owner is like not having sex with your girlfriend to save her for her next boyfriend."

I use to mostly daily drive my 328 in my younger days. Wonderful little car. Why not enjoy it?

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Monthly Breakfast[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Hi Fred, I'm changing the two rear brake lines fo[…]

Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

My age and mobility has led me to decide to sell m[…]

Nothing important, but it struck me this morni[…]