8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By maddog2020
I'm trying to install my leather covered sunroof cover for the 1st time (done by Paul Champagne back in 2007) and it seems too thick. Can someone take a look at their sunroof cover, and just poke it with their finger to see if there is any foam under the leather or vinyl? This one seems awfully puffy and thick. It has 1/4 thick foam underneath the leather and it' s preventing me from even sliding it in under the sunroof. I'm going to be really cranky if I have to peel the leather off, and recover this thing after all of these years. I'm especially cranky about some of the corners Paul cut when he did my seats. :banghead:
By worf
Are you sure the problem isn’t a saggy headliner?

I just installed my re-re-fixed cover yesterday. I’m pretty sure there’s no foam between the plastic and vinyl.

But, I’ll double check presently.
By worf
Yeah. No padding. But, unless the padding wraps around the perimeter and onto the interior surface I don't see how it could effect the fitment.
By maddog2020
the padding doubled the thickness of the cover. I peeled off the leather, and scraped the leather and adhesive off the metal cover and reglued the leather. problem solved. If the cover is too thick it wont fit.
The 928 Photo Thread

just made a reproduction of a 92850533300, front[…]

What is XR4Tim Working On?

Doing a ton of work on this E92 M3. All of the su[…]

928s For Sale Thread

Yes, and the edge-broken-up AC temp sensor inlet a[…]

I'll be there, just late Friday night. Anyone have[…]