Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
I finally got around to updating the software and come to find out it wasn't even necessary :banghead:

The reason why is because Imgur is no longer accepting the API uploads we were using so now I'm using a service called Gyazo.

The process still works the same, you go into "Upload Image" and select the file you want to upload. But whereas the last one would show the file placed inline, this one requires you to "View Preview" to see where it's going to place it and move it if needed. If you're only posting an image though you can immediately go right to "Submit"

Also I am aware that the location of the avatars is not in the traditional location and some of the photos are super-sized. Working on that still so I'll put up another announcement when I'm done with that.

Let me know if any issues.
By fpena944
The forum layout should be fixed now.

As mentioned in my announcement, if it isn't then delete your browser cache and it should restore the "traditional" layout we're all used to!
By AKSteve
fpena944 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 am The forum layout should be fixed now.

As mentioned in my announcement, if it isn't then delete your browser cache and it should restore the "traditional" layout we're all used to!
Did that and things seem mostly ok, except avatars are still quite small. Yours in particular is tiny.

By Scott at Team Harco
Top Jimmy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:35 pm Maybe I missed this, but what happened to the feature they let you go to the first unread post since your last visit?

-TJ

I think that feature still exists. It's the white *, at the beginning of a given thread.

Two features I see missing, are the red dot to indicate that one has posted within a thread. And two, the arrow on the far right that allows you to go to the last post of a given thread.
By fpena944
AKSteve wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:21 pm
fpena944 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 am The forum layout should be fixed now.

Did that and things seem mostly ok, except avatars are still quite small. Yours in particular is tiny.

There might be either something still not completely cleared on your browser or maybe I need to add some additional CSS to address a specific type of browser.

Here is what it looks like from my screen:

Top Jimmy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:35 pm Maybe I missed this, but what happened to the feature they let you go to the first unread post since your last visit?

-TJ
That's still there. Are you accessing from mobile? Because it's possible that my changes may have not added that one back on in mobile but on desktop it is there.
By AKSteve
fpena944 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:03 pm There might be either something still not completely cleared on your browser or maybe I need to add some additional CSS to address a specific type of browser.
I think it's a Mac Safari thing. I created a fresh guest user on my system just for web browsing and avatars are still quite a bit smaller than before. I can use the "Command +" feature to increase text size and avatars will also increase in size. But before the avatar ever gets to the old size, it will just totally disappear after text size has been increased beyond a certain level.
By Scott at Team Harco
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:59 pm

-TJ

I think that feature still exists. It's the white *, at the beginning of a given thread.

Two features I see missing, are the red dot to indicate that one has posted within a thread. And two, the arrow on the far right that allows you to go to the last post of a given thread.

By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:13 pm

-TJ

Good catch!

Researching...
By fpena944
Kigiin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:13 pm Can I change this puke green - I cleared cache and still puke green?

Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 1.15.46 PM.png
That is really weird as when I go to a different browser on my machine I get the same funky colors.

Ok trying to figure this one out too!
By fpena944
Kigiin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:13 pm Can I change this puke green - I cleared cache and still puke green?

I think this one is fixed. Can you try the clearing of cache again if you don't see it resolved?
By Top Jimmy
fpena944 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:03 pm

-TJ
That's still there. Are you accessing from mobile? Because it's possible that my changes may have not added that one back on in mobile but on desktop it is there.
Was accessing on my phone using safari. Cleared the data history and still not there. I haven’t looked using a computer browser yet.

-TJ
By Kigiin
fpena944 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:19 pm

I think this one is fixed. Can you try the clearing of cache again if you don't see it resolved?
Yes sir, thank you
By fpena944
NSXguy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:18 pm I used to be able to post an image by copying it from elsewhere and pasting it into the message body....but that no longer seems to work (?)
Yeah I noticed that as well.

See this is why I held off doing this update for the longest time. I need to figure out a better way going forward as this sucks.

Will research and see what I can do. Apologies all for the inconveniences!
By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:13 pm

-TJ

Top Jimmy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:35 pm
fpena944 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:03 pm

-TJ
Was accessing on my phone using safari. Cleared the data history and still not there. I haven’t looked using a computer browser yet.

-TJ
NSXguy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:18 pm I used to be able to post an image by copying it from elsewhere and pasting it into the message body....but that no longer seems to work (?)
Hey all,

I haven't had a chance to get this done as I'm heading out of town for a couple of days and ran out of time today. (School trip with the kid to the coast)

It'll probably be this weekend before I can get this resolved as I won't have access to a computer until then.

My apologies but appreciate your patience, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can!
By 911Königin
Hey Chief! I am unable to change my avatar ~ it says General Error??????????
By fpena944
911Königin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm Hey Chief! I am unable to change my avatar ~ it says General Error??????????
I'm going to have to reset some settings in the database to troubleshoot this. It'll be this evening. Sorry for the delay!
By fpena944
911Königin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm Hey Chief! I am unable to change my avatar ~ it says General Error??????????
Ugh I think something got corrupted as I'm seeing the general error in other areas as well.

I need some more time to troubleshoot. I'll keep you posted on where things are.
Just got myself a Cayenne

Yep, I agree. It looks great! The Porsche Coupe S[…]

Raptor R Release (July 18)

I talked to the service advisor today and it turns[…]

The 928 Photo Thread

just obtained the near unobtanium :thumbup: 2[…]

The latest input from the Jag forum has to do wi[…]