Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
By tooloud10
Anyone have any experience with the Ineos Grenadier SUVs? They're certainly intriguing, look very cool, and should have a reasonably reliable powertrain (BMW B58 and ZF 8-speed), but the suspension probably makes it a little sloppy for a DD.

Trying to figure out exactly how crazy of an idea this would really be. :roflmao:
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By i am not a traitor
tooloud10 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm Anyone have any experience with the Ineos Grenadier SUVs? They're certainly intriguing, look very cool, and should have a reasonably reliable powertrain (BMW B58 and ZF 8-speed), but the suspension probably makes it a little sloppy for a DD.

Trying to figure out exactly how crazy of an idea this would really be. :roflmao:

image.png
I think you know the answer to that....but that also means you should do it. :lol2:

Just doing my part to help friends make less than good decisions. :beerchug:
By lupo.sk
It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offroader with 2 solid axles, reduction gearing and 3 lockers. You can walk on the roof, it can come with a snorkel from factory etc.

I liked it a lot - drove it on a small offroad course, it’s nice and is REALLY good offroad. I think the only thing missing is disconnectable swaybars. I drove it with a diesel tho as most sold in yerp are diesels (also a bmw straight 6).
By ranger22
Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW metroplex. I’m starting to see them all over the place. I talked to a neighbor with one and he loved it, though he may have still been in the honeymoon period. I’m guessing they ride like shit, which is a big no no for a daily driver in my book.
By tooloud10
Yeah, I'm envisioning that it's the kind of vehicle that needs to be 'herded' down a highway...
By N_Jay
It's a bargain. As ugly as a G-Wagon at 1/2 the price.
By ranger22
I saw one with paper plate going past me slowly in a parking lot. It was making this whining sound like and accessory belt whine. Can’t say if that is the norm, but not a good impression on a new car.
By i am not a traitor
tooloud10 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:46 am Yeah, I'm envisioning that it's the kind of vehicle that needs to be 'herded' down a highway...
Did you watch the Doug Demuro review of the Grenadier? I watched it over the weekend and it has one weir "quirk" that would likely be a deal breaker for me. The steering doesn't auto center when taking a turn. Seems like it would be rather annoying as a daily driver.
By lupo.sk
ranger22 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm I saw one with paper plate going past me slowly in a parking lot. It was making this whining sound like and accessory belt whine. Can’t say if that is the norm, but not a good impression on a new car.
Or someone was testing the 3 lockers…
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]