Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
General discussions related to cars and driving
By Crisis
Very tempting early 928. Even a 5 speed with a pasha interior. And located in Canada, which usually keeps the bids down.

Unfortunately, I’m still at least a couple years away from having enough free time to work on this. I do however, have a son in Ontario with a job modifying vehicles and access to shop space….

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-porsche-928-57/
By NSXguy
Crisis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:55 pm Very tempting early 928. Even a 5 speed with a pasha interior. And located in Canada, which usually keeps the bids down.

Unfortunately, I’m still at least a couple years away from having enough free time to work on this. I do however, have a son in Ontario with a job modifying vehicles and access to shop space….

I hope that shark gets restored, but am sure glad it won't be by ME :roflmao:
By Crisis
NSXguy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:18 pm
Crisis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:55 pm Very tempting early 928. Even a 5 speed with a pasha interior. And located in Canada, which usually keeps the bids down.

I hope that shark gets restored, but am sure glad it won't be by ME :roflmao:
Not going to be me, either. Everyone that I've discussed this with tells me what I already know - "That would be a terrible idea".

All those people also already saw me soak a u-boat full of money into a previous 928 over the course of 10 years. They're right of course, but that doesn't make me want it any less.
NSXguy liked this
By Crisis
The 1978 928 project ended up selling for $9,100. Would love to see it in a finished state.
By JustBud
1951 Porsche 356 Pre-A Split-Window Coupe

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Somebody buy this and let me live vicariously through you, please.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-porsche-356-2/
By Crisis
The 1951 Split Window 356 is part of a collection of 6 Porsches (5 classic) being sold on BaT. This is Part 4 of their "Gruppe B" offerings. There are links to parts 1-3 in the first paragraph of the link below. WARNING: Clicking on those links will lead you down rabbit holes full of great cars. I can't be responsible for how much time you may spend online.

https://bringatrailer.com/2024/02/26/ba ... us-walker/
By Crisis
NSXguy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:42 pm I always liked the Mazdaspeed version of the Miata, but even with the turbo it was still 60hp shy of its direct competitor the S2000.
And 112hp less than my Solstice GXP with the dealer-installed GMPP tune. While the Solstice isn’t as good as the Miata in most ways, being able to light ‘em up is still a lot of juvenile fun.
NSXguy liked this
By NSXguy
I remember considering a 164 back when they came to the USA, and Danny Sullivan was driving for Alfa on the Indycar circuit.
We instead ended up with a 944, that we enjoyed for 20 years!
Good times :thumbup:
By XR4Tim
NSXguy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:48 am I remember considering a 164 back when they came to the USA, and Danny Sullivan was driving for Alfa on the Indycar circuit.
Can't fault you for choosing a 944. It's 780 better than a 164 :biggrin:

I have an Italian market 164 with a 2.0 liter turbo V6. A friend of mine has a 968, and we've been talking about racing each other since the cars put out very similar power, but using completely different approaches. Small displacement turbo V6 with FWD versus a large displacement naturally aspirated 4-cylinder with RWD. Should be a fun experiment!
NSXguy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:48 am I remember considering a 164 back when they came to the USA, and Danny Sullivan was driving for Alfa on the Indycar circuit.
Are you sure that wasn't F1? Never mind.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Scott at Team Harco on Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crisis
^^^ No kidding. A one year old MC20 is going for the same price as a new Corvette Z06.
By linderpat
ranger22 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:38 pm Similar to the way those Aston’s depreciate, the Maserati MC20 is just taking a nose dive on resale. I can’t believe the prices that these are selling. They are gorgeous to my eyes. Perhaps they are a bum to drive.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2022- ... i-mc20-46/
That sure is a beautiful car though. I saw one the other night at the shop where I hang out for Friday happy hour - it was like a dove blue color. Really a spectacular looking car. And watching that Chris Harris Top Gun video in the BaT thread makes me think it has the chops to back up the looks. If'n I had the wherewithal, that car would be very high on my radar.
By Crisis
NSXguy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:52 pm Check out this survivor, a 1st year Shelby Charger with 20K miles;
Cool. Never knew these were offered in a non-turbo version, so was shocked when I saw that it has only 107 HP.
Crisis wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:01 am
NSXguy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:52 pm Check out this survivor, a 1st year Shelby Charger with 20K miles;
Cool. Never knew these were offered in a non-turbo version, so was shocked when I saw that it has only 107 HP.
pos
CHARGER.JPG
and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperature, voltage, and oil pressure.
no it doesn't
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By NSXguy
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:39 am
no it doesn't
Right, so the Shelby Dodges we owned in that time period were mostly all turbos but I believe the gauge clusters were similar (can't say 100% for sure).
Beyond the Speedo and Tach on our turbo L-Bodies there were GAUGES for Fuel level, Coolant Temp, Voltage and Oil Pressure.
(picture is of a Shelby GLH-S cluster that had the Speedo decal that wrapped around all the way back to 135 :thumbup: )
image.png
NSXguy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am
no it doesn't
Right, so the Shelby Dodges we owned in that time period were mostly all turbos but I believe the gauge clusters were similar (can't say 100% for sure).
Beyond the Speedo and Tach on our turbo L-Bodies there were GAUGES for Fuel level, Coolant Temp, Voltage and Oil Pressure.
(picture is of a Shelby GLH-S cluster that had the Speedo decal that wrapped around all the way back to 135 :thumbup: )

image.png
this is what was in our shitbox...
Capture.JPG
NSXguy liked this
By ranger22
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am
NSXguy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

no it doesn't

image.png
this is what was in our shitbox...

Capture.JPG
If it were Porsche, you’d pay extra for less to get a “lightweight” package.
NSXguy liked this
By Crisis
Winning bid of $295K for the Vector doesn't really seem all that insane to me. You don't see one of those every day.
By NSXguy
Crisis wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:26 pm Winning bid of $295K for the Vector doesn't really seem all that insane to me. You don't see one of those every day.
My thoughts as well, cRaZy car for somewhat sane money :tongue:
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]