Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
the last 2 928 jacks i started to clean, ready for ebay the rubber feet just fell off, due to age and corrosion of the alloy jack.
after many hours of searching the www finally found some replacements that are within .5mm the same size and an excellent tight fit in the jack
ebay item number 403638627469 size 11mm in black

old feet
20240319_153035.jpg

new feet
20240319_152219.jpg
20240319_152230.jpg
20240319_153058.jpg
20240319_153108.jpg
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeanR, linderpat liked this
By linderpat
interesting. Now I'm going to have to look at my jack. Never noticed these before.
By worf
Good find.

I applaud, support, and myself partake in efforts to restore factory components to factory condition.

But…

… that OE jack was a POS. :lol2:

Nevertheless, needed for the concours / investment group.

Now, the felt scrotum (“jack sack”) for it? Gotta go all-in.
By h2pmr
worf wrote:Good find.

I applaud, support, and myself partake in efforts to restore factory components to factory condition.

But…

… that OE jack was a POS. :lol2:

Nevertheless, needed for the concours / investment group.

Now, the felt scrotum (“jack sack”) for it? Gotta go all-in.
oh yes would not actually want to use the jack, as you say, its just for having it all there as from the factory, and the concourse / investment people are less concerned about the price :thumbup:

jack bag from the S4 was in very good shape, did even more searching of the www and found some 95% identical material
unless you studied them side by side you could not tell original from this material
so now the original jack bag and material are with a local seamstress, ideal one mature woman, small retail unit in a local market town.
" needs to look exactly like this original bag" i said
she looked inside it and said i can make a better job of the seams
"needs to look exactly like this original bag" i said

should be ready just after Easter, fingers crossed
cheers
Phil
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm " needs to look exactly like this original bag" i said
she looked inside it and said i can make a better job of the seams
"needs to look exactly like this original bag" i said
I personally would prefer better seams on my jack sack. :hiding:
By mr928
Looks very good to me but I cannot get anywhere with that item number. Help an old guy out?
By h2pmr
mr928 wrote:Looks very good to me but I cannot get anywhere with that item number. Help an old guy out?
no problem, description on the listing is:
Rubber Hole Plugs 2.7-14mm Push In Compression Stem Solid Black&White Panel Plug
11mm versions are a lovely tight fit, don't lubricate, just needs working in with thumb and screwdriver
no sniggering at the back..
came from China so took about 3 weeks to arrive.
cheers
Phil
By maddog2020
telling a 928 parts supplier no lube required does have some irony. (no offense Mark, we are glad to have you, and know you are just reselling what porsche and other companies make) I couldn't help but laugh at the irony.
By worf
h2pmr wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:00 am no problem, description on the listing is:
Rubber Hole Plugs 2.7-14mm Push In Compression Stem Solid Black&White Panel Plug
Phil, can you copy the URL for the ebay listing and paste it into a post in this thread?
By mr928
Thank you Phil but unfortunately they do not ship to the US. I will try searching the description for another source
By h2pmr
hi Mark
if you cannot get any, i can get them and ship them over to you, i have bought a few items from you over the years so happy to help you out.
cheers
Phil
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]