Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Mid-engine cars
By N_Jay
I am heading close to 100k, and need to drive to FL in March.

I decided that doing the serpentine belt would be a good idea since I don't have a good record of the maintenance history.

I have heard that the water pump is a regular maintenance item. 60k miles or so.

Guessing that I should do that at the same time.

Anything else??
Thermostat?
AOS?
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 pm I am heading close to 100k, and need to drive to FL in March.

I decided that doing the serpentine belt would be a good idea since I don't have a good record of the maintenance history.

I have heard that the water pump is a regular maintenance item. 60k miles or so.

Guessing that I should do that at the same time.

Anything else??
Thermostat?
AOS?
If you're doing the water pump then then the thermostat is a "while you're in there" repair.

Might want to consider plugs and coils. The AOS should be ok if you haven't seen any smoke symptoms. I did mine on my 996 long after passing 100k miles. Oh check your battery too and make sure it's not expiring soon.
By N_Jay
Did the plugs at 80k
Didn't do coils, but will with the next set of plugs.
I get no smoke at all.
Probably can use a new battery by age, but so far has been fine through the winter.
I know batteries like to die suddenly these days.
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]