Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Sazerac
Hello All

So, let's say that one has the feeling that his fuel injectors are contributing to a slightly rough idle on a 91 GT with ca. 95.000 miles on the clock and otherwise in very good shape.

Are most people still rebuilding the old ones still or is the preferred choice now actually updating to newer injectors? If updating, what are people doing to the accommodate new injectors?

Any feedback would be interesting.

Cheers, John
By linderpat
rebuild the old. There are some good vendors out there that can make them function like new. I used RC Fuel Injection out of Torrance CA for mine, which were original injectors and in desparate need of refurbish when I got my current 85.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
I had my OE injectors (~130K miles) cleaned. Note: RC sends them back painted and with new O-rings.
h2pmr liked this
By Sazerac
Ok, well, thanks for the answers. :beerchug: I did have the injectors cleaned not too long ago. But let me keep thinking.
It's a strange guess but my fuel pump is making lots of noise, so before I do anything with the injectors, I am going to change that first.
By Zirconocene
I went down an injector rabbit hole recently and came across these, for surprisingly little money: https://cars245.com/en/item/bosch-0280158107-injector/

The flow with heptane works out to about 20 lb/hr, or roughly 3.14 microhogsheads/attosecond, so they're at least in the right ballpark, and have the right (EV1) connector. All that said, I have not been able to confirm what other parameters I should be looking at (though the impedance looks OK), so take this all for what it's worth.

Cheers
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]