Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Watercooled 911s
By N_Jay
I have a friend looking for his first Porsche.

Looking for insight on this opportunity.
By worf
What are you looking for in terms of insight?

IMO, for a modern Porsche (997/987/991/981/718) the two most important things to decide upon are:

- Manual vs. PDK.
- Seats: Sport Seats (SS) (2/4-way manual, 14-way electric), Sport Seats Plus (SSP) (2/4-way, 18-way), and fixed buckets.

The first is obvious.

For the second, FBS were not an option (IIRC) on a base 991. That leaves the two typical seat *architectures* SS and SSP.

Based upon my reading, about 25% of people can’t stand SS, about 25% can’t stand SSP, and 50% don’t GAF.

It’s important to decide in which group one resides.
By N_Jay
Is there a sport and sport Plus models like the pdk Caymans or was the 991.2 have all that?
By worf
N_Jay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:41 pm Is there a sport and sport Plus models like the pdk Caymans or was the 991.2 have all that?
The option you seek is called Sport Chrono (SC.) In terms of non-GT cars (not GT-3/4 [RS], Spyder [RS]) it:

- is standard on GTS.
- optional on Base and S.
- standard on 991.2 Turbo/S, Standard on 991.1 Turbo S, Optional on 991.1 Turbo
- for all 991 Turbo/S adds “overboost” for 20 more ft-lbs in mid-range.
- adds clock “wart” on top-middle of dash (easiest way to recognize if a Porsche has SC.)
- adds Sport+ button to center console (for 991.1/981.)
- adds Sport Mode for PSM
- adds active magnetorheological drivetrain mounts (PADM.)
- for PDK, adds Launch Control
- for 991.2 and 718 adds mode switch dial to steering wheel (with selections for Normal, Sport, Sport+, Individual.)
- for 991.2 and 718 PDK-only adds “sport response” button to mode selector which (more-or-less) provides 20 seconds of Sport+ and then reverts to previous selection.

And probably one or two other trivial-ish things I’ve forgotten about.
By N_Jay
He bought it.

Guess I get a ride when I am in Austin next month.

I still remember giving him a ride in my 914 when the big engine (2.4) was fresh.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:59 pm He bought it.

Guess I get a ride when I am in Austin next month.

I still remember giving him a ride in my 914 when the big engine (2.4) was fresh.
That's the way to do it, just jump right on it!

Nothing important, but it struck me this morning[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Hey Bertrand, are you re-using the rusted nuts you[…]

Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout: