Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Watercooled 911s
By TRAKCAR
I’ll be trading in GT4RS.
Only did one track day, might get another one in before bringing it back.

Poverty spec ;-)
White
Base wheels
Base rubber dash
PCCB (to sell them and get ST rotors)
Couple little doo da’s, all sub $1000 options (stuff that’s stock on Kia’s) to make it look like something as dealer was pushing more options.

Did have to get an 992RS a watch for $11K…

MSRP still 259K most specs I’ve seen are $300-$340K Weissach pack and Paint to sample alone are $50K, any not base wheel is $4K leather is $4K..

My first 3 997RS were all zero option white and the 4.0 was 1 of 6 radio delete..

Starting to get excited again after selling both my RS zin 2020.

Tried GT4 (Irish green) great car for the money
GT4RS seems too much crazy noise, harshness and at $200K too much…

GT3 seems perfect but I couldn’t get one at the time but I was able to get GT3RS..
fpena944, TheDeckMan liked this
By worf
Towing capacity of white whale?
By fpena944
TRAKCAR wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am I’ll be trading in GT4RS.
Only did one track day, might get another one in before bringing it back.

Poverty spec ;-)
White
Base wheels
Base rubber dash
PCCB (to sell them and get ST rotors)
Couple little doo da’s, all sub $1000 options (stuff that’s stock on Kia’s) to make it look like something as dealer was pushing more options.

Did have to get an 992RS a watch for $11K…

MSRP still 259K most specs I’ve seen are $300-$340K Weissach pack and Paint to sample alone are $50K, any not base wheel is $4K leather is $4K..

My first 3 997RS were all zero option white and the 4.0 was 1 of 6 radio delete..

Starting to get excited again after selling both my RS zin 2020.

Tried GT4 (Irish green) great car for the money
GT4RS seems too much crazy noise, harshness and at $200K too much…

GT3 seems perfect but I couldn’t get one at the time but I was able to get GT3RS..
Even for being a "base" it looks well equipped!

Was just at the track earlier today and one of the drivers was in a 991 GT3 RS. What a beautiful car. He was tearing it up out there. I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with this one!
By TRAKCAR
I’m very rusty, been 4 years since Sebring, except the one day in the GT4RS, the GT3RS might well be too stiff for the bumps with all that down force. Lots of knobs on the wheel to figure out, beats a setup engineer for 3 weekends at Sebring playing with spring rates and wheel sizes only to conclude out of the factory is fastest. This was 991.2RS, the 991.1RS benefitted massively…

Optional equipment

Exterior
Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
Transmission / Chassis
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) with Calipers in High Gloss Black
Extended Range Fuel Tank (23.7 gal.)
Wheels
20"/21" GT3 RS Forged Aluminum Wheels
Interior
Full Bucket Seats
Central Tachometer in White
Chrono Stopwatch Dial in White
Door Pull Loops in Black
Door-Sill Guards in Matte Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
Audio / Communication
Deletion of SiriusXM® Antenna
Lights
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Exclusive Design Taillights
Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
Comfort Assistance
Preparation for Porsche Dashcam (Front and Rear)
Ambient Lighting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By TRAKCAR
Coupe pics from taking it home yesterday.
Interesting; half my gravel driveway is on every nook and cranny. The front opens but only to fill up washer fluid - it’s full but have a low warning on the dash. . . Initial space ship problems I guess haha.

The glove box has tools in it, so the manual booklet needs to go under the seats and helmet - track bag in the passenger seat I suppose. I can fit small soft bags behind the seats (the don’t fold). You really need to want DRS, haha..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
TRAKCAR wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:03 pm 3000 lbs possibly. But it’s hard enough to keep it between the lines without trailer hahaha.

I’ll drive the car to Sebring and back.. no more trailering ..
Love the pics!

Are you planning on still running with street tires or just taking it easy if it rains on the way back home from the track?
By ranger22
The picnic table is becoming more of a cocktail height. Looks great though! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it and how it compares to the 991s!
By AKSteve
Wow, what a beautiful car! Congratulations! I saw an Arctic Grey GT3RS in the showroom here in Anchorage back in August and spent about 10 minutes just walking around the car and admiring its beauty. That one was spec'ed up to $282k. I had to give myself a reality check and remind myself how a car like that makes no sense on the roads that we have up here. I hope you get to take that car out and enjoy it as often as you can.
By JustBud
Wow! The GT3RS is one of those cars that I love that I can only admire from afar as it's above my pay grade (along with many others) ...... but I'm seriously happy you get to enjoy it up close and personal.

Congratulations!! :beerchug:
TRAKCAR liked this
By TRAKCAR
fpena944 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:16 pm
TRAKCAR wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:03 pm 3000 lbs possibly. But it’s hard enough to keep it between the lines without trailer hahaha.

I’ll drive the car to Sebring and back.. no more trailering ..
Love the pics!

Are you planning on still running with street tires or just taking it easy if it rains on the way back home from the track?
Yes, just Michelins or Dunlops, they are fine in the rain, even in Florida if you don't go nuts
By TRAKCAR
ranger22 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:15 pm The picnic table is becoming more of a cocktail height. Looks great though! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it and how it compares to the 991s!
Its batshit
It feels very the same as a 991.2 at street speeds, a little harder over the bumps, but Ill know more when ive done a couple days at Sebring. I need to learn again as well, been 4 years..
TheDeckMan liked this
By TRAKCAR
AKSteve wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:41 am Wow, what a beautiful car! Congratulations! I saw an Arctic Grey GT3RS in the showroom here in Anchorage back in August and spent about 10 minutes just walking around the car and admiring its beauty. That one was spec'ed up to $282k. I had to give myself a reality check and remind myself how a car like that makes no sense on the roads that we have up here. I hope you get to take that car out and enjoy it as often as you can.
Its nuts, I paid $138K in 2010 for a new RS and 188K for a 4.0 in 2012. Even in 2019 $185K. FF to Bidenomics and here we are, I got "upgraded" to a 2024, the only change was $20K more MSRP... And they made me buy a 13K bullshit watch, so I paid $13K over MSRP I guess...

The over MSRP will be gone by years' end.
In 2015 I was offered $80K over for a purple GT3RS, within 6 months that was gone and they sold for sticker..
In 2019 same thing but $50K, I sold it with 20K miles for $175 in the 2020 lockdown days.

I spent $30K on my daily driver now, seems plenty..
By i am not a traitor
TRAKCAR wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:00 pm

Works pretty good. Drove crappy with passenger and still got Personal Best. Easy to drive, a friend that’s an OK driver and hadn’t been to Sebring in 5 years and he got a 2:15..
Nice work! Pardon my ignorance, is a "break-in" period not required or is that some type of BS that auto manufactures spew?
By worf
i am not a traitor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:18 am Nice work! Pardon my ignorance, is a "break-in" period not required or is that some type of BS that auto manufactures spew?
That eventually becomes a religious argument regardless of any explanations, observations and data.

The actual answer is: yes there is break in, but the thought process for it is too complicated to describe to the average california blonde that buys a new Porsche as their first car from their OnlyFans income, so Porsche’s lawyers require language to protect Porsche from “blonde liability.”

Used to be that language for break in varied by region: e.g. EU “rules” were different from US “rules”, etc.

Short technical answer? Break in is about proper heat cycling where proper means controlled warm up, operation, and controlled cool down.
By TRAKCAR
ranger22 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:35 pm Dayum! That car is quick and it wasn’t even sweating yet……
My PB in 991.2RS was 1:138, so bested with passenger and not even played with any settings.
i am not a traitor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:18 am
TRAKCAR wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:00 pm

Works pretty good. Drove crappy with passenger and still got Personal Best. Easy to drive, a friend that’s an OK driver and hadn’t been to Sebring in 5 years and he got a 2:15..
Nice work! Pardon my ignorance, is a "break-in" period not required or is that some type of BS that auto manufactures spew?
it need 1500Km and tells you each time you start, some say it reduces performance and wont let you rev, I havent tried it and put 950 miles on before I got to Sebring.

That eventually becomes a religious argument regardless of any explanations, observations and data.

The actual answer is: yes there is break in, but the thought process for it is too complicated to describe to the average california blonde that buys a new Porsche as their first car from their OnlyFans income, so Porsche’s lawyers require language to protect Porsche from “blonde liability.”

Used to be that language for break in varied by region: e.g. EU “rules” were different from US “rules”, etc.

Short technical answer? Break in is about proper heat cycling where proper means controlled warm up, operation, and controlled cool down.
[/quote]

I did it anyway, but in the past I haven't. I'm much more a believer in frequent oil changes, and I always warm up the car and cool down the car very gently..
i am not a traitor liked this
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]