Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By Paddlefoot64
0BC3C58C-35B1-424C-8823-E46CC9E4A16E.jpeg
Hey, concerning PPF for trackday use, what do you think of this install?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
I did the same thing to my 996 for the first several trackdays.

Then after a while I thought it looked awful and was a hassle. Figured my car needed to show track scars like a badge of honor. So no more!
By Paddlefoot64
Looks like me trying to Saran Wrap a casserole dish with cheap wrap! I’m sure it helped, but looked awful!
On another note, an owner of a Roush Mustang spun and hit a barrier. No amount of PPF could help that. Felt sorry for the poor guy.
By fpena944
Paddlefoot64 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:37 pm Looks like me trying to Saran Wrap a casserole dish with cheap wrap! I’m sure it helped, but looked awful!
On another note, an owner of a Roush Mustang spun and hit a barrier. No amount of PPF could help that. Felt sorry for the poor guy.
Yeah I've seen those instances where someone is trying so hard to protect from paint chips yet they run into a barrier.

No saran wrap is going to help that!
By David993S
Looks like part of the passenger side lower bumper cover & spoiler are not even covered. I don't fault the guy for wanting to protect his paint. Maybe he had his 8 year old kid do it to get him involved in the hobby.

I'll admit to using painters tape the one time I took the 993S to a DE.

By amdavid
David, what color is your 993S? Mine was L347, arg, I think I miss that one the most, especially when I see the above pic!
By David993S
amdavid wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:13 pm David, what color is your 993S? Mine was L347, arg, I think I miss that one the most, especially when I see the above pic!
It's black. Don't know the code, but it's not the black metallic, just the regular black. I've owned this car since 1999.
By amdavid
It looks dark blue in that pic at first glance. I see it now, black, and YES, black cars matter!

Regarding OP, horrific!
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]