8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Polecat702
Does anyone know where I can have my instrument cluster repaired? The 89 is year specific, as far as I know. It's analog and digital, without the air bags and does miles and metric. The volt meter doesn't work and the battery won't charge.
Any help will be greatly appreciated! I'll thank y'all in advance!
By worf
Hollywood speedo has repaired clusters for me before.

Give them a call.
Polecat702 liked this
By worf
Joe, see what HS has to say.

If they tell you to get lost, report back.

I have another “guy” but I’ll have to dig back into my notes from 10 years ago to see if I have contact info.
By Polecat702
worf wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:43 pm Joe, see what HS has to say.

If they tell you to get lost, report back.

I have another “guy” but I’ll have to dig back into my notes from 10 years ago to see if I have contact info.
Will do. Thanks Dave!!
By worf
N_Jay wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:43 pm Is Palo Alto Speedometer still held in any regard in the Porsche world?
Dunno. Worth a shot.

IIRC either PA or HS told me to get lost with one of the ‘89+ 928 clusters. Surface mount chips and stuff on the PCB.
By Polecat702
I had my spare cluster at Palo Alto Speedometer, for months. Supposedly the crew bought the business from the original owner, then they moved into another building. After 6 months they said it was unrepairable ,
I contacted Hollywood Speedo, was told to ship the one in the car to them, discription of what I need , 3 to 5 days they'll have a price for the repair. Sounds good to me!

Thanks for all the help fellas!
Joe :biggrin:
worf liked this
By Gary Knox
Thanks Mark.
A bit more info: web site is www.espeedo.com , and email is: [email protected]
Phone info states 'Mark' at that telephone number, Pacfic time of course.

Great to have a recommended and experienced source for these.
By Polecat702
mr928 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:58 pm For digital dashes I use E Tech (818) 693-0692 They have done many

Thanks Mark! I'll call and compare prices. It really isn't about money , the quality of repair. You're recommendation really maters! As does Dave's.
Thank You
Joe
Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) simila[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Those wheels are Pirelli P Slots, OEM on certain 8[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]