Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
SUVs and sedans
By fpena944
I've been smelling coolant for some time in my 2011 Cayenne Turbo but have never seen any hit the floor. Recently though my wife has complained that the coolant light has come on and I've had to top it up so I knew it was leaking from somewhere.

Had my dad run a coolant pressure test and found it was coming from the top of the engine under the intake manifold. So I'm sure it's one of the coolant pipes or related plastic connectors in there. I'm sure with almost 200k miles on the car these parts are due for replacement anyway.

Anyone have a favorite source to buy the kit to do this job?
By lupo.sk
Never heard about the 957/958+ 4.8 TT leaking tbh, there is just one spot where a plastic pipe meets aluminium that comes to mind IIRC, I’d check that out.

I always bought either from ECS, Suncoast parts or locally in yerp.
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:28 pm Never heard about the 957/958+ 4.8 TT leaking tbh, there is just one spot where a plastic pipe meets aluminium that comes to mind IIRC, I’d check that out.

I always bought either from ECS, Suncoast parts or locally in yerp.
I spoke with my dad about it some more and he's going to have to take it apart to see exactly where it's leaking. I was under the impression this one had the plastic pipes like the previous generation but it does not. What it does have though are glued pipes within the thermostat housing. But not sure if that is what's leaking or if it's one of the auxiliary lines. It's not a huge leak as I never see it on the floor but I do smell it.

Ok looks like the CTT is going to be taking a break while we tear her down and figure out what's wrong.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:44 pm Drop in a bottle of UV tracer.
When he did the pressure test at a higher PSI than normal operating pressure he did see fluid coming down. So I think once we remove the intake we'll be able to see where it's coming from. But good idea if it's not easy to find!
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:17 pm Once you pull the intake, is the cooling system still sealed?
lupo.sk wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:45 pm
N_Jay wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:17 pm Once you pull the intake, is the cooling system still sealed?
Yes
The worst part of this is the downtime as once the intake is removed then we need to order parts. Hopefully something I can get quickly. Wife doesn't like driving the Cayman to job sites since they're often muddy and unfinished roads for new neighborhoods under construction.
By N_Jay
Get a good parts breakdown, and buy the parts in advance,
You might buy a few extra parts, but you should save yourself a week fo down time.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:58 am Get a good parts breakdown, and buy the parts in advance,
You might buy a few extra parts, but you should save yourself a week fo down time.
That was my initial plan but then when I started looking at the schematics there are dozens of potential break points. So I could end up ordering a number of parts and end up having to return a bunch of them:

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/v-20 ... -and-lines

I mean between my dad and I we have plenty of cars she could use but we just default to the Cayman since it's the newest of my cars and relatively easy to drive (although she hates the fact that she's not sitting higher in traffic like in the Cayenne).
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]