Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Watercooled 911s
By Gregs04.5
Bent a wheel, and have a new one coming, so now is a good time to make a decision on what color to go with. The gloss black sort of gets lost in the wheel well, but does not look too bad IMHO. Something lighter may look better, maybe even trying to match the body color, what do you guys think?
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:10 pm Bent a wheel, and have a new one coming, so now is a good time to make a decision on what color to go with. The gloss black sort of gets lost in the wheel well, but does not look too bad IMHO. Something lighter may look better, maybe even trying to match the body color, what do you guys think?
I'm a fan of the lighter colored wheels for the street and the darker colors for the track. Here is my black 996 with both versions:

Now you could also consider something in like a pewter that isn't quite black but still darker than the polished silver color.

Thankfully there are no wrong choices! (unless you go with pink or rainbow)
By Gregs04.5
Those darker grey wheels look good to me, and may be the direction I head to. I did also post on another forum (that shall not be named) and body color was one color mentioned, but I don't know if I'll find "Paladium metalic" in powder.

Greg
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:25 pm Those darker grey wheels look good to me, and may be the direction I head to. I did also post on another forum (that shall not be named) and body color was one color mentioned, but I don't know if I'll find "Paladium metalic" in powder.

Greg
Body colored wheels would certainly be interesting on your car but I think being such a unique color it probably would be difficult to get a match.

Were your original set 18"?
By Gregs04.5
Yes, 18" wheels, I cannot verify they were on it from the factory, but that's what was on it when I bought it.
I looked through some powder samples online last night, found nothing close to body color, so pewter or some type of gunmetal grey looks like that may be my choice here, cannot go too light, but don't really want black anymore.

Greg
By amdavid
^^agreed. Good your moving away from black, I dislike the wheels getting lost in wheel well, especially from a distance.
By Gregs04.5
I'm really leaning towards gunmetal or pewter, lighter than black, but not silver. I think that trying to get close to body color will leave me disappointed, thanks everyone.

Greg
XR4Tim liked this
By TheDeckMan
Gunmetal or a slightly darker silver than the normal twist color would work well.
By Gregs04.5
Well, I did get them powder coated, and the bronze came out a bit lighter than I thought.

Greg
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]