SUVs and sedans
By lupo.sk
So it begins. My heavily modded 955 TTS that was a 5 cylinder 2-stroke until recently was moved around my indy’s place so much that it ended up in the worst barn in the back.
Since I have time while relaxing in the hospital, I sourced a replacement engine with everything and only 60k miles. Will be getting new turbos (hybrids as before) and it will get my whole “package” of larger injectors and stuff.

The reasoning for wife is that I need a car that is taller for me to get in more comfy after my surgery. And I’ll sell motorbikes to pay for it :)

Supercrappy cellphone pic from my tech
By lupo.sk
Oh, and I sourced the engine for 3k. With turbos and cats and everything.

He wanted 4.5k initially but I talked him down as it’s an old car. Wiiiiin
By fpena944
Wow any other work being done other than the engine replacement while it's in the shop?
By lupo.sk
fpena944 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:52 pm Wow any other work being done other than the engine replacement while it's in the shop?
Will change all fluids I can get my hands on but otherwise everything is sorted. Installed new rotors and pads all around prior to engine being completely fucked.

I’m gonna use it as a weekend / offroad fun vehicle after my leg heals. Will be fucking expensive to run nowadays with gas being $8.25 / gal and a gas mileage around 6mpg. (Those 900cc injectors, haha).
By lupo.sk
One local indy will check the compression and borescope the replacement engine.
I will then have to dismount the turbos and have them rebuilt + install a stage2 hybrid compressor to match my tune and injectors.

I am also thinking about using the larger TD04 turbos (I have a set from my wife’s old 957) and have them converted to stage 2, but can’t find shit about them online and I’m not 100% sure they will fit the 955.

Contemplating a 2” lift, something very subtle, just to be able to go 1 size up on tires as 20” is the smallest I can go due to brakes.

Thinking about adding snorkels and plugs for my ram air to keep the water out if I ever go deeper into wadding, hehe. Probably just watched too many videos of overland cayennes (shit became pretty cool lately as I can see).

If you guys have any further ideas on what to do, lemme know.
By lupo.sk
Engine checked out, took a fuckton of time since I didn’t push and the indy who was supposed to do the compression check also crashed his motorbike, hahahahahaha.

Engine will arrive tomorrow, my guys will get the turbos off, they will get rebuilt and while we’re waiting on those, they will put all my shit on the replacement engine (injectors, aluminium coolant pipes, Ts and whatnot.

Inam contemplating ditching the ram air intake and do full snorkel setup.
By lupo.sk
Ordered steel skid plates for engine and transmission. Will have to fab the rest but that’s pretty easy.

Contemplating a mild lift (2”) to run larger tires since smallest rims I can use are 20” due to brake size.
By lupo.sk
Ordered the lift kit and a bunch of other stuff, someone please block parts websites on my router…

Went to give my guys all the fluids and stuff, they are busy doing coolant pipes and Ts on the replacement engine and also gonna use my alternator since it was rebuilt.

Got the turbos from old and new engine, gonna get them finally rebuilt. I hope the car will be done within 7-8 weeks.
By lupo.sk
One more week became one month because I didn’t have the time to go and get them. All in all nice work, have put in a 1.2bar WG spring so no more boost spikes and fluctuations and it will also enable me to go past 650hp safely. Went with heavy duty overhaul kit with extra big oil canals and collars so hope it helps in keeping the turbos happy.

Now we just need to put it together, do the lift, get a fuckton of new seals and whatnot and woohoo, I can then work on blowing up the engine once again.
TheDeckMan liked this
By TheDeckMan
Those look like proper fun!
By TheDeckMan
~30% more flow than stock?
By lupo.sk
TheDeckMan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:39 pm ~30% more flow than stock?
Close to 40%, ~38% and change.
Combined with stiffer WG actuator and a Greddy standalone boost controller, it makes a nice setup
TheDeckMan liked this
By lupo.sk
My indy ordered $1400 worth of hoses, clamps, fittings and orings…
It’s getting there, sloooowly. Not even setting any dates at this point, haha. Wanna get it moving, drive around a bit and see how it fares. Then I’ll start ordering winches etc and see if we can do a transsyberia-like snorkel setup.

Looking at rooftop tents to take it camping with daughter, have to check them out as I want a sleek setup that will enable me to still do 100mph+.
By lupo.sk
New engine mated to transmission, installed all the goodies from my old engine + new turbos, lift kit is placed and preinstalled.

Indy says engine will be in car next week and they will start it.
By lupo.sk
First start today. Car is dirty as hell and still needs a bunch of small stuff but it ruuuuuns!!!

Pass is “955tts”

XR4Tim, SeanR liked this
By linderpat
these early Cayennes are the best looking. Clean and elegant lines. Too bad that motor is too tall to drop into a 928 :rockon:
By lupo.sk
linderpat wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:02 am these early Cayennes are the best looking. Clean and elegant lines. Too bad that motor is too tall to drop into a 928 :rockon:
Too tall, too tall… nothing a little hacking and a big hammer couldn’t do ;-)
linderpat liked this
By lupo.sk
@linderpat do you want me to take any measures before I convert this to a table? ;)
By linderpat
No thank you - got nothing to put it in. Looking forward to seeing the table though!
By amdavid
How many motorbikes to fund? :biggrin:

Keep us in the loop when it's dialed and when you start using it as intended.
By lupo.sk
amdavid wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:18 pm How many motorbikes to fund? :biggrin:

Keep us in the loop when it's dialed and when you start using it as intended.
I’m out of motorbikes to sell, last dirtbike is my daughter’s ;)

It’s pretty much dialed in altough I can go 2x boost pressure now (theoretically) as the WGs open waaaay later than before. It will build boost while revving in neutral now, you can actually see it in the vid.

Anyhow, I won’t go for highest hp number when I have it dialed in, just want a streetable 600+ hp and lots of low down torque. At least it’s super easy to dial in the boost using the greddy boost controller - I can have it mapped for low boost and high boost and switch whenever I feel like it.
amdavid liked this
By lupo.sk
Holyshit, just got a call from my indy that car is done. It needs some TLC with cleaning, changing of the black parts of wrap and stuff like that but mechanically it’s doooone.

Will go and pick it up, now I need to renew registration and get insurance as I had it “unregistered” during covid.
amdavid, fpena944 liked this
By lupo.sk

Pardon the mess in the garage… gonna put in the work to strip it and make a table. Might even get some money out of it by selling starter and other parts.

I’ll take some car pics later today :)
Designer liked this
By lupo.sk
Picking it up tomorrow from the LPG conversion service guys, it didn’t work as some valves got sticky. Guy took it in last Thursday but went on a vacation for a week so finished today because part arrived after he left.

Now just get the small stuff done … will also need a tune as it’s running a bit lean. Gonna get it done while we’re in the US as my tuner says it will need a lot of dyno time.
By lupo.sk
Took it out for a spin and in classic @cwilt move, I got stuck in mud. Thanks for teaching me, masa.

I also guess the engineer that came up with the 405mm 8pot brakes did not think some retard would put them on an SUV that’s actually being used as SUVs should.

Car runs great so far, still needs stupid stuff as I took it out of the shop just for our camping trip.

linderpat, cwilt liked this
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]